Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Flying in dreams

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Diputs

Diputs

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theorizing about either NiGHTS or the waking world, learning magic, showing magic, stories of almost any kind, writing, taking over the world.
So, I've only had two flying dreams so far, but both were pretty neat. The first one happened before I played NiGHTS, about a year and a few months ago I think.
In it, Myself and my family were at our church, and there was a group of 'cultists' there, who claimed they could perform miracles. I noticed whenever they did something they always had a Wii Remote discreetly in hand, so I followed one outside and stole it(Yes, I'm evil in my dreams occasionally. It's a character flaw.). I found that among other things, you could point it in a direction and hold B to be pulled in that direction(MindSight, anyone?). I managed to get quite a bit of altitude before being spotted by the cultists, and in the attempt to get away from my pursuers I dropped the Wiimote... While I was still really high. Should have worn a wrist strap.
In my second one, which I had just this morning, there wasn't much of a setup or anything. I was walking at the start of my driveway, towards the road, and randomly jumped, only to find myself floating with only the faintest connection to gravity. I made it down 75% of the distance, and landed next to my mom, who apperently didn't notice I had just did that. I realized this was a dream and tried to show her. I turned around, backflipped into the air, and then turned sideways and wove back and forth between the trees that line the road. I landed in our side yard and woke up(my dreams are so short). This came at a really good time, because I've been feeling down lately and my spirts have been revived just thinking about it at little times in the day.
Has anyone else managed to get off the ground?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Once or twice, yeah.. in the one I remember most vividly I had a cape similar to Robin's in the Batman Animated series, lol. It wasn't for very long and it was an indoor space too. Still a wild feeling.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
On occasion when I get too excited about being in a lucid dream, the first thing I'll go try and do is fly... which usually goes horribly. Think it's because I get too excited and am not focused enough.
Other attempts, it ends up more like floating than flying. I have to find ways to propel myself through the air.

Diputs

Diputs

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theorizing about either NiGHTS or the waking world, learning magic, showing magic, stories of almost any kind, writing, taking over the world.

Once or twice, yeah.. in the one I remember most vividly I had a cape similar to Robin's in the Batman Animated series, lol. It wasn't for very long and it was an indoor space too. Still a wild feeling.

Sounds neat! How indoor was it, like a single room or gymnasium size area?

On occasion when I get too excited about being in a lucid dream, the first thing I'll go try and do is fly... which usually goes horribly. Think it's because I get too excited and am not focused enough.
Other attempts, it ends up more like floating than flying. I have to find ways to propel myself through the air.

The single greatest achievement for a NiGHTS fan is meeting NiGHTS, and right under that is flying, and those seem to be the hardest to do. In my dream I mentioned above, I kind of had two ways I kept up, maybe they'll help you: first of all, I didn't focus on thinking or observing, just on moving, kind of like when I'm dancing, I didn't preplan the route or try to do anything specific. Also for when I did need to turn or increase my speed, I would try to bounce off something. I don't know if that will help, but it's how I managed to start.

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting
I find flying in dreams to be the best thing to dream about, apart from a visit from NiGHTS. The last time I was able to fly was when I dreamt that I was on a school trip to New York (something I actually did with my old school, which I can say was a very unpleasant experience) but the airport was flooded. Suddenly through total randomness I started to fly around the airport and chased everybody who was going on the trip that I hated around the airport. it was good fun!

The single greatest achievement for a NiGHTS fan is meeting NiGHTS, and right under that is flying, and those seem to be the hardest to do.

I personally would say that was true, for the whole year I have been a NiGHTS fan it took a while for NiGHTS to start appearing but the ability to fly was gone on for years.

I would say that the easiest way to fly is train yourself to become a Lucid dreamer than wait for it to crop up.
There are always things online which will help you try to achieve this.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts

Sounds neat! How indoor was it, like a single room or gymnasium size area?

It was a hallway space, actually I think it was a semi-distorted version of my local mall.. and it had sort of dim lighting

The Exile

The Exile

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Flying is the first thing I try when I manage to go lucid as well. I can't fly properly, but I can jump really high and sort of propel myself at things, including stepping on thin air and jumping again. Its kind of like being Samus or maybe Sonic. I usually jump around the city, and jump on rooftops and lamp posts. I'm better at it when there are things to get momentum from.

I do it automatically in dreams, so its not just when I'm lucid. I pull off all sorts of weird violations of the laws of physics when running away from something chasing me.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Still haven't accomplished a lucid dream... Only dream I remember having where I was flying was when I found myself on a broomstick... Then again, it was going along a long line. :unsure: The thing ended up rolling over and I was upside down til I lost my grip and plummeted to the ground.
Lesson learned... "Brooms aren't made for flying".
Unless you're a witch I guess...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users