Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the Nightmaren and the Ideya (some spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

The Exile

The Exile

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Does anyone know if Wizeman knew about the Ideya when he made the Nightmaren? I have a theory that they were created specifically to be able to neutralise their effects when Wizeman wants to possess people without being resisted by the Ideya.

When I look at the bosses of NiD (apart from Wizeman himself and NiGHTs and Reala, who are supposed to be different to the other Nightmaren), they seem to be themed heavily on concepts that are the opposite of the Ideya or that would be destructive to Ideya. For instance, Jackle is themed around insanity and chaos, which are the opposite of the wisdom/maturity of the Growth Ideya. Clawz is a cat chasing a mouse, a symbol of fear and the feeling of being hunted, which would counteract a red Ideya. Puffy is an opera singer, and seems to be singing a tragic song, probably in a very stereotypical opera that inevitably has a bad ending, which would counteract the yellow Ideya of Hope. Gulpo is a giant goldfish, associated with poor memory and attention span, and things that are the opposite of Intelligence in general. Gilwing is a serpent/dragon type thing, which in some mythology is associated with the Devil, temptation and corruption, the opposite of the purity of the White Ideya.

Some of these are fairly long shots, I know, especially as every Maren's stage has all the Ideya except the red one.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I really like that theory; it elaborates on the "Dark Ideya" idea that's been floating around a while. Does it work for JoD?

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
This is quite interesting, Anti-Ideya. It would make sense if Wizeman knew about the Ideya - those are what can, essentially, kill him, so he would create the Marens in order to counter-power them in order to maintain his power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users