Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anime Boston 2011

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Since having topics in advance usually means bigger NiD.com meetups (*nods at Anime Detour*), I decided to start a thread. Anime Boston is a convention held in Boston, Masssachusetts, from Friday, April 22nd through Sunday, April 24th. The convention center is really lovely, and there were people from Asia, Autralia, Europe, Canada, you name it. We had a mini meet up (mainly by chance, lol) last year, and to have a bigger one would be great! :D

For more information, here's the official site: http://www.animebost.../location/index

UPDATE: Pre-Registration time! http://www.animebost...m/registration/ :) It's best to plan early; I was lucky to get things together less than two weeks before the con last year.

Discuss! :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
New York's anime con is in October.. http://www.newyorkco.../NYAF/Overview/

A con with a weapons policy, lol

Oddly I haven't been yet (done NYCC and Big Apple Con) but in any case I'd be able to do Sunday

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I *MIGHT* be able to go to both of these. A friend of mine who lives in Westchester wants me to come down to NY Anime Fest. And the fact that Puffy AmiYumi is performing makes it that much more enticing.

Anime Boston looks like a fun place, though I've never been. I technically can make the drive there in one day, but I would be too exhausted to catch night-activities afterwards. But I have a friend who lives in MA who might put me up for a couple nights. And if we all meet up on Saturday, it should be rockin' awesome!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I *MIGHT* be able to go to both of these. A friend of mine who lives in Westchester wants me to come down to NY Anime Fest. And the fact that Puffy AmiYumi is performing makes it that much more enticing.

Very enticing...

Anime Boston looks like a fun place, though I've never been. I technically can make the drive there in one day, but I would be too exhausted to catch night-activities afterwards. But I have a friend who lives in MA who might put me up for a couple nights. And if we all meet up on Saturday, it should be rockin' awesome!

When I went, I didn't go to any of the night activities, but still had a good time. :) The only official one are a formal dance and I think DiENE said something about a rave? Overall things closed up around 10pm last time, except for a few hentai pannels. A saturday meetup would be totally rockin' awesome. Fun story: we had to meetup spot, so we all managed to find each other purely by chance. Planning this time would be good.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
News update from the website:

Anime Boston will be at Animadness on Saturday September 18th from 1:00 to 5:00 PM. During the event, sales tax will be waived on all purchases!

In October, we will be at Another Anime Convention in Nashua, NH on October 15-17th during the dealer room's hours.

The following Saturday October 23rd we will be at Comicopia from 1:00 to 5:00 PM. Comicopia is offering a 10% discount on all manga during the event, with a special 20% off manga sale for customers in cosplay!

Pre-registration will be $40 at all the above events. Payment methods accepted are cash, check, or money order.

EternalFluffy

EternalFluffy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:writing, playing games, reading manga, weirdo dance-acting, lurking online...
=D I'm happy to see this topic coming up earlier, so we have a greater chance of gathering more NiGHTS fans. There's nothing I'd rather see than a big NiGHTS fan group meeting! =DD Sadly, I'm not sure if I can make it this year for financial reasons. =( But I'm going to try my hardest!

Anime Boston is awesome, people! Come join us! XD

And, Noctourne, you can feel free to post our pics. =)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Thanks, Eternal! Here's the whole crew:

Posted Image

And some Nightmaren sibling rivalry:

Posted Image

I wish I had gotten more pictures of the convention center, but meetup photos are exciting enough, right? :D

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
UPDATE: Pre-Registration is up! http://www.animebost...m/registration/

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
My sister and I might be able to come if I don't have to go out of town for a seminar that weekend. So, here's hoping!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
That's great, Dark Magician! Were you there last year?

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.

That's great, Dark Magician! Were you there last year?

Yeah, I was there as Kisuke Urahara and L. XD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
We're only a few months away, so I just wanted to ask again if anyone's planning on going, or thinking about it. The website has more information here: http://www.animeboston.com/

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
I wish I could ;_; I was just in Boston last weekend for another con, and my funds are going to be tapped due to Nerdapalooza/Otakon later this year. I will be there in spirit, creepily looking over you all. Super-creepily :unsure:

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I wish I could ;_; I was just in Boston last weekend for another con, and my funds are going to be tapped due to Nerdapalooza/Otakon later this year. I will be there in spirit, creepily looking over you all. Super-creepily :unsure:

There was a con in Boston last weekend?

EternalFluffy

EternalFluffy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:writing, playing games, reading manga, weirdo dance-acting, lurking online...
*hasn't been here in forever, I know*

Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know that I'm coming again this year! =D ...Dunno when I'm going to have time on Saturday to meet up, though, since I suddenly have 3 1/2 cosplays and I want to make it to two photoshoots on the same day. @.@ But I'll *probably* be Reala for the rest of the day after 4:00.

The schedule is now up on the website, too, so go check it out! (though of course, some things are subject to change).

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

*hasn't been here in forever, I know*

Just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know that I'm coming again this year! =D ...Dunno when I'm going to have time on Saturday to meet up, though, since I suddenly have 3 1/2 cosplays and I want to make it to two photoshoots on the same day. @.@ But I'll *probably* be Reala for the rest of the day after 4:00.

The schedule is now up on the website, too, so go check it out! (though of course, some things are subject to change).

Yay! I can't wait to see you again; I was just thinking about how much fun last year was. :)

3 1/2 cosplays?! I'm impressed! I've only got one this year (though I quite like it), and I won't be able to do NiGHTS, because my poor cosplay only barely survived. If we happen to run into each other, I'll be dressed like this:

Posted Image

See you there! Hopefully we can arrange something by the time the con rolls around. :)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

There was a con in Boston last weekend?

I was at PAXEast, dude. ALSO! We need to get back onto JoD riffing, finish the series soon.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I was at PAXEast, dude. ALSO! We need to get back onto JoD riffing, finish the series soon.

Guess who didn't know PAXEast existed until this year? Yes, I live under a rock. <__<

I'm all for more JoD riffing; in fact, I was just thinking about it the other day.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Pre-reg is up for 2012! Anyone else going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users