Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Melody Box

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
One of the coolest parts of NiGHTS into Dreams is the fact that the music changes depending on the moods of your Nightopians.

As many of you know, in the Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams sampler you can unlock the Melody Box as one of the presents, and it lets you remix all of the music tracks however you`d like.

Every track has a number of different sections (up to 7) and every section can be one of 4 moods (Cheering, Happy, Content, and Angry) providing a massive number of remixes.

Today I decided to record each of the 4 moods for each track and uploaded them to Youtube. Of course I only did the 4 moods because there are thousands of combinations and it would take to long to do all of them! ^_^

Check out my playlist here if you want to listen to each of them.

I`m pretty sure these tracks are already posted on this site somewhere as it used to be downloadable on the old site. This guy`s website was the first to do the recordings years ago.

If you have the time you should try listening to all of the remixes. It`s pretty incredible how many different versions of the same song were included in the game and that was 14 years ago!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Wow! this will give me something to listen to whilst drawing after work XD I'm skimming threw them now and I'm digging the songs, its nice to have all set up in a playlist form, great job!

PS I was actually watching your videos specifically on youtube yesterday (I recognized the name), you play extremely well XD

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Yeah, I saw that! Good work, man. Once I realized what you were doing, I booted up my copy of CNiD and started messing with Melody Box too. :D

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Yeah it is crazy how many tracks they made. Sonic Team really poured their heart and soul into NiGHTS.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
It's amazing that not only is this from a 14 year old game, but it's an old game for that Saturn, a system basically doomed from the start.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Saturn was an amazing system with some wonderful games made for it. I really wish I had a bigger library of them.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Oh man, I haven't done this with my copy of CNiD yet, I hope the scratch doesn't prevent it from working. Though I otherwise enjoy the alternates via the Perfect Album, and of course playing NiD.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Couldn't you take your copy to your local game or video rental store and just have them buff the disc for you?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Couldn't you take your copy to your local game or video rental store and just have them buff the disc for you?

Already did (just so happens the girl at Game Crazy I took it to was a NiGHTS fan); when I got the copy I couldn't play it beyond the intro (you could imagine my reaction to this). Now the game mosty runs ok, just some menu stuff and extras don't entirely run properly. At least I got half what I paid refunded, so it ended up being $15 (it was listed as a 'like new' copy).

acidbearboy

acidbearboy

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This was my favourite present from the original Xmas Nights. Does anybody know if it's available in the PS2 remake of Nights?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

This was my favourite present from the original Xmas Nights. Does anybody know if it's available in the PS2 remake of Nights?

I don't think the PS2 Christmas NiGHTS has any of the presents and things from the original Saturn Christmas NiGHTS. I don't recall ever seeing it.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

I don't think the PS2 Christmas NiGHTS has any of the presents and things from the original Saturn Christmas NiGHTS. I don't recall ever seeing it.

Correct, they did not include it in the ps2 remake :P

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Yeah it is crazy how many tracks they made. Sonic Team really poured their heart and soul into NiGHTS.

Sorry to break your heart a little bit, but it's very likely that they just made the bits individually, and programmed the game so that it only played that part of the track at that part of the song depending on how the A-Life was doing. It would be almost impossible to store all the tracks for each combination on a CD! XO

Edit: Unless you MEANT the individual sections. In that case, carry on. XO

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Sorry to break your heart a little bit, but it's very likely that they just made the bits individually, and programmed the game so that it only played that part of the track at that part of the song depending on how the A-Life was doing. It would be almost impossible to store all the tracks for each combination on a CD! XO

True, they would have only created each section and then programmed the game to play them one after another depending on the a-life, but that is still a lot of tracks to create. Each level can have close to 28 different tracks (7 sections x 4 moods).

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
They really did go to work with the idea there. When you take in to account just what Yuji Naka and his team were trying to do, for 1996 this was seriously ahead of it's time in terms of concept.

I honestly can't think of any other game during that era that tried to do something like this to that scale. Though correct me if you know of something that does.

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
No, that sounds about dead on, DiGi. As far as I can tell, the only games in this generation that tried to make any serious leaps in audio technology in games were this and Super Mario 64's Dry Dry Docks (the music shifting tone depending on what area of the map you were in was seriously badass). Can anybody think of any examples of any early video game musical awesomeness? (From a technical standpoint, not a musical.)

The Sleeping Pian

The Sleeping Pian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:cows, music, Sonic, NiGHTS, nature, art, fun! :P
The NID:Perfect Album is actually the product of all of those moods in order. That's what spawned the "complete versions".
you shouldm check em out on youtube.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users