Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS manga

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SuperPian

SuperPian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I was thinking about making a NiGHTS manga, probably with new characters. Ideas for it would be nice like stuff about the dreamers, if NiGHTS should have a new costume, or new nightmarens.

SuperPian

SuperPian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry about the double post but I wanted y'all to see what I got for the cover.
Posted Image
I know its not that good I rushed it then inked and colored it using my tablet. Please tell me what you think. I really need to think about how the characters will look and stuff about them.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
One thing I was curious about -- do you already have an existing storyline for your manga, or are you starting from scratch?
What's the idea, storyline, plot, what tone are you using (dark and spooky, light-hearted and fun, etc)?

Cover looks alright. I'm no expert when it comes to digital art, but depending on your digital art program, you can tweak things with lines and whatnot to get a crisper feel. There are tutorials everywhere, just takes a simple internet search (beware though, you might end up like me, with about 12 tabs open reading for hours XD )

SuperPian

SuperPian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I haven't got a storyline, I'm still thinking about how it should go and everything.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Maybe you could start out making something small like drawing up simple comic strips to get a feel of where you want the story to go. Doodle a bit of characters on a sheet of paper and eventually you'll start seeing character designs you like.

SuperPian

SuperPian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've got more information and pictures right here.

CROSSiNG

CROSSiNG

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Let's see: Making music, books, video games, oh yeah and NiGHTS.
It looks like you're using paint as of now, and that's a damn shame. GIMP is much better, and free. You might even want to try out the demo of adobe illustrator.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I just have a question and I don't want it to come off as rude, but why "manga" as opposed to "comic?"

I've always understood manga as referring to comics that were originally published in Japan. The term just throws me for a loop.

SuperPian

SuperPian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

It looks like you're using paint as of now, and that's a damn shame. GIMP is much better, and free. You might even want to try out the demo of adobe illustrator.

Actually, I am using GIMP, I'm just not good with coloring, and inking it digitally.

I just have a question and I don't want it to come off as rude, but why "manga" as opposed to "comic?"

I've always understood manga as referring to comics that were originally published in Japan. The term just throws me for a loop.

To me manga is more of a style, everything is different, and american comics are normally in color, while manga are in black and white.

Does anyone have a picture of the ideya palace I can use as a reference?

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
The Ideya Palace Icon that jofamo made might make a useful reference for you: http://jofamo.devian...-Icon-152806560

SuperPian

SuperPian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've got more sketches right here. Please tell me what you think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users