Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sega Saturn mp3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Sega Saturn mp3 (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you listen to Sega Saturn game soundtracks?

1. Yes everywhere I could (8 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. Only in game/the Satuns player (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. No thats silly (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Did anyone ever used to throw a Sega Saturn game into their cd player and literally listen to the soundtracks? I thought it was the coolest thing that all the songs were mp3 format. When NiGHTS came out I literally popped it into my moms player and it had these huge speakers, and as she was cleaning I would be bouncing on the couch/bed to it (I got so pumped every time) el oh el oh el. Eventually I used to listen to them on my way to school it was funny having a video game in there to others.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Yes, but even more so with Sega CD games, which pretty much always had playable redbook soundtracks. I remember burning the music off of the the Sega CD version of Ecco for a friend, when I was an undergrad. A lot of Saturn games don't work in CD players, but I still loved doing it whenever I could.

BTW, I'm pretty positive that the music format is not MP3. MP3 is a compressed format that doesn't play in a typical CD player, normal CDs are uncompressed ("redbook" audio).

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Yeah I wasn't too sure I just figured people would know what I meant XD but thanks for the info. I also didn't know Sega CD games did that even though it makes perfect sence now, I never owned one. I want to get Sonic CD and listen to that now, so good! XD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
When the saturn first game out, I still had cartiridges in my game system. Suffice to say, N64 games don't play in a CD player. :D Now, with things like the NiD perfect soundtrack, I just don't need to pop in the original game disc. I should sometime, though...:)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I have a pretty messed up story on this very thing. It all started back in the early 2000s when I had first played Christmas NiGHTS. The gameplay struck me but it was adult version of "Dreams Dreams" that really left an impression on me. I remember the night after I played the game. I kept singing the chorus over and over again. I couldn't get this song out of my head and I didn't want it out. Sadly, I wouldn't be able to hear it again since I didn't have a Saturn. For years I had searched for the adult version of the song, hoping to finally be able to sing it in its entirety. I printed out lyrics but it never sounded right when I tried singing. I had finally found the song online after maybe two years or so of searching for it. However, just listening to it wasn't enough for me. I needed to download it. I needed to be able to burn it to a CD and listen to it whenever I wished.

Soon, in some way that I can't remember, I learned that you could put NiGHTS into Dreams into a CD player and listen to the music. I figured that if I could do that then I could also rip the songs from the NiGHTS disc onto my computer. The only problem was that I didn't have a NiGHTS disc but I did know where to get one. My cousin, the biggest gaming guy I know, had literally dozens of games spanning nearly all 90's consoles and one of them just so happened to be NiGHTS. While he was away at college I "borrowed" the game without his knowledge and using it to rip the music tracks from the disc. When he came back home he called and asked if I took NiGHTS. I told him no at first but then he called back to make sure I wasn't lying and I finally spilled the beans. That's when our trust was broken and still, to this day, I know he sees me as a thief.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
Aww doesn't sound like a happy ending :) ...but at least you got your tracks lol I had so much fun with those songs, air guitaring to "E-LE-KI Sparkle" XD and as I mentioned jumping on the bed/couch, befitting to "She Had Long Ears"

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I was like 'OMG' when I found out what happened when I put NiD into my computer. I hated that I couldn't listen to level music. Guardian Heroes and Sonic 3D Blast are two games that have the complete soundtrack on the CD, so awesome.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
GUARDIAN HEROES like an all time fav of mine! Advanced was an eyesore :lol: but amazingly composed tracks indeed, gets you ready for those brawls.

MrMetalloidMan

MrMetalloidMan

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I put my Sonic 3D Blast disc on my Playstation 3. The music goes well with Sonic 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users