Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

So, are you happy Reala is returning?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Guest_Shark_*

Guest_Shark_*
  • Guests
I would assume most people are. I've ran into one or two that aren't. One hates Reala, the other claims to love Reala, which is his excuse for not wanting Reala back...which makes no sense.

So how many other people are happy that he's back?

And as a side topic, how many people are happy Claris and Elliot are back for that matter?

I personally am happy Reala is back. Something about evil clowns that are awesome. Joker, Kefka, Reala, all awesome.

As for the kids, I'm okay with. I don't care really. I could do without. But I would of at least prefered them to be older, like maybe adults, and their children are maybe having adventures with NiGHTS now. But, oh well.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Reala was cool in my books for most of the years as being a fan. But up until recently i've come to dislike him a tad. Mostly to do with the way TRiPPY portrays him. Can't stand 'reality boy'. But, as for the game version which we all came across 11 years ago, i'm ok with that i guess. If he does return or if he doesn't i don't really care too much. If he does return though it would be nice if NiGHTS finished the job properly this time, haha. XD

Speaking of which. I've got to run down to the local Tesco's now and buy the new magazine. Maybe they'll have a shot of Reala, if we're lucky (though don't hold your breath).
If it does, you know where you'll see it. <_< *bounces down the hill to the super market*

Guest_Shark_*

Guest_Shark_*
  • Guests

But up until recently i've come to dislike him a tad. Mostly to do with the way TRiPPY portrays him.

I must of REALLY missed something here O.o

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.

I would assume most people are. I've ran into one or two that aren't. One hates Reala, the other claims to love Reala, which is his excuse for not wanting Reala back...which makes no sense.

So how many other people are happy that he's back?

And as a side topic, how many people are happy Claris and Elliot are back for that matter?

I personally am happy Reala is back. Something about evil clowns that are awesome. Joker, Kefka, Reala, all awesome.

As for the kids, I'm okay with. I don't care really. I could do without. But I would of at least prefered them to be older, like maybe adults, and their children are maybe having adventures with NiGHTS now. But, oh well.

Hmm,yea pretty happy,my whole attention focases alot on NiGHTS so as long as he/she is in there I really couldn't care.Anyway yes,cause NiGHTS is gonna have to fight him.....and it's gonna be good.^-^

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I'm glad Reala's back, it wouldn't have been the same without him. I'm also really happy that the kids will be back, they're among my favourites from NiD and there's not enough love for them. Of course, this is assuming they doesn't turn out dorky or cliché, but let's hope for the best.

I want to see their new designs - if they have gotten any, that is.

Teh_NoOb

Teh_NoOb

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ah! *Mock-Salutes* Fellow Reala-Fan! XDDDDD.Okay,lame puns and jokes aside, and on a seriouser note.I'm glad Reala is back.

He's the one who makes the game tough for NiGHTS! Don't get me wrong, I'm crazier than a rabid fan-girl over the purple nightmaren.It's just that......hey,I like villians.XD.It gives the story plot.

And adventure,spice if you may.Oh!And I have to agree on this! I want an older Claris and Elliot! Maybe in their twenties...That will be interesting....I just can't wait for NiGHTS 2!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I'm glad he's coming back. I'm a little worried for what he may look like, though.. Well, maybe there will be more story behind him than the one line he had in the game. XD *pretends Archie comics don't exist* I'd like to see what kind of things they will be adding to him (and everyone else) in this new, supposedly fuller story.

And I too love a good villain. :P

Jazz

Jazz

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Generally I don't think you can portray Reala wrong ^.^;; buuut lets not get into that one XD
also I don't think you could have a NiGHTS game without him, I knew they wouldn't leave him out.
every main character needs there conterpart, its just one of those age old things.
Im rather indifferent about the whole thing... But it gives me a rather odd smile to think of it ^___^

Guest_Shark_*

Guest_Shark_*
  • Guests
I just hope they don't turn Reala into another Shadow the Hedgehog...

Yeah, stories need great villains to help them. I hated Wizeman in NiD honestly, but Reala, Jackle, Puffy, pretty much all 6 of the other bosses made up for the lack of a good villain.

Also, a good villain needs to be taken seriously. Eggman and Bowser, although they are good villains, they can't be taken seriously. Reala alone looks like some sort of sadistic killer clown (weither he is one or not, I'm not sure, we don't know), so I can take him seriously.

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I'm glad Reala's making a return.

I've always been a fan of the 'evil counterpart' idea, so I think that's part of the appeal for me. It's always nice to see the 'other side of the coin', as it were.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Hmm, to be honest I'm not really that bothered. Reala is a cool enough idea- the mirror image to NiGHTS thing- and he has a nice design. The boss stage in the original was cool too, it was different to the other bosses because rather than simply moving around in the right pattern (and figuring it out of course) he did what you did- meaning it was a much quicker and less about figuring it out (which means I'm rubbish cause I suck at reacting XD), more 'Aaaah help he's coming PARALOOP!' boss fight.

So I think it could be cool if he has a similar kinda thing in the new game, but to be honest I'm worried they'll make him more... individual almost. I like the fact he still almost seems to 'belong' to Wizeman, again fits in with the mirror image kinda thing he seems to have.

I want Puffy back more though =[ and Gillwing... they were more interesting to me.

As for Claris/Elliot, I love that they're back, makes sense they'd go to Nightopia again (I mean, they still have their ideya =p) and I always loved their designs. I like the idea that they can get the same dreamscape back as well (if this isn't a remake that is...) and maybe it's changed a bit.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Personally I'm glad he's back. I've always loved his design, and he's probably the reason I love red/black/white so much. XD

But on a more technical note, I'm more glad he's here so that NiGHTS 2 doesn't become a Superman Returns thing. The game will not be succesful if their assuming everyone is familar with a story that happened 11 years ago. I'm all for a rewriting of the original for that reason.

suri

suri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Having Reala back is a big plus for me. I just hope they dont develope a big backstory for him, leave things up to the player. I love how the origional was so vague and mysterious.

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
I'm sort of relieved that he is back. Like some of you guys already said, Reala was NiGHTS mirror image, the counterpart to the hero. Even though Wizeman was the main villain of the story, Reala made more of an impact in my book. A game without him would feel... lacking.

And like Sairus said, not everyone knows the original story. Even if this turns out to not be a remake, having Reala in it could very well make some new fans more interested in the original than they might be otherwise.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
It would have just been wrong if Reala were not back in the game. Over the past year (after getting over Realaphobia due to lack of nightmares...thank you god!) I have grown to like Reala. It would also just be wrong considering he is NiGHTS counterpart and all.

Shadow the Hedgehog...I hope Sega doesn't do to Sega what they did to Reala. Spare us...please! Shadow was fine in Sonic Adventure 2...but after that they really ruined it.

At least Reala is back...but what about Jackle?! He may have not been a 1st level maren...but he was so cool. *sobs*

somnium

somnium

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm falling in with the majority here. Reala hadn't even occurred to me when I was looking over the news for Journey of Dreams, I was psyched just that they were making a new NiGHTS game. And then came the bit where Reala was back. I didn't whoop in joy or anything, but it was a definite mental "YES~!"

So far everyone has brought up very good points. Reala's inclusion in the original did make the whole better, being the evil mirror, the mysterious other, and so forth. I can't tell you how many hours my friend and I spent battling it out in the two-player showdown. Oftentimes we wouldn't even fight, but just fly around and do tricks.

And Purgatory, no matter how awful the Archie comics were, I still hold them close to my heart. Some of the ideas in them I really liked. Reala using Wizeman's hands, for one. And you can't tell me that the art of Reala on that last page of issue 4 or 5 where Roger is helping NiGHTS away while the kids are in the back of the patrol car wasn't good. It was one of the few good high points of the art on the series. Or so I think.

Yami brings up another good point. No Jackle love? Oh, the injustice! D:

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I sort of wish he wasn't. Not because I didn't like the character, but I'd like something new in the next one.

Dan

Dan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Wii and Nintendo DS.
Yeah i'm glad Reala is back. He's is NiGHTS main rival and I think they have a score to settle.

In today's NGAMER Iizuka spoke of the influence of having both a mother and a father for each maren boss, which means the F**kle thing could be true.

So I wonder, since Reala was rank 1, will he return unchanged or Merged with another Boss?

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
I'm torn.
I'm personally of the opinion that Nightmaren don't die in the way that humans do.
and Wizeman didn't exactly die, he just turned greyish, so i could see him returning.
I'm a little confused about why it's Reala this time, i guess he's more popular and makes a better counterpart for NiGHTS to focus on.

It's Archie all over again, but I can live with it.

I like Reala, he's my third favorite character (after NiGHTS and GillWing)
As anyone who reads my fanfiction can tell :)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

So I wonder, since Reala was rank 1, will he return unchanged or Merged with another Boss?

If I see anymore boss merging I am going to scream.

Sega person: First we combine Jackle and Puffy. Then Gillwing and Clawz, and then Reala and Gulp----*slap*
NiGHTS: Stop messing with my game!

I wish they could bring the old marens back plus new ones. But nooo...7 levels they say...

Dan

Dan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Wii and Nintendo DS.
Well there is the mother/father concept. Maybe Jackle and Puffy will return, but F**kle is a Nightmaren child/creation of a Nightmaren, in the same way Wizeman could create Nighmaren bosses, so now can the old Bosses from NiGHTS.

Guest_Shark_*

Guest_Shark_*
  • Guests
I think Reala merged with Jackle would be somewhat awesome, but still ruin both characters.

I can imagine Claws merged with Gulpo, you know, cat and fish.

So really, all that would be left for Reala to merge with is Gilwing, or Wizeman.

Guest_DreamWeaver_*

Guest_DreamWeaver_*
  • Guests
Of course! You can't have NiGHTS without Reala!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I do wonder if they'll toss SELPH in there, since they were cut out of the other one.. Hmmmm....

I agree with Shark, I hope Reala isn't just another Shadow. Or anyone else for that matter- I hate when games do that. The Sonic series is it's own ripoff artist. XD

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
*tosses in her two cents*

Well. Personally I am both extremely relieved and extremely YAYWOOT that Reala is back. Like some other people have said, to me the game would feel incomplete without him.

(Actually I'd really like for all the maren to come back... but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. :/ )

Not sure I like the idea of Reala playing a "central role" though. That makes it sound like there's going to be in-depth storyline plot stuff, which I don't think I'd like very much for a NiGHTS game. But who knows, they might make it work. *shrug*

Plus I want to see what Reala's new outfit will look like. Ofcourse. <3

On a slightly different note... wth is all this talk about bosses 'merging' with one another. o_O I think I may have missed something important here.

Guest_Shark_*

Guest_Shark_*
  • Guests

Not sure I like the idea of Reala playing a "central role" though. That makes it sound like there's going to be in-depth storyline plot stuff, which I don't think I'd like very much for a NiGHTS game. But who knows, they might make it work. *shrug*

In-depth story is what I'm actually hoping for.

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.
Reala is back... NiD JoD is a bit more complete now. Let's see the rest. XD

Reala playing a "central role". That's interesting. But please don't make Reala a Shadow.

I'm glad he came back... Now let's see Puffy, Clawz, Gulpo, Gillwing, Jackle and Wizeman. |: Did I miss someone?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Plus I want to see what Reala's new outfit will look like. Ofcourse. <3
On a slightly different note... wth is all this talk about bosses 'merging' with one another. o_O I think I may have missed something important here.

Oh yes of course....Reala's central role. It would suck if they put some long drawn out emo back story to him. Or scenes that make us want to draw more NiGHTS X Reala yaoi art. D: (Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just hope I don't get hints in the game....)

As for the merging thing...there is nothing official saying that. However, many fans belive that the new maren looks like a Jackle and Puffy combined. We are speculating if they are going to do this with other marens.

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Location:WAY back in the country. And no you don't get phone service.
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, playing my flute and guitar, tap dancing, being outdoors.
Personally I'm glad to see that Reala will be back.......although I have to admit, the idea irks me a little. What are they gonna do to him? They changed NiGHTS's style ( which I'm cool with for the most part ) but somehow I don't think that same style would suit Reala too well. Besides, after seeing SEGA smash together my least favorite character with my favorite character in the game sort of destroyed my trust. * fumes over Jackle being merged with stupid Puff* But it will be cool to see Reala back, long as, like somebody else said, they don't make him a Shadow Jr, or anything like that. That'd be too much. :P

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

AND! Hopefully he will be a kick arse boss! I want to be able to break my controller over him!

Yes! Annoying boss battles that are really hard because camera angles suck! WOOOO SEGA!!! lol No really I hope he is a good boss in a creative sense too.

Kraken

Kraken

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Running (Cross Country), video games (especially NiGHTS, of course), and other various things.
I'm glad he's back too, as long as he doesnt replace Wizeman as the main villain. That'd be a bit annoying, but forgivable in the end, I guess.

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.

That'd be a bit annoying, but forgivable in the end, I guess.

Not for me. T_T
Reala replacing Wizzie... That's just wrong, I think. Only if Reala went Super Sayan and has his power OVER NINE THOUSAND. I'm only going to accept Reala replacing Wizeman with a GOOD excuse (Storyline, mad super sayan powers, something, not just trowing Reala in the last level of the game as the boss and that things...)

Guest_Shark_*

Guest_Shark_*
  • Guests
I hope Reala does replace Wizeman, ONLY if this is a sequel. If it's a remake, they better keep Wizeman. As much as I HATE Wizeman, they better keep him in a remake. Other than that, screw him. Either make Reala the main villain, or have a better villain come along and replace Wizeman.

Ninja Liz-chan

Ninja Liz-chan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Videogames, Science fiction, cartoons, manga, art, music and writting.
Hum, I don't really care to much about Reala comeing back. He's not one of my favorite characters, proably because he's one of the more Clown like characters. I have clown phobia >>; I know Most of the characters have at least a little bit of Clownness...if that's a word. But Reala is one of the ones that buggs me the most. It's strange, I think Jackle should probably bug me the most, but he's not. Perhaps because he doens't actually have the clown like make up like Reala does. Eeek. Anyways, agian I"m not trilled but I'm not horrified eather, as long as I get to smack him about I'm good with it (hehehe)

Now the kids, yeah I like the idea of having them back too. I like Elliot, Perhaps it's because he has blue hair... mmmm blue hairr *cough* I like the kids, there cute.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I guess I'm okay with it, but with him sounding like the "MAIN BADGUY", I'm afraid he'd turn into some villain cliche thing.

And as long as Reala's new design is NOT Fuckle, I'm fine :|

Guest_DREAMiN_*

Guest_DREAMiN_*
  • Guests
I'm in sorta a 50/50 state here, at one side I'm glad that Reala's coming back because he is one of the coolest recolors I've ever seen, but the other side says that if I play and reach Reala's boss stage "If he has one" I will need to go through that 4 tries to beat him again. (Yea I took me 4 times while yelling and swearing at my Tele)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I'm in sorta a 50/50 state here, at one side I'm glad that Reala's coming back because he is one of the coolest recolors I've ever seen, but the other side says that if I play and reach Reala's boss stage "If he has one" I will need to go through that 4 tries to beat him again. (Yea I took me 4 times while yelling and swearing at my Tele)

Four tries is not that bad. God I wish that was all it really took. NiGHTS bosses are not that bad. I will fail at Jackle or Puffy from time to time due to unprdictability.

You want to talk annoying though...I spent about 60 tries (no I am not exaturating) trying to beat BioLizard in Sonic Adventure 2 and I only beat that thing once. I can get BioHazard in 20 tires....but the first form is harder for me. My boyfriend picks up the controler and beats him on his first try. Then he leaves saying Sonic is gay and too easy. >.< I utterly suck at Sonic games sometimes. (Oi the Sonic Heroes special stages. I have payed though 100 times and I only have 3 emeralds to show for it. That was the first time I actually went on a rampage due to a game. I quit and used codebreaker after that.)

At any rate, that article says that they want to try and not make NiGHTS so hard that it is too frustrating. So hopefully the boss battles won't be too bad. I also find it annoying when I have to play a lot of games that are just way to hard. (Megaman...dear GOD NO!!!)

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I definitely would like to see Reala back. that was a fun fight.
But Reala is just an awesome character, the design, the voice, the music theme, and the way you kicked Realas....yeah.
I cant really think of any reason to hate reala though. Every NiGHTS game needs its villains.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I definitely would like to see Reala back. that was a fun fight.
But Reala is just an awesome character, the design, the voice, the music theme, and the way you kicked Realas....yeah.
I cant really think of any reason to hate reala though. Every NiGHTS game needs its villains.

Yes...but some villains are just plain bad. Or they alter the old horribly. Like how they keep making Dr. Eggman skinnier and skinnier. How is he Eggman if he doesn't look like an Egg?!
What are they going to do to Reala? Make him bulgier and bulgier? O.O So long as its more muscular bulge maybe we will be ok. XD

Wait...Reala does have a lot of muscles on his arms and chest...but not so much the rest of his body? Is he a body builder?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
well in a dream world things shouldnt always stay exactly the same should they? a reimagining of the character might not be so bad. I mean look how nicely NiGHTS turned out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users