Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Amazing Sonic 2 HD Fan Game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
http://sonicresearch.../sonicfanremix/

I HIGHLY encourage you to download and try out the demo. I played it and not only is it absolutely gorgeous, but the controls felt PERFECT. This is the game that had screenshots circulating a little bit before Sonic 4 was released:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just played it on max resolution on my computer, played with a 360 controller. It was like being a kid again. So please, try it out, spread the word, and hope that it comes out before Sega brings down the hammer on these two amazing independent programmers. Or, if Sega were smart, they would HIRE THEM! ^_^

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I saw some vids of this. Damn good looking update, especially for a fan project.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
Just saw the article on Kotaku, it looks amazing for a fan game. Gotta try the demo soon.

APSJ

APSJ

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Just saw the article on Kotaku, it looks amazing for a fan game. Gotta try the demo soon.

It doesn't look amazing for a fan game. It looks amazing period. It's embarrassing that two guys outdid two teams of developers at Sega.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
My computer isn't strong enough for this game. I just get a pink screen whenever I go to play it. I knew my PC wouldn't run it from the very beginning but I still downloaded it because it deserved to be downloaded.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
SEGA are going to shut this down because this game is totally shitting on Sonic 4.

It's awesome. The momentum and every physic in the game just works. And it's more beautiful than Sonic 4, which ...is really surprising me actually. I can't believe fans made this. SEGA should cut from using Dimps all the bloody time and get these guys in.

One complaint is there are waaaay too many badniks and it gets difficult to see them after a while because the scenary will blend with their shade, but that's hardly a complaint when the game plays and looks this good.

Levs, how did you get a controller to work for this? I plugged in a Xbox and a PC game controller but neither one would work. I had to use the keyboard, which is a bit awkward.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
I can't even get the download link for this.
Well, that's kinda upsetting.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

I saw some vids of this. Damn good looking update, especially for a fan project.

Yes it is, indeed! And it has been a long time since we spoke, sir! How are you?

SEGA are going to shut this down because this game is totally shitting on Sonic 4.

It's awesome. The momentum and every physic in the game just works. And it's more beautiful than Sonic 4, which ...is really surprising me actually. I can't believe fans made this. SEGA should cut from using Dimps all the bloody time and get these guys in.

One complaint is there are waaaay too many badniks and it gets difficult to see them after a while because the scenary will blend with their shade, but that's hardly a complaint when the game plays and looks this good.

Levs, how did you get a controller to work for this? I plugged in a Xbox and a PC game controller but neither one would work. I had to use the keyboard, which is a bit awkward.

You've used the 360 controller on your computer before, right? Just making sure, cause the driver's gotta be installed. Make sure to have the controller plugged in before you start the game. Also, when you start it up, there's a tab at the config screen for the controllers. Check it, as it should have some default controls set up. It's kinda weird: the right thumb stick BUTTON is start (press it in), and B is one of the few face buttons that does jump/spin. The left thumb stick does the controls. Haven't tried a regular pc game controller myself, and there's a way to change the config but I haven't really tweaked it yet.

But yeah, the physics was the most reassuring thing ever. It actually felt like the old sonic, gussied up in a brand new Armani suit.

I can't even get the download link for this.
Well, that's kinda upsetting.

There's a direct link and a torrent link. If you're still having trouble, I can upload a temporary mirror for you between tonight and tomorrow.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
They don't seem to say the OS'es the game runs on.. I need to know if it'll work on a Mac..

Edit: There seems to be a Mac version..

Spirit

Spirit

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:games,art,learning,storys
wow i want to play this more then the sonic 4 sega released.I wasent even intrested in touching sonic 4,but this fan remake,makes me want to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users