Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game Shows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Normally I'd try to write a paragraph or so explaining the reasons for creating this post, but I'm suffering from a bit of a writer's block *is ashamed*. So I'll get straight to the point, whether it was created recently or has a special place in your memories, were there are any quiz and game shows that you were fond of? If so, could you explain the concept of the show and what it was that you liked about it?

For me, the show gave me the most memories was "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" This show (and just about everything that came up from it) was the obsession of my sister and I when we were in elementary school. It mostly revolved around children trying to capture a super thief and her agents, who were known to steal things that were borderliine impossible to steal and then leave the country. While the silly skits and the fact that a thief could steal a whole island were interesting aspects of the show, it used to drive us insane that Carmen constantly kept getting away.

Other honorable mentions would have to be Jeopardy (you'll be surprised what you can learn), Nick Arcade (a game show that involves video games), and Family Double Dare.

So, how about you?

P.S. Sorry I had to fix one of the sentences.

Edited by Dark Magician, 19 January 2012 - 01:53 AM.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego is the only game show I would buy if they put it out on DVD. It was a huge part of my childhood.

I also have strong (though less favorable) memories of The Price is Right, since it was always on TV when I was sick from school. I didn't have cable so my TV options were limited. It was never really a great show IMO, but was the best option for a bored kid.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego WAS AMAZING. It was one of the shows that made me walk home from school as fast as I could so I wouldn't miss it..
And seriously, who doesn't like the song?

The Price is Right grew on me since I'd go stay with my grandma in the summertime. We had this little black and white TV that we'd watch it on while we ate the sandwiches she packed for us to take to where she worked (she and grandpa always stayed at a campground during the summer and she'd run the front gate). All in all, I'm more entertained with some of the features of the games more than anything, like the Mountain Climber game with the yodeling... and if the contestant guessed too high, he'd fall off the cliff (tragic and hilarious). We'd yell at people for guessing obscene prices on simple items..
Still haven't really adjusted to Drew Carey as the new host. He seems to finally be warming up to the role compared to when he first started. I thought he started out terribly dry and cold.

Used to watch Win Ben Stein's Money, which I recall having some humorous moments. Apparently not that many, because I'm having a hard time recalling anything noteworthy.
Used to watch Wheel of Fortune, as well... but that was mostly because my parents had control over the TV during dinnertime and they didn't like watching my shows. I dislike Wheel of Fortune with a passion. I don't know if it's Pat Sajak's hair or Vanna White's horrible wardrobe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users