Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Topic of Rumination: What is Reala's Line?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I've always wondered, as I couldn't really decipher too well, what Reala says before you begin your battle with him. It sounds to me like something something NiGHTS, like "very well, NiGHTS", or something like that.. anyone have a guess?

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
alot of people think he says "there is no NiGHTS!" but we all think that its kinda odd he would say that. I never heard him say anything. Shows how slow I am XD

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

alot of people think he says "there is no NiGHTS!" but we all think that its kinda odd he would say that. I never heard him say anything. Shows how slow I am XD

.. Thats what I thought he says. xD

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
As far as I know, it's "There is no NiGHTS!". It sounds the most like it.

Why, though, is because (pure guess) Reala considers NiGHTS "no longer existing" because he betrayed Wizeman. Or something like that. Either that, or because Reala thinks he's about to destroy NiGHTS.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hehe yeah, it's the only line of dialogue in the whole game other than Claris' singing.. "there is no NiGHTS!" sounds pretty sinister.. I wonder if Sonic Team ever said anything on the subject?

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
We should ask them. Im sure there is a sonic team email address somewhere.

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
*listens to a gameplay clip of the Reala battle on YouTube*
*listens again*
*and again*
*again*

Sounds to me like he's saying "There is one NiGHTS!" No idea why he's saying that, though.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
"There is one NiGHTS" fits the audio too.. Hm..

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

Hehe yeah, it's the only line of dialogue in the whole game other than Claris' singing.. "there is no NiGHTS!" sounds pretty sinister.. I wonder if Sonic Team ever said anything on the subject?

Nuh-uh. Jackle says "Here we go, NiGHTS!"
So it's not the only line of dialogue.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

?! It's been a looong time since I heard that, then.. because I totally don't remember that. When does he say it?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?

?! It's been a looong time since I heard that, then.. because I totally don't remember that. When does he say it?

In the Sound Test...and at the beginning of the fight, I think.

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters & beasties, insects & spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams & nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
I always believed it to be "There is no NiGHTS!".
Mostly because I think Reala is trying to ruin the spirit of the dream; make the kid face reality( hence his name. All the other 'Maren have names pertaining to their abilities/looks/whatever, so it makes sense that he would follow the trend ). Basically remind them that this is all just a dream; it's not real, that NiGHTS doesn't exist, there is no NiGHTS. That sorta thing.

... I hope that made some shred of sense... @.@

As a side note, I always thought that Jackle snippet in the soundtest said "Give it up, NiGHTS!", myself. XD

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Yeah, what Avenrir said... I also see it as a way of saying "You might as well be dead to me, traitor". Of course, that might as well be me reading too much into things.

Speaking of Jackle, there's another snippet where it sounds like he's saying "Bloody maren!" XD I think it's the one that plays when you defeat him.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Personally, I've always thought it was "There is no NiGHTS". Standard threat that Reala is going to paraloop his purple ass out of exsitence.
Since Reala's line was recorded backwards, then they flipped the audio to make it sound like English, the uncertainty with the word 'No' is pretty understandable (Saying 'No' backwards is actually pronounced 'hone', like 'phone') and if too much emphasis is put on the 'e' at the end, it can sound like 'One'
Alternativly, they might have been trying to say "There is one NiGHTS" and made the same problem XD Thinking about the line from that perspective, it could be that Reala has replaced NiGHTS in the Nightmaren hierarchy and is implying that both of them cannot exist anymore.

I haven't heard any of Jackle's lines in a long time (aside from words in his song XD) so I can't analise them...

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
When using Action replay (lol again) on a boss battle with Reala with Infinite Time, I defeated Reala when the time ran out and Reala said - "NiGHTS, *mumbling which I can't make out*". Also Wizeman says "Oh Dear!" when hit, I think he may even say something else too when he is defeated.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Oooh~ Get a recording! XD

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

Oooh~ Get a recording! XD

I'll get on it now. Also, maybe Reala has an imaginary friend called Huan. Maybe Realas been so bored waiting for NiGHTS to fight him, he made Huan, and when NiGHTS did show up he said "There is Huan, NiGHTS!" As in Reala was introducing him to Huan. lol.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net

I'll get on it now. Also, maybe Reala has an imaginary friend called Huan. Maybe Realas been so bored waiting for NiGHTS to fight him, he made Huan, and when NiGHTS did show up he said "There is Huan, NiGHTS!" As in Reala was introducing him to Huan. lol.

Hah, yeah. That's why there's that pause when he says it. Mystery solved.

At the end, I always thought he said "NiGHTS...Brother...." like he was sorry or calling for help.

Also, I thought Wizeman said "Oh ****!" Cause he's gangsta like that.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Hah, yeah. That's why there's that pause when he says it. Mystery solved.

At the end, I always thought he said "NiGHTS...Brother...." like he was sorry or calling for help.

Also, I thought Wizeman said "Oh ****!" Cause he's gangsta like that.

Hehe my friend said the same thing about Wizeman.

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.

Also Wizeman says "Oh Dear!" when hit

This amuses me far too much XD

A slight bit Off Topic, but am I the only one hearing one of the random kids saying "Shut up!" in the background of "Gate of your dream"?

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net

This amuses me far too much XD

A slight bit Off Topic, but am I the only one hearing one of the random kids saying "Shut up!" in the background of "Gate of your dream"?

Yeah, I think that' suppose to be there. I also here things like "Hello?" "Mom!" "*quack quack*" and stuff.

Lavos

Lavos

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

I agree. That's something I factored into my fanfiction.

And while we're on that subject, my sister hears the line "Run away!" a few times in Growing Wings. I think she's insane <.<

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
yeah ive heard that stuff in the menu song too. Ive heard "shut up!" and "hello? helloooooo?" and other things. and random whispers.

PurpleKOGA

PurpleKOGA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Of course, I am a big fan of NiGHTS and I like SEGA in general too. I also like net surfing, anime/manga and I wish to create my own graphic novel sometime.
He is saying ''There is no NiGHTS!'' but he makes unnecessary pauses during the sentences and it sounds a bit broken up, His odd voice doesn't help that much either. It's a bit like: ''There is no..NiGHTS!'' and he stresses the ''i'' in NiGHTS. Still sound cool to me though.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I listened to that fight at least 7 times and I believe that it's "There is no NiGHTS!"

Aw, don't be mad Reala. :(

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

*listens to a gameplay clip of the Reala battle on YouTube*
*listens again*
*and again*
*again*

Sounds to me like he's saying "There is one NiGHTS!" No idea why he's saying that, though.

I always thought that too.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
This topic should be a poll! XD
Do people think he's saying 'There is no NiGHTS' or is he saying 'There is one NiGHTS'? XD

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
true. maybe we should play it backwards?

Puchinri

Puchinri

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Manga/anime. And some comics.<br />Purikura and some photography.<br />Music.<br />Video games.<br />Collecting. [Cute things in particular]<br />Writing letters, stories and drawing.<br />General chit-chat.
To me it distinctly sounds like "there is one NiGHTS", but it also sounds slightly close to "there is no NiGHTS", but more of the former.
And Wizeman does say "oh dear".

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I always wondered what Jackle said. XD

I wonder what Puffy says? O-o

Wrenreele

Wrenreele

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stars. Chickens.

Also Wizeman says "Oh Dear!" when hit, I think he may even say something else too when he is defeated.[/color]

It sounds like he says "So be it" it me.

Wrenreele

Wrenreele

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stars. Chickens.
To me, when you beat Jackle, it sounds something like "It's over, I lost" Or something similar.
It sounds like Reala says "Oh, great" or "Oh, brother" when beat
And When Hit Wizeman sounds like he says "So be it."
Puffy doesn't sound like she say's anything, and I haven't checked out Gillwing or Gulpo.

Clawz says "merow!" ....
But that one is really debateable. =D

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

To me, when you beat Jackle, it sounds something like "It's over, I lost" Or something similar.
It sounds like Reala says "Oh, great" or "Oh, brother" when beat
And When Hit Wizeman sounds like he says "So be it."
Puffy doesn't sound like she say's anything, and I haven't checked out Gillwing or Gulpo.

Clawz says "merow!" ....
But that one is really debateable. =D

Maybe we could see if she says something if someone messes with a soundclip?
O-o

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Sounds like he says: There is none, NiGHTS

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Can someone record that? I have never heard him say that.

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

true. maybe we should play it backwards?

And maybe hear something along the lines of 'I want your soul'? :)

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Can someone record that? I have never heard him say that.

Oi, I have it. Recorded it back in November when I wasn't sure what he was saying :)! Let me find it.....

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
I'm personally amazed that so far no one has even mentioned the fact that it's a Japanese game, with Japanese vocalists. Reala pronounces NiGHTS' name "Naits~," as in a contracted version of the original Japanese pronunciation "Naitsu," so I don't see why we're just assuming that it's in English.

EDiT: because I used HTML tags instead of UBB again. -.-

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

I'm personally amazed that so far <i>no one</i> has even mentioned the fact that it's a Japanese game, with Japanese vocalists. Reala pronounces NiGHTS' name "Naits~," as in a contracted version of the original Japanese pronunciation "Naitsu," so I don't see why we're just assuming that it's in English.

Well, it sounds more like english than anything. And, I'm sure the Japanese dialogue sounds quite some bit different. So... yeah.

As for NiGHTS sounding like NAiTSU when Reala speaks, I'm sure that's just the way it came out/was recorded, imo.

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
I'm not so sure. Besides, why wouldn't they just keep the original voices? It's not like we'd be able to tell that much of a difference, considering the fact that it's a dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users