Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How would you describe Reala's actions throughout the game?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

General Reala

General Reala

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, DN Angel, Pokemon, Naruto (pre Shippuden), Klonoa, Kirby, Harry Potter, Warrior Cats, Inu Yasha, Yu-Gi-Oh, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of the Abyss, Code Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Super Smash Brothers, Kid Icarus, General Hospital, The Legend of Spyro, Silverwing, Minecraft, Romeo X Juliet, Marble Hornets,
Sort of a question of what do you think is behind the way he acts throughout the game and how he may think.

Obviously, his first and foremost motivator would be Master Wiseman. Supposedly he's steadfastly loyal, but I at least partial believe said loyalty stems from fear. Wiseman liberally threatens Reala, starting with Wiseman's murders of Donbalon and Bomamba (depending on the story) whilst stating failure will not be tolerated, implying Reala will share the same fate should he fail. Also, at least once Reala can be seen stuttering in his dialog when addressing Wiseman regarding bad news.
Secondly, minus any fears of Wiseman, Reala seems to be somewhat cowardly in both tactics and in general. Multiple times he chooses to leave lower leveled Nightmaren to guard NiGHTS when caged, as if not wanting to be the one to take the fall when NiGHTS inevitably escapes while coupled with the power of a visitor. When he actually does fight, he doesn't fight directly, instead summoning that portal that rains down those exploding spheres that he launches at NiGHTS and hides behind. Even then, when it looked like he'd be beaten, he broke the rules, trapping NiGHTS as he turned tail and fled. He also shows signs of being rather afraid of Cerberus, but then again, so does NiGHTS (which is rare). Lastly, it seems he still holds on to what ever kind of relationship he used to have with NiGHTS. This may opt for another reason to trap her rather than fighting her. He also seems somewhat jealous of the visitors NiGHTS took a liking to and tries to get rid of them only to hurt NiGHTS.

I like Reala, and while I haven't quite hit everything, these stand out. Your mileage may vary though.

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting
JODs Reala is an interesting one. I think he acts more out of fear than loyalty, even though SEGA state otherwise as you can tell from his reactions. Honestly SEGA shows Reala more of a school bully than sadistic.
To me the more ruthlessness and desperation comes out in his Nid personality.

Diputs

Diputs

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theorizing about either NiGHTS or the waking world, learning magic, showing magic, stories of almost any kind, writing, taking over the world.
Wizeman doesn't really seem to have much regard for his creations in Jod(unable to speak much about NiD due to not owning it). If they don't complete their reason for existing, they are no more useful than a broken tool, and might as well be cast aside. Reala and NiGHTS, who seem to be the only Nightmarens that are capable of feeling and expressing emotions, each sort of dealt with the stress completely differently; NiGHTS with total rebellion and Reala with total servitude.
Reala does fear Wizeman, but also refused to rebel several times even when the perfect chances prevented themselves. Also, some of the lines seem to express scorn at NiGHTS for continuing with what Reala sees as a hopeless act. "You're the one who can't do anything without borrowing power from Visitors!"
Reala does seem to cheat a lot, though it sounds like this is not so big a factor in the original game, when they fought by drill-dashing and paralooping each other. To be fair though, Reala's line "You did hurt me more than I expected" implied he knew NiGHTS would win, perhaps implying he was actually holding back until NiGHTS was in the position to be trapped. Either Reala actually knew NiGHTS was stronger or did not want to hurt her.
Reala still seems to like NiGHTS, while at the same time thinking him foolish to be rebelling against Wizeman. I would think that is Reala's cause for trying so hard to seperate NiGHTS from the Visitors, thinking that she is just taking a liking to their source of Ideya or something.

Also, hello and welcome to the forum!(that should have been at the top maybe)

General Reala

General Reala

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, DN Angel, Pokemon, Naruto (pre Shippuden), Klonoa, Kirby, Harry Potter, Warrior Cats, Inu Yasha, Yu-Gi-Oh, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of the Abyss, Code Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Super Smash Brothers, Kid Icarus, General Hospital, The Legend of Spyro, Silverwing, Minecraft, Romeo X Juliet, Marble Hornets,
Thanks for the welcome : )

Also, some of the lines seem to express scorn at NiGHTS for continuing with what Reala sees as a hopeless act. "You're the one who can't do anything without borrowing power from Visitors!"

The amount of hopelessness in the act of defeating Wizeman depends on rather he'll really stay dead. If he stays dead, that's all well and good, and Reala is wrong, but if not-
"I will not die. So long as there is evil and hatred in the hearts of man, I shall live on."
-then you spend an eternity of fighting against someone whom you can never truly defeat. Who really knows though if he meant he'd live-live or just live on in spirit.

Also, yes, in the original game it's a much more straightforward fight, and he also seems more sure of his ability to actually defeat NiGHTS. It makes it seem like they want to kill each other though, which is a sharp contrast from JoD.

Reala still seems to like NiGHTS, while at the same time thinking him foolish to be rebelling against Wizeman. I would think that is Reala's cause for trying so hard to seperate NiGHTS from the Visitors, thinking that she is just taking a liking to their source of Ideya or something.

This seems likely so, and Reala seems annoyed, if not hurt, when NiGHTS ignores him in favor of the visitors. He likely rather detests the idea of dualizing as well.

RachelF19

RachelF19

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Ty beanie babies,Music, Singing,Karate, The Nightmare Before Christmas. My two favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas.
A friend of mine said that Reala's voice almost sounded like stewie, every time I listen to Reala's voice I don't see it lol. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users