Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello there, everyone!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Hello! I'm Piper24.

I'm new-- not only to this forum, but to the entire NiGHTS fanbase.

See, my friends and I went out looking for new video games to play and we happened to stumble upon NiGHTS Journey of Dreams, which none of us had heard of. We all agreed it looked interesting, so we bought it and played it. They didn't like it much ("This is it? Just flying through rings? The whole game? Seriously?"). They were disappointed-- I guess they were expecting an entirely different type of game.

But I liked it. A LOT.

They didn't get why I liked it so much, and I didn't get why they didn't like it ("Are you crazy? This is awesome!!"). But to each their own, I guess. They told me to go ahead and keep the game since I was the only one that liked it, so now it's all mine. =D

So, yeah. I only discovered NiGHTS about a week ago, even though I was six when NiGHTS Into Dreams came out and I know I would have loved it to death-- if only I had known about it. Or had a Saturn...

And although I still have no Saturn (and thus cannot play Nights Into Dreams-- though I did watch a Let's Play of it on YouTube and it looked amazing) I am happy to at least be able to play Journey of Dreams.

I think NiGHTS is a very unique and enchanting character, whose game series is equally unique and enchanting (not to mention addicting!).
I love everything about NiGHTS-- I just wish I had found out about it sooner!

In any case, I'm glad to be a part of this fanbase now. Better late than never! =)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hello and welcome :)

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Hello viperxmns! Thank you for the warm welcome. =)

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Drawing, Painting, but mostly Gaming. Big favs include Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, NiGHTS, Ristar, Klonoa, and just about everything Nintendo.
Hi there! Welcome to all the awesomeness that is NiGHTS! I certainly hope you do get a chance to say that you've played both games one day ^_^ And I also hope you enjoy the forums too, there are a lot of interesting and fun topics in this place :)

CROSSiNG

CROSSiNG

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Let's see: Making music, books, video games, oh yeah and NiGHTS.
Hello, and welcome to the awesomeness that is our forums. We're largely inactive right now as the OCRemix album NiGHTS: Lucid dreaming came out a few months ago. I suspect everyone has been basking in it's glory. Anyway, give that a check out (free good music!) and again, welcome to the forums.

Diputs

Diputs

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theorizing about either NiGHTS or the waking world, learning magic, showing magic, stories of almost any kind, writing, taking over the world.
Congradulations and welcome to the NiGHTS forums! Ever accidentally forget you couldn't fly and end up running around with your arms held out?

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Hi there! Welcome to all the awesomeness that is NiGHTS! I certainly hope you do get a chance to say that you've played both games one day ^_^ And I also hope you enjoy the forums too, there are a lot of interesting and fun topics in this place :)

Hello, Al-Di-La! I also hope I get to play the original someday. I have seen that many fans don't feel that Journey of Dreams was anywhere near as good as Nights Into Dreams; but I loved Journey of Dreams, so if that is true, then the original game must be incredible. =)

Hello, and welcome to the awesomeness that is our forums. We're largely inactive right now as the OCRemix album NiGHTS: Lucid dreaming came out a few months ago. I suspect everyone has been basking in it's glory. Anyway, give that a check out (free good music!) and again, welcome to the forums.

Thanks, CROSSiNG! I really like the music in NiGHTS, so I will definitely be sure to check that out.

Congradulations and welcome to the NiGHTS forums! Ever accidentally forget you couldn't fly and end up running around with your arms held out?

Hi Diputs! And haha, of course I have; haven't you? :P

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Drawing, Painting, but mostly Gaming. Big favs include Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, NiGHTS, Ristar, Klonoa, and just about everything Nintendo.
Yeah the original was much more dreamy seeming, but I do actually love JoD too, playing it was what inspired me to really really want the first one, as did these forums.

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
This community rocks, welcome! I'm sure you'll have loads of epic funz over here, we're all pretty cool people ; )

I hated JoD, having grown up with decent games, such as the actual NiGHTS game. To each their own, indeed.

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Hello Utter Magic! Thanks for the welcome. =)

Hm, I wonder what I might have thought of JoD if I had been able to compare it to NiD. Maybe one day I'll know.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Welcome! You're not late, we're always growing. :)

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thank you, Noctourne Wonderland!

Well, maybe I'm not late, but I still wish I had discovered NiGHTS sooner. I had no idea what I was missing!

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting
Welcome! Hopefully SEGA will announce a port soon. We should have a 'Never played NiD brigade' (like SSMB has a 'Didn't attend SoS brigade')
My family thought the same as your friends did when I showed them, my dad asking me "Why is that boy transparent?" and "Why is that Jester got his hand up that boy's backside?" (for the last boss, a dodgy shot)

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Hello iVYRAVE, thanks for the welcome. =)

I would be so happy if SEGA announced a port for NiD! If that doesn't happen, though, then maybe someday I will be able to get a Saturn and play the original.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Everytime I see someone mention Lucid Dreaming, I start to blush. Anyway, welcome to the community and enjoy your stay! We definitely have to be good at making our own fun around here, but most people who like NiGHTS are, naturally, very creative. So we definitely get by. :)

Piper24

Piper24

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks for the welcome, Level 99!

And also a big thanks to you and all of the others that put so much effort into Lucid Dreaming. All that hard work definitely shows! It's amazing. I have been listening to it constantly since I downloaded it. =)

SurREAL

SurREAL

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS!! And REALA!!! Plus: playing video games on Steam, writing fan fiction, fan art, fantasy/sci-fi, journal writing, anime, retrowave and 80s music, video game music, and robots/androids.
Hello Piper24, and welcome to the NiGHTS fandom :) I hope you have fun reading and writing at the forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users