Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS for Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MidniteAndBeyond

MidniteAndBeyond

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Manga, Drawing, Acting, Singing.
I couldn't be happier with the fact that the NiGHTS into Dreams... 15 campaign was successful. I'm so amazed by the work everyone did to get NiGHTS brought to the new generation of gamers. But every time I watch that trailer, I get a little heartbroken seeing that there was no mention of it at all of it being on the Nintendo Wii U. After NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams was so masterfully presented to us on the Nintendo Wii only, I thought it would be an obvious yes to being on the Wii U. And now all I hear is people saying they want it on the Vita. What about the other 3rd of the gaming community who's not getting NiGHTS at all?

You might be saying, "If you don't have a PS3 or 360, then get it on PC". But I'm not a PC gamer. The only games I've ever played on a PC were the MOTHER and MOTHER 3 Fan Translation. And while those games were some of the best I've played, It doesn't feel natural playing games on computer. I know there's a lot of PC games and PC gamers out there, but I also know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Between people who don't have a PS3 or 360, but want to play NiGHTS HD on a console, to people who don't know about/like PC gaming, there's more people than just me who feel this way.

Besides the SEGA Saturn, all I have are Nintendo systems. I don't have $200 lying around to get a PS3 or 360, but I, just like everyone else, have been waiting for this moment for a long time and wanna be a part in it. It just felt like a stab in the back when everyone was so happy that everyone was gonna be able to play NiGHTS again, but it reality, not everyone can. To bring NiGHTS back for everyone to experience, it seems only natural that it should be on every console. For NiGHTS to truly be brought back to everyone to enjoy, I feel that we should be able to let NiGHTS connect with every dreamer of every era of every kind. Nobody wants to be left out of this, and I feel a lot of people are.

I'm not blaming any person for this, I'm not mad at any specific people. I'm just trying to let this be known that NiGHTS hasn't been fully brought back to everyone yet. They didn't forget NiGHTS, but they did forget Nintendo. My love for NiGHTS is as strong as my love for Nintendo and I want to be able to experience the rebirth of NiGHTS into Dreams... after all the hard work everyone put into getting it this far. Hopefully someone here understands me and aggress with me. I know for a fact that I'm not alone on this. I just need to get those dreamers gathered together for one last call.

NiGHTS For Everyone!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
You "don't have $200 lying around to get a PS3 or 360" but you're already planning on owning Nintendo's new console the moment it comes out?

I don't think it's fair to say Sega is snubbing a fan-base for not preemptively supporting a console that hasn't been released yet.

MidniteAndBeyond

MidniteAndBeyond

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Let me rephrase that. I don't feel right buying a whole new system just for one game. And I never said I was mad at SEGA, or blaming them for anything. I know the Wii can't handle it and the Wii U isn't even out yet. My main point here is that everyone deserves to experience NiGHTS' rebirth. That is all.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
While your request is somewhat valid, it's also kind of inconsiderate. (and posting the same thing several times is not an effective way to get an answer.)
I hate to phrase it as, "You're lucky you're even getting a port" ..but really, that's all I've got right now. Seriously. A ton of effort went into making this happen, and you're still not happy? Okay, cool.

There are a lot of people who won't get to "experience NiGHTS's rebirth." ..but you have a PC. You at least have an option.

MidniteAndBeyond

MidniteAndBeyond

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

While your request is somewhat valid, it's also kind of inconsiderate. (and posting the same thing several times is not an effective way to get an answer.)
I hate to phrase it as, "You're lucky you're even getting a port" ..but really, that's all I've got right now. Seriously. A ton of effort went into making this happen, and you're still not happy? Okay, cool.

There are a lot of people who won't get to "experience NiGHTS's rebirth." ..but you have a PC. You at least have an option.

I'll admit I was stupid to post in in 3 different places. I first put it in the NiD area, but then thought it would somewhat apply to the JoD area as well, so I put it there. But then I saw there was an area talking about the remake itself, so I put it there. While it is spam, please don't see it as purposeful spam. I understand why you deleted the first two and I apologize.

So apparently the first two sentences in my post don't show that I'm happy we're getting the port at all, so let me say it again. I'm extremely grateful that the NiGHTS into Dreams... 15 campaign was a success and I'm so happy that everything TRiPPY, DiGi, OC Remix, and every single dreamer who supported the campaign worked so hard for was achieved and everyone's calls were heard. It was the greatest day of my life when SEGA asked on NiGHTS' 15th birthday if we'd like to see NiGHTS rereleased onto modern consoles. It was an even greater day 1 year later when it was revealed in it's entirety. Please don't see me as some stranger who just waltzed in here to complain about NiGHTS not being on the Wii U. I've been involved with NiGHTS, the NiD community, the forums, and the NiD 15 campaign for a very long time. I know what I was asking for and what I was saying when I posted that.

I am happy for everyone being able to play NiGHTS again. Because everyone CAN play NiGHTS again. But what if the remake was ONLY for PC? Don't you think somebody, (especially somebody here) would ask for it to be brought to consoles? And I really don't think it's fair to call me out and say I'm being inconsiderate and rude for simply bringing this to everyone's attention. Was it inconsiderate for people to ask for NiGHTS to be put in Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing? Was it inconsiderate for people to ask for NiGHTS to be in the sequel that didn't even east yet after it was announced that he'd be the flagman? Was it inconsiderate to start the NiD 15 campaign right after the mission to get him in Allstars Racing failed? Was it wrong to ask for MOTHER 3, a text heavy RPG at the end of the GBA era to be brought to North America with one of the biggest campaigns in Internet history? Was it wrong that they ended up translating it themselves? Was it a bad thing people wanted Earthbound on the Virtual Console, and are still asking for it even though they were given the answer that it's impossible? Is it inconsiderate for the fans to be making a fan-made MOTHER 4 after Itoi said he wasn't going to do it? Is it bad that people started asking for Majora's Mask 3D the minute Ocarina of Time 3D was released? Was Operation Rainfall just a bunch of baseless, inconsiderate demands for more games? All of these things, including my own plea, weren't baseless, inconsiderate, demands for more games...they were dreams.

People knew and experienced the things they were fighting for to be brought back, or reincarnated for everyone to experience. All of these people had their lives changed due to the impact these things had on their lives. And they never wanted that feeling to die, or let it be exclusive to only certain people or a certain era. The people of the Starman.net forums were just ordinary people who started out with nothing, but because of their work and detection, and finding the people who had the same beliefs they did, look at them now. TRiPPY, DiGi Valentine, Jof, Zero-Shift, and even you were just ordinary people who started out with nothing, but because of their work and detection, and finding the people who had the same beliefs they did, look at them now. I KNOW that people who don't have a PS3 or 360 won't play NiGHTS on PC. I KNOW people won't know about NiGHTS on PC if they don't have the consoles it's on. I KNOW people, although they have the chance and option to play NiGHTS, won't due to lack of knowledge and determination. And I KNOW that there's people out their who need NiGHTS in their life right now more than ever. NiGHTS can give so much to everyone he meets. He's done so much to make sure we protect our dreams. So if NiGHTS is giving his all all the time, then why shouldn't I give my all in trying to get everyone to dream?

I know the huge amounts of effort and time that went into everything the NiD forums has done over the years. I know the time and effort that was done to accomplish dreams in so many other areas, too. I've seen many dreams accomplish, and many dreams fail. The ones that fail are the ones that the dreamer didn't believe in the entire time. During this struggle, I'll run into people who think my dream is selfish or absurd, but I'll eventually find the ones who'll share the same beliefs as me and who'll work together with me to accomplish greatness. You'll never know until you try, and that's exactly what I'm gonna keep doing! I won't give up in asking, I won't stop believing that it can become a reality! BECAUSE IF IT'S NOT WORTH FIGHTING FOR YOUR DREAMS, THAN WHAT IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR!?

Believe in hope, have courage, and achieve greatness.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I understand your want to have it on ALL the things. Trust me I want it as a Vita/iOS title (completely impractical though because of lack of shoulder buttons). Loads of people keeps saying 3DS (not my personal cup of tea). But stuff happens for reasons or another and it's one of those things that if you want something you have to go ask for it and get enough people behind you. Make a noise in the official SEGA forums or send in paper letters to SEGA. I'm not entirely sure what the download situation with the Wii U is. But if its something you feel is worth having then do your best to get it. I'm pretty much done with campaigns from now onwards, so i wish you the best of luck.

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Because each system is vastly different in how it works as the base level, it takes a lot of effort to make something designed for one system to work on another. I'm glad they didn't waste time adding Wii-U support to their games yet, but if they have an integrated engine which builds for different systems, then they can just create support late on. Just because it isn't announced now, does mean it won't happen. Just let them get it right first on ONE system before you ask them to waste resources and time they could use making the game better to support more and more systems.

My general rule of thumb is: The more cross-platform a game is, the worse it is due to wasting time porting across platforms.

CROSSiNG

CROSSiNG

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Let's see: Making music, books, video games, oh yeah and NiGHTS.
You know, you could just suck it up, buy a controller, and play it on your PC. You can even hook it up to a TV, and thanks to steam "Big Picture" mode (terrible name, btw) it'll feel like using a console.

Duplex

Duplex

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
... Such big walls of text...

Isn't there a rumor that Sega will be putting their XBLA and PSN titles on Wii U's shop anyway?

Master D

Master D

Lurker

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:games and roller coasters! OH! And Bob (guinea pig).
Well the Wii U isn't out yet. As far as we know, that could be a future project. Be patient kiddo. And If I made an $800 computer just so my Saturn emulator would run smoothly, with no job, just a few yards, cars to wash and computers to fix for friends and family, you can too. All you need is to believe!...and save. ;) Make a little research and see which system has more games that catch your eye besides NiGHTS.

Coolmatt49

Coolmatt49

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Been a looooooong time since I've posted on these forums. Glad to be back ><

Anyway, I really do hope to see the Wii U version come to life in the future, but I'll be sure to buy it on either the PS3 or Xbox 360 when it comes out AND buy it on the Wii U if they decide to do it. At $10, it really is a steal to see not only an HD remake of the game that started my favorite series from SEGA, but to see Christmas NiGHTS as well.

I still play the original of both games on my Sega Saturn, but I'm glad for online leaderboards so that I can show to the world how awesome I am :P .

To see it on the Vita or 3DS would be another treat to have the game in portable form, but for now, I'm all happy for what SEGA is offering. Here's hoping they see huge sales for this HD Remake and see it fit to make a sequel to NiGHTS Journey of Dreams. NiGHTS fans FTW! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users