Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

My theory on NiGHTS, the kids, and Dreams Dreams

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guest_madison-chan_*

Guest_madison-chan_*
  • Guests
I was thinking about Dreams Dreams and how it it fit into NiD, and i realized that it must mean that part of saving Nightopia is falling in love with the other dreamer.
Before you all say, "What?" please understand my reasionnig.
Yuji Naka himself has said many times before that Claris and Elliot are meant to represent Animus and Amina. The purpose of the two kids is to help NiGHTS save the dream world, which plays directly into Freud's and Holtz's desciption of the subconcious level of dreaming. And since in the end cutscene E & C are seen meeting each other, and the fact that one of the end credit pictures shows them talking to each other, i think it's safe to say that they like each other quite alot.
The actual lyrics of Dreams Dreams tell about how the kids save Nightopia. Just look at these lyrics:
Keep the dream.

(Keep the dream)

Of the one you're hoping for
Love can come through an open door.
Just be strong.

(Just be strong)

And you're sure to find the one,
the one, the one, the one.

E & C have to work together in order to defeat Wizeman. They both dualize as NiGHTS. In this way, they are "keeping the dream" and "being strong."

So, do you guys agree with on this? Or do i just sound like a crazy Dreams Dreams fan rambling? ^_^

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:ANIME, VIDEO GAMES, MANGA. READING. NIGHTS.

I was thinking about Dreams Dreams and how it it fit into NiD, and i realized that it must mean that part of saving Nightopia is falling in love with the other dreamer.
Before you all say, "What?" please understand my reasionnig.
Yuji Naka himself has said many times before that Claris and Elliot are meant to represent Animus and Amina. The purpose of the two kids is to help NiGHTS save the dream world, which plays directly into Freud's and Holtz's desciption of the subconcious level of dreaming. And since in the end cutscene E & C are seen meeting each other, and the fact that one of the end credit pictures shows them talking to each other, i think it's safe to say that they like each other quite alot.
The actual lyrics of Dreams Dreams tell about how the kids save Nightopia. Just look at these lyrics:
Keep the dream.

(Keep the dream)

Of the one you're hoping for
Love can come through an open door.
Just be strong.

(Just be strong)

And you're sure to find the one,
the one, the one, the one.

E & C have to work together in order to defeat Wizeman. They both dualize as NiGHTS. In this way, they are "keeping the dream" and "being strong."

So, do you guys agree with on this? Or do i just sound like a crazy Dreams Dreams fan rambling? :angry:

I Agree.. It's the Song of LOVE & DREAMS. XD. Same With Will & Helen. Obvious They Will End Up Together.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I always figured the song was about Elliot and Claris's friendship as well. At first it seems odd that a game about dreams would actually have a love song as it's ending theme but upon quick analysis it makes sense.

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I always figured the song was about Elliot and Claris's friendship as well. At first it seems odd that a game about dreams would actually have a love song as it's ending theme but upon quick analysis it makes sense.

Exactly What I Was Getting at With Will & Helen.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Exactly What I Was Getting at With Will & Helen.

There's nothing wrong with believing Will and Helen found love through each other but to me it seemed more like they had become close friends rather than agreeing to a deep relationship.

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

There's nothing wrong with believing Will and Helen found love through each other but to me it seemed more like they had become close friends rather than agreeing to a deep relationship.

Exactly my Point. Usually Close Friends Date and Become More Than Friends. Right Guys?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users