Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Very random Action Replay fun.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
HAY GUYZ. I was mucking about on action replay as usual, and I came across level modifiers for both Christmas NiGHTS and normal NiGHTS, so I tryed them all... now because I suck at explaining i'll put weird stuff in a list, i'm going to make another video for youtube for you all to see the randomness.

First part : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auU74tlueHs

Second part:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqDSBMHVWe0

Weirdness.

1) - NiGHTS on the character select screen.

This is basically what is says. But NiGHTS is in the standing position like when you do Link attack or Time attack on Christmas NiGHTS, you can move him about also, he stays standing but flys about. Also here you can get a nice closeup of NiGHTS model, I even just found out that he has a strange pattern on his eyes, they kinda look like flower petals.

2) - NiGHTS as Elliot or Claris at the start of the level.

When you put a level modifier on, say Splash Garden for instance. The first time around you start normally, but being the level modifier on Splash Garden, when you complete the level (and NiGHTS is flying up) NiGHTS will start looking left and right as Claris and Elliot do when you choose a level with them, he then drops down into the level and you can fly about for at least 2-3 seconds, until he is horribly raped by the minions stealing the Ideya. He then gets stuck on the floor as if he is lying down in a driving-a-car position, you cannot move him from then on. If the time runs out, you turn back into Elliot and you need to get the next Ideya and so on.

3) - Elliot in Claris's levels and vice versa.

Using the level modifier, you can choose any character to go into any level say, Elliot in Soft Museum, it's just Elliot with Claris's voice, you only play as him untill you merge with NiGHTS. Then you become Claris for the rest of the level. And Vice versa.

4) - Two Elliots/Claris' in Twin Seeds.

For Two Elliots or Claris's's's's, say Elliot for instance, you must play Claris's's's version of Twin Seeds, because at the end * spoilers * when Elliot are breaking the barrier, Claris will come along and help. But at the Character select screen you must choose Claris... So it's: Choose Claris on Elliots Twin seeds stage. *I've confused myself*

5) - Upside down Claris/Elliot

For this to happen, you need to put the level modifier on Twin seeds (Either one) and complete it once, thus making the level start again. But at the beginning, Claris/Elliot will be stuck grabbing a balloon infront of the Ideya palace, you can pop it and attempt to fly away before Wizeman knocks you back. When Wizeman does so, you land on the platform upside down, you can run around and jump, (holding the jump button make a dash trail appear) when you jump off the edge you also come flying back up a bit bent. Then it goes back to normal.

6) - Infinite boss fights.

You must put the level modifier on a boss stage. When you beat the boss, you can see a replay of it, like when you do a level and complete it, but NiGHTS will not do what you did, NiGHTS will just stand on the floor, being hit etc (Puffys funny, she bounces into NiGHTS and he grabs and spins forever) and you can Restart the boss or go back to the main screen.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Woah. I wish I could get my saturn to work now :) and i wish i had an action replay. that sounds hilarious, good finds there bud.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
That's weird! I'll have to see if my action replay will do that. XD

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Oooh, those are really weird! Strange pattern on his eyes? Do you have a picture or anything, I'm curious now! XD

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

Oooh, those are really weird! Strange pattern on his eyes? Do you have a picture or anything, I'm curious now! XD

I'll try to get a good shot of it.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Hmm... I need to try this out now XD. My Action Replay was acting up on me BIG TIME O.o. Time to go put it back in XP.

I do vaguely remember doing/seeing some of the stuff you talked about in there way back in '96/'97. I remember seeing NiGHTS on the level select, and such.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

Hmm... I need to try this out now XD. My Action Replay was acting up on me BIG TIME O.o. Time to go put it back in XP.

I do vaguely remember doing/seeing some of the stuff you talked about in there way back in '96/'97. I remember seeing NiGHTS on the level select, and such.

Oh cool! I am about to do the video, but I still havn't checked out Christmas NiGHTS level modifiers. i've been up all night, and i'm very very very hyper, i'm giggling at everything.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Oh cool! I am about to do the video, but I still havn't checked out Christmas NiGHTS level modifiers. i've been up all night, and i'm very very very hyper, i'm giggling at everything.

XDDD I'll see if I can try Christmas NiGHTS too. I'm iffy about it though, mostly because I don't wanna mess up my saves >>!

Yay, 100th post :)!

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Windows movie maker sucks ass, I just made the 9 min long video and it only saved half of it, I only have NiGHTS on the character select screen and Reala stuffs. I'll do the rest later. GOODNIGHT AT 6:50PM! I SHALL RETURN! Mauhauhauhaha!!!*cough*

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
lol its ok mathew. also, congrats NNR07!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

lol its ok mathew. also, congrats NNR07!

Thanks Huruyami ^_^!

Dangit. Oh well. Can't wait to see the video ^-^!

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
me too! but then again the evil dial-up of doom will probably prohibit it ^_^

PurpleKOGA

PurpleKOGA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Of course, I am a big fan of NiGHTS and I like SEGA in general too. I also like net surfing, anime/manga and I wish to create my own graphic novel sometime.
I've watched you video and I couldn't help but laugh my head of at NiGHTS flying aroun the Character Select screen, I mean, Does he want a career in show stealing? He's like: ''Weeeee! I'm so brilliant! wheeeee! Get outta ma way Elliot! Weee!''

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.

Does he want a career in show stealing?

You kidding? This entire fanbase proves that he already does! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users