Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Theme of a Tragedic Revenge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: A Tragedic Misprint (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick a Pronounciation:

1. tra-GE-dic (10 votes [34.48%])

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

2. TRA-ge-dic (Like "tragedy") (10 votes [34.48%])

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

3. Tragic (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

4. Other (Pease specify) (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
NiGHTS and Reala has a variation called "Theme of a Tragedic Revenge." The word should be "tragic," but it's not. So, just for fun, how do YOU pronounce it? :P

I've always seen it as "tra-GE-dic," but "TRA-ge-dic" makes more sense...

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I think of it as like tragedy so TRA-ge-dic gets my vote.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. I guess I've always thought 'tragEdic' also. I'm good at pronouncing things in NiGHTS wrong, lol. I always said 'Real-uh', Eye-dee-ya', etc.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I was also in "Club Real-uh/Idea."

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I voted tragic because I NEVER NOTICED THAT until now...XD! I always said tragic, I'm dyslexic and glance words alot.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
That's three for team Eye-dee-ya

I voted tragic because I NEVER NOTICED THAT until now...XD! I always said tragic, I'm dyslexic and glance words alot.

^_^

Ozcrash

Ozcrash

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Tragedic actually is tragic, because tragic tranlates "trajedik" in my language turkish. :D No idea why sonic team wrote it like that.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Tragedic actually is tragic, because tragic tranlates "trajedik" in my language turkish. :D No idea why sonic team wrote it like that.

That's fascinating! Thanks. :D

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

That's three for team Eye-dee-ya

:(

Yeah and from an old thread a while back I may have been the only one who pronounced Reala "rell-ah" I still do :x

Edit: and it should always be EYE-DEE-YA because I can't stand hearing "idiot" in a forced accent x_x

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I feel like if I actually thought about it before saying it, I would say "Tra-GEE-ic". But I don't thing. I just speak. And it comes out "Tragic".

4 for Team EYE-DEE-YA! I still say it like that just because I hate saying it like "Idiot".

...although I did say Reala's name like "reality"... if that can be considered wrong.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
When it comes to this song, I'm a gutless flip-flopper.

If I'm typing it, I spell it 'Theme of a Tragedic Revenge'. However, when I say it, I either say 'Tragic' or tra-JEH-dic.

EDIT: Also, since I'd never heard of the Ideya before JoD*I was oblivious to NiGHTS's existence outside of SADX* I pronounced it Ih-dee-yah. I also pronunce Reala's name differently. When referring to JoD, I say, Ree-ah-la or Ree-aw-la. When referring to NiD, I say Ree-lah or Rae-lah.

Eivana

Eivana

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Hello, my name is Eivana. I have a lot of interests, probably way too many to post right now. I am currently learning French, so if you speak to me you'll probably hear me throw out some random French words just to get the practice in. I love video games, some being Tomb Raider, Sonic the Hedgehog, King of Fighters, Pokemon and Digimon.<br /><br />I love to talk to people and get to know them. If you want to talk to be, don't be shy. I love making new friends.
I meant to choose the second one, but I chose the first. Ugh.

But honestly, to make it simple and to keep from feeling stupid, I just say tragic. It's much easier. And people don't look at you like you skipped one too many days of language classes.

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting
I've only just noticed that it's spelt like that, I've always thought it was 'Theme of a Tragic Revenge' was that a mistake? or is Tragedic a real word?

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
I believe it is not a real word. Can't find a definition and it shows as a spelling error.

I've always said traGEdic.

The Sleeping Pian

The Sleeping Pian

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:cows, music, Sonic, NiGHTS, nature, art, fun! :P

I feel like if I actually thought about it before saying it, I would say "Tra-GEE-ic". But I don't thing. I just speak. And it comes out "Tragic".

4 for Team EYE-DEE-YA! I still say it like that just because I hate saying it like "Idiot".

...although I did say Reala's name like "reality"... if that can be considered wrong.

i'm sorry but "reality" is just out of nowhere :P

CortexReaver

CortexReaver

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, history of computing, philosophy, design, music.
For me it's TRA-ge-dic. Weird typo, why did they leave it for JoD soundtrack?

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
Many words are invented for video-games/movies/.... it's just how it is, it's not really a typo.

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Drawing, Painting, but mostly Gaming. Big favs include Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, NiGHTS, Ristar, Klonoa, and just about everything Nintendo.

When it comes to this song, I'm a gutless flip-flopper.

If I'm typing it, I spell it 'Theme of a Tragedic Revenge'. However, when I say it, I either say 'Tragic' or tra-JEH-dic.

EDIT: Also, since I'd never heard of the Ideya before JoD*I was oblivious to NiGHTS's existence outside of SADX* I pronounced it Ih-dee-yah. I also pronunce Reala's name differently. When referring to JoD, I say, Ree-ah-la or Ree-aw-la. When referring to NiD, I say Ree-lah or Rae-lah.

This. This is what I do for 'Tragedic' but it seems like I must be the only stooge who thought Ideya was pronounced 'I-day-uh' XD (Don't know why 'dey' equaled the sounding out of 'day' but hey I was young.) I was also 'real-uh' until JoD and now I always stick to the JoD pronunciations for everything, though I usually slip up on Ideya.

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
Real-Uh for the win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users