Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

So, are you happy Reala is returning?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Shadow=Reala
Station Square=Twin Seeds
Chaos=Nightopians
chaos emeralds=Ideyas
Lumina=NiGHTS
Eggman=Puffy

......................................>_<''

Why? Why must you hurt me inside? :lol:

Seriously though, what I meant was how lately they keep on making these repainted copies of their own characters, one after the other (hedgehogs in particular). At least that list of characters look nothing like the ones what you're comparing them too. XD I don't remember the name of the one I have in mind in particular, but when I saw him, I thought he was a fancharacter and I thought he was horrible and then I found out he was real. T_T It was like they ripped off a kid on DA who ripped them off first.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I like the fact that Reala is back. I would like it if they had a scene with him "returning from the dead".

Infact, there are rumors that Reala is the final boss of the game. So we'll just have to wait and see.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
So as long as we don't see this...

Reala: Dammit!

Reala: Damn! Not here!

NiGHTS: FIND the COMPUTER ROOM!11!!!!11

Reala: MARIA!

Reala: MARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Reala: ONOEZ MARIA IS DEADZ. ='(

Reala: I AM REALA THE NIGHTMAREN! THIS IS WHO I AM!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

So as long as we don't see this...

Reala: Damn! Not here!

NiGHTS: FIND the COMPUTER ROOM!11!!!!11

Reala: MARIA!

Reala: MARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Reala: ONOEZ MARIA IS DEADZ. ='(

Reala: I AM REALA THE NIGHTMAREN! THIS IS WHO I AM!

Find your own damn computer room! I hated that level.

I don't think that will happen due to the fact the game is not centered around Reala that much. Or is it...

If they make Reala turn out to have some kind of extreame emotional feelings for a dreamer....oi. I don't know. It would really mess up his character. Or it could turn out good...but nowing Sega they will make it too much and everthing will just be so wrong.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Find your own damn computer room! I hated that level.

I don't think that will happen due to the fact the game is not centered around Reala that much. Or is it...

If they make Reala turn out to have some kind of extreame emotional feelings for a dreamer....oi. I don't know. It would really mess up his character. Or it could turn out good...but nowing Sega they will make it too much and everthing will just be so wrong.

If Reala has any emotional feelings for anything except the feel of his fist plowing into NiGHTS' abdomen, I'm gonna be unhappy. Except maybe if he loved his daddy. :D

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

If Reala has any emotional feelings for anything except the feel of his fist plowing into NiGHTS' abdomen, I'm gonna be unhappy. Except maybe if he loved his daddy. :)

Awww. Fauther son love is always a nice thing. Some people like to think of Reala as both evil and misunderstood. Some think that he has more emotional feelings than one may think. But with that face it is really hard to tell....

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Awww. Fauther son love is always a nice thing. Some people like to think of Reala as both evil and misunderstood. Some think that he has more emotional feelings than one may think. But with that face it is really hard to tell....

But after all that "THERE IS NO NiGHTS!" Crap, I really don't think Reala should just go "Oh look, Dreamer. Oh dreamer, deary, would you like to form an emotional interspecies relationship?"

Dreamer: ...goo?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

But after all that "THERE IS NO NiGHTS!" Crap, I really don't think Reala should just go "Oh look, Dreamer. Oh dreamer, deary, would you like to form an emotional interspecies relationship?"

Dreamer: ...goo?

WTF?! lol Yeah. That and have you heard his laugh. I kinda like it. Others may argue. You only hear the laugh if you play back sounds available in the options menu though.

I think everyone has already agreed on the fact that we don't want to see an emo Reala.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

WTF?! lol Yeah. That and have you heard his laugh. I kinda like it. Others may argue. You only hear the laugh if you play back sounds available in the options menu though.

I think everyone has already agreed on the fact that we don't want to see an emo Reala.

That's too bad...I wonder why they didn't put it in the fight. I like the laugh too. :) It sounds a bit like an middle-aged woman though. but my TVs a bit distorted right now...

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

That's too bad...I wonder why they didn't put it in the fight. I like the laugh too. :) It sounds a bit like an middle-aged woman though. but my TVs a bit distorted right now...

Knowing Japan...I woldn't doubt it.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Knowing Japan...I woldn't doubt it.

I always thought Miss Bitters from INVADER ZIM would be a good voice for Reala if they made a cartoon. It always just struck me as funny.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

I always thought Miss Bitters from INVADER ZIM would be a good voice for Reala if they made a cartoon. It always just struck me as funny.

Wow. Her personality maybe...But her voice?

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
So, wait. We know for certain that Reala's making a comeback? o.o

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

So, wait. We know for certain that Reala's making a comeback? o.o

Yes.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
I just had an epiphany.

There's all this talk about what a catastrophe it would be if Reala turned out like Shadow. Well, what if Reala is a different kind of shadow?

We know that Sonic Team likes to reference Jung in the creation of the NiGHTS world. According to this, there are four main types of Jungian archetypes. There's the self, represented by Claris and Elliot. Second and third are the anima and animus, what we call the "feminine side" and the "masculine side". Both of these are represented by NiGHTS, who acts as an animus for Claris and an anima for Elliot. Hence his genderless nature.

That leaves the Shadow. The part of the unconscious that's suppressed by the conscious. Says Wikipedia: "The shadow may appear in dreams and visions in various forms, often as a feared or despised person or being, and may act either as an adversary or as a servant." Fits Reala to a tee, don't you think?

So, between the Dreamers, NiGHTS and Reala, we have all four chief archetypes represented.

Bear in mind that I'm not a psychology major, but I find it completely plausible that Sonic Team took this route.

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
::gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:: I was unawaaaaaaare! ::glees more::

But yeah. o.o A Reala coming back from the dead sequence would be nifty... Like, a shadowed sequence where you can only really make out movement and no definition, and then EYES. Ohgod, that would be happy...

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
It seems I'm not the only one reading un on Jungian's archetypes. I've ordered a book about it from the library where I work at. Hopefully it will be here soon. I read the wikipedia article a while back, these kinds of things have always fascinated me. :3 It sure seems that Reala is the Shadow.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I just had an epiphany.

There's all this talk about what a catastrophe it would be if Reala turned out like Shadow. Well, what if Reala is a different kind of shadow?

We know that Sonic Team likes to reference Jung in the creation of the NiGHTS world. According to this, there are four main types of Jungian archetypes. There's the self, represented by Claris and Elliot. Second and third are the anima and animus, what we call the "feminine side" and the "masculine side". Both of these are represented by NiGHTS, who acts as an animus for Claris and an anima for Elliot. Hence his genderless nature.

That leaves the Shadow. The part of the unconscious that's suppressed by the conscious. Says Wikipedia: "The shadow may appear in dreams and visions in various forms, often as a feared or despised person or being, and may act either as an adversary or as a servant." Fits Reala to a tee, don't you think?

So, between the Dreamers, NiGHTS and Reala, we have all four chief archetypes represented.

Bear in mind that I'm not a psychology major, but I find it completely plausible that Sonic Team took this route.

That kind of Shadow I would not mind. Thanks...I want to read it now but I don't have time untile May 2. Foo. But yes that is ok.

This page also explains why they had the idea of Selph.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Nice bit of researchin' there Mr. Curiosity! Your name is well deserved! XD
Since that definition describes the Shadow as having a very maleable form, ie it can take many shapes... if that route is indeed taken, a shapeshifting boss battle could be in the works. Instead of the original game of tag it could be more standard, with several layers of difficulty.
Sai is intrigued...

Scion

Scion

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, games, anime, manga, movies, music, reading, writing, drawing, traveling, and more...
I'm just glad to hear that Reala is back. I just wonder what he will look like

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
oooh i cant wait. id put arsenic in SOA HQ's tea if they took reala out or made him emo or something. XD

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^

I'm glad Reala's making a return.

I've always been a fan of the 'evil counterpart' idea, so I think that's part of the appeal for me. It's always nice to see the 'other side of the coin', as it were.

My thoughts exactly. It just wouldn't be NiGHTS without Reala involved somehow. Like others, I've also thought of them as two sides of the same coin, very different and yet so much a part of each other. Maybe I'm thinking more Yin Yang here. You get the gist. :lol:

To be honest, I'd kinda like to see them working together at some point, not for good, but because at that moment they have no other alternative. Rivalry FTW! ;) Imagine the banter!

Ashashi

Ashashi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Computers, Anime, Video Games, Sonic, NiGHTS, Internet, Dreams, School, Drawing, Singing, DDR, 3D Video Game Modeling/Game Design
I'm happy he's coming back. I had heard that not many of the original characters were coming back not too long ago, so when I heard that he was coming back it gave me a more relaxed feeling about this new game. Taking out most of the characters usually means a totally new storyline, and if Reala's there then we know something of the original plot has to be there too, right?

nightdreamer

nightdreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Drawing, embrodery, bead crafts, crocheting and sewing.

Fave books: Redwall series by Brian Jaques, Agatha Christie mysteries, some precise mangas and Harry Potter.

Favorite video games: NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Mario Brother Games and most mystery, puzzle and RP games.

I have a DeviantART account under the name ChaotixJewels. It has both Sonic and NiGHTS FanArt and FanFics.
A NiGHTS game isn't a NiGHTS game without Reala. Who knows if he's henchman or main bad guy, but you'll all know that there will be an awsome NiGHTS and Reala fight. I can't wait to see it!

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I'm happy he's coming back. I had heard that not many of the original characters were coming back not too long ago, so when I heard that he was coming back it gave me a more relaxed feeling about this new game. Taking out most of the characters usually means a totally new storyline, and if Reala's there then we know something of the original plot has to be there too, right?

I have to say that I don't really like that train of thought.

Personally, I don't want a property to repeat the same stories over and over again. It's lazy storytelling and it gets old for everyone really quick.

So I don't really want any of the original plot to be in JoD. I want a completely new story with the same characters and the same settings that picks up where the original left off. Is that so much to ask for in a sequel?

In the case of this thread's topic, I'm hoping that Reala gets to play a different role in the storyline. (S)he's become so popular in the past decade that making him/her just another boss like before would just be foolish.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
yes
If he plays like the origional he'll be a change of pace from the giants you have to drill dash into.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'd be upset if he wasn't back.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Id be VERY UPSET. But im sure he'll be there.

also, post #300! w00t!

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
On a Reala-related note, did you know that Tragetic isn't a word? You know, as in Theme of a Tragetic Revenge?
Yeah.. Who knew? :P

Guest_Vampire Killer_*

Guest_Vampire Killer_*
  • Guests
Am I happy Reala and the kids are returning? Of course! Why not bring them back?

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Exactly. They had better bring them back.

Windowlicker

Windowlicker

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I really don't care. I just want this game to be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users