Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reala is Horrible

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
I was randomly inspired to make a music video for NiGHTS using the song "My Eyes (On the Rise)" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Do not ask me why, because I don't know.

I wanted to get it done before I lost interest in it, so it was very rushed (finished in one night) and I did not put as much effort into it as I probably should have. Still, thought I'd share. =)

Please note that this is not intended to be a Reala x NiGHTS video-- I have nothing against anyone who might like that pairing, but I just don't see it, so that is not what this video is meant to portray.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
That song works really well for these two characters and I think you did a good job in choosing scenes to put in the video. The only gripe I have, and this is the only gripe I ever really have with JoD music videos, is that there are subtitles. This isn't your fault though. I don't remember ever seeing an option to turn them off and if there is one I surely haven't seen it so I can't blame anyone for having them in their videos. But again, you did a good job and the song works really well along with it being enjoyable to listen to.

Diputs

Diputs

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theorizing about either NiGHTS or the waking world, learning magic, showing magic, stories of almost any kind, writing, taking over the world.
That's awesome! Exellent work, especially if you did just throw it together in one night!

Sundial

Sundial

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I really, really like this! You did a good job for something done so quickly.

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thank you everyone. I'm glad you all liked it. =)

And I know what you mean, iLLViLLAiN; I hate those subtitles, too. I wish there was a way to get rid of them.

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Made another quick NiGHTS video. Nothing to do with Dr. Horrible, this time, though (and, admittedly, the Dr. Horrible one I made was much more fun).

I found a song on my computer (White Night, True Light by Vic Mignogna) from a long time ago, and when I listened to it I immediately thought of NiGHTS. And then this happened:

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
I made another NiGHTS music video. =)
I decided to challenge myself this time by trying not to use any subtitled clips from JoD.

This one took quite a bit longer than the others. It is done to the song "Tell Me Why" by Declan Galbraith.

I could not upload this one to YouTube (well, I could, but YouTube blocked it in so many countries because of the song that it was pointless to upload it there). So I uploaded it to Photobucket instead. Doesn't seem like I can embed it here, so here is a link:

NiGHTS - Why

Diputs

Diputs

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theorizing about either NiGHTS or the waking world, learning magic, showing magic, stories of almost any kind, writing, taking over the world.
That's pretty good. Did you manage to turn off the subtitles or just select the times that none were being shown?

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thank you, Diputs. :)

Nope, didn't turn them off (I wish!). I tried to find a way to do that, even tried some subtitle removers (with terrible results I might add). I couldn't get rid of them, so I only used parts where no subtitles were shown.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Nice~

I merged your two topics because of the one topic-per-person in the Creative Section. When you want to add another video, which would be lovely (really enjoyed the other two), just edit your original post.

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Whoops, sorry about that, infractus!

Thank you for merging them. :)

General Reala

General Reala

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic, DN Angel, Pokemon, Naruto (pre Shippuden), Klonoa, Kirby, Harry Potter, Warrior Cats, Inu Yasha, Yu-Gi-Oh, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of the Abyss, Code Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Super Smash Brothers, Kid Icarus, General Hospital, The Legend of Spyro, Silverwing, Minecraft, Romeo X Juliet, Marble Hornets,
*faves* Those were quite enjoyable. I have to ask you if you ever watched the anime White Night True Light is from.
What program do you use. I've wanted to do something like this in the past, but movie maker discourages me.

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thank you very much, General Reala!

Yes, I have watched DNAngel. It was a favorite anime of mine at one time. :D

And actually, I do use Windows Movie Maker, but I use it in combination with VirtualDubMod (as well as a number of filters I have downloaded for it, and its built-in Avisynth script editor). First, I clip the videos in VirtualDub (and add effects with the filters if I need to do something with the clips that Movie Maker can't do), then I put each clip onto the storyboard/timeline in Movie Maker (along with the music) and use Movie Maker's effects/transitions when needed.

If you'd like, I can have a look around and see if I can find links to download the filters I've used with VirtualDubMod (it comes with some filters already, but several of the ones I use are third-party and didn't come with it).

Mayura

Mayura

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Great videos! I love the Dr. Horrible one =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users