Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boss select?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Anyone find a way to select the boss for the level? Everytime I get in position to post a Top 10 score, the game throws Gulpo at me... It's getting really annoying...

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Anyone find a way to select the boss for the level? Everytime I get in position to post a Top 10 score, the game throws Gulpo at me... It's getting really annoying...

Had 191,660pts for Soft Museum. Could've beaten DiGi had I gotten Jakal (an easy 2.0). Instead the game threw me Clawz, and to make matters worse, I had an extremely low dash meter. Ended up beating him for a 1.7 multiplier, 321,963, and 5th on the 360 leaderboard. <_<

NiiGHTS

NiiGHTS

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've been wondering this myself...but it looks like it's not included in this port...Guess it's good and bad in that...

This port has some minor glitches in it as well. In particular, Puffy...when you grab onto her, she has a reaction whereas on the Saturn version, there is no reaction and you can throw her straight away...it's weird...but it's causing me some grief. I used to be able to kill her with 102 on the clock...not anymore. :(

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I've been wondering this myself...but it looks like it's not included in this port...Guess it's good and bad in that...

This port has some minor glitches in it as well. In particular, Puffy...when you grab onto her, she has a reaction whereas on the Saturn version, there is no reaction and you can throw her straight away...it's weird...but it's causing me some grief. I used to be able to kill her with 102 on the clock...not anymore. :(

Yeah, most of the bosses play differently than they originally did. On the Saturn, I can reliably 2.0 all of them with the exception of Gillwing (I've always sucked at paralooping his tail). On this port though, just Jackle, Reala, and Wiseman...

NiiGHTS

NiiGHTS

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Yeah, most of the bosses play differently than they originally did. On the Saturn, I can reliably 2.0 all of them with the exception of Gillwing (I've always sucked at paralooping his tail). On this port though, just Jackle, Reala, and Wiseman...

Indeed. I can still kill Gillwing with one paraloop, it's just harder. Puffy as I mentioned earlier is completely different and it's harder to grab and throw straight away. Gulpo is glitchy as well...very frustrating. You almost have to get lucky to get a 2.0 whereas on the Saturn, you could get it almost every time.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
I've been wondering the same thing and I just got an email asking about it as well. I think I'll stick with the normal boss for each level instead of random, but it's going to take a lot of practice to master each boss. Gillwing is much harder now and even with practice I'm having a difficult time, but I'll keep on trying.

I've been playing on PS3 but I'll try the 360 soon to get on those leaderboards as well :)

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I've been wondering the same thing and I just got an email asking about it as well. I think I'll stick with the normal boss for each level instead of random, but it's going to take a lot of practice to master each boss. Gillwing is much harder now and even with practice I'm having a difficult time, but I'll keep on trying.

I've been playing on PS3 but I'll try the 360 soon to get on those leaderboards as well :)

I'm almost tempted to wipe my game data just to get the standard bosses... The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is my current leaderboard scores. They're not bad. A few in the Top 10. Most in the Top 20/30.

Crap! I didn't realize there was an option to set nightmaren to "normal." Wonderful! I might actually be able to come in around 500,000pts on Soft Museum now. Still not a boss select, but better than nothing!

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
That makes me sad that we can't select the boss anymore. I loved using Puffy or Gulpo to get a top score :( (though I can't really use Puffy reliably in this one XD). I actually had few problems with Gulpo. Maybe I just got lucky on the first try. But I do think Wizeman was changed and is somehow way easier in this port than in the original. I 2.0ed him my first time in each of the Twin Seeds; I can't do that on the Saturn. I guess the straighter controls leave less room for me to swerve into his obstacles ^^' Also, I noticed a larger "gap" in the flying snow rocks barrage. I was too easy for me to sail through. It'll give me a higher score, yes, but I feel like I haven't earned it.

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

That makes me sad that we can't select the boss anymore. I loved using Puffy or Gulpo to get a top score :( (though I can't really use Puffy reliably in this one XD). I actually had few problems with Gulpo. Maybe I just got lucky on the first try. But I do think Wizeman was changed and is somehow way easier in this port than in the original. I 2.0ed him my first time in each of the Twin Seeds; I can't do that on the Saturn. I guess the straighter controls leave less room for me to swerve into his obstacles ^^' Also, I noticed a larger "gap" in the flying snow rocks barrage. I was too easy for me to sail through. It'll give me a higher score, yes, but I feel like I haven't earned it.

Wizeman is a little easier. If you're dashing left on his first attack and the first set of asteroids materialize right on top of you, you won't get hit. It's also much easier to identify the middle of his twister in the hi-def version.

Thoughtcrime82

Thoughtcrime82

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I'm a joker, I'm a gamer, I'm a midnight toker.
I'd guess if you're aware you have a good score, nerves kick in and making a mistake against the boss is more likely than if you're playing in a more relaxed way.

Whenever I play I hope against hope to avoid facing Gillwing. He was one of the easiest ones in the Saturn version but now I can't take more than 1 link at a time off him. Has anyone else had this difficulty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users