Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What inspired NiGHTS' outfit

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: What inspired NiGHTS' outfit (12 member(s) have cast votes)

What was Wizeman thinking?

1. Wizeman created NiGHTS to be ironic. (10 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. NiGHTS created the outfit himself (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. He wasnt he wanted NiGHTS to question his evil authority. [lol] (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I think I managed to think of a question that has not been asked, at least in this way:

Do you guys think Wizeman created NiGHTS with his pink/purple accents or NiGHTS brought that upon himself?

His design doesn't seem at all evil, other than those seductive eyes XD But he has such a simple, calming nature to him its like if it was Wizemans doing it would have to mean that he was meant to deceive dreamers to think he was nice in the first place then BAM Giant teeth and forktounge XD Specially comparing to Reala, he has the staple design to being "evil" hes got dark toned colors, pale skin, and claws, what do you think?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
It must be for irony. You can tell because Wizeman is always drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon, wearing oversize sunglasses, and listening to music on 8-track. :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

His design doesn't seem at all evil, other than those seductive eyes XD But he has such a simple, calming nature to him its like if it was Wizemans doing it would have to mean that he was meant to deceive dreamers to think he was nice in the first place then BAM Giant teeth and forktounge XD Specially comparing to Reala, he has the staple design to being "evil" hes got dark toned colors, pale skin, and claws

I agree with this.. I like to think NiGHTS would be the type to lure a dreamer in, and then deceive them one way or another.. otherwise purple is a color of royalty, so NiGHTS's status can be inferred from his primary color

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Yuji Naka said that NiGHTS was based on Jung's archetype of "The Shadow." The Shadow can become whatever the dreamer fears, kind of like the Boggart in Harry Potter. Maybe NiGHTS in his basic form looks evil, like Reala, but was able to harness his shapeshifting abilities and create a happier visage to go with his new status as resident of Nightopia.

The Archie comics make it seem like NiGHTS was purple and cute to begin with, so it's very likely that Wizeman did intend to use NiGHTS to lure in unsuspecting dreamers. Of course, Wizey might have just been to bust watching an arty indie movie on his iPad while at his favorite local coffee shop to notice. :P

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I love how we deface Wizeman so, even if h never had a face in the first place lmao. From ghetto to hipster, its a good thing HE don't step in at any moment to pick our brains XD But I'm happy you guys agree with NiGHTS being ironic...I think I just got the hipster jokes XD

Now that I look at the forums banner, I feel like Noctournes idea of him being able to manifest a happier themed apparel is true because he has a make over in JoD, and we know Wizeman did not go shopping with him. Maybe its a symbol of his true independence from Nightmare, and his new residence in Nightopia, yay!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Extreme Makeover: Maren Edition. :P

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
Just remembered that Wizeman is the D'Force Master and created Nightopia as well, maybe he created NiGHTS to be what he couldn't anymore, designed to overthrow him ON PURPOSE lol my morning brain is surprisingly active.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Wizey created Nightopia? ^_^

I don't know. I guess Wizey created NiGHTS with that look to decieve Visitors, or something...

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Wizey created Nightopia? ^_^

I don't know. I guess Wizey created NiGHTS with that look to decieve Visitors, or something...

I was thinking about it this morning I didn't really check the sources but I'm pretty sure he was a goodnik in the beginning, but I just checked out some shiz and it turns out I don't know what I'm talking about XD Lol what I said sounds so silly now, but wouldnt have been if it were true ^_^ I wonder where I got that from? X_x

Either way how about this one:
NiGHTS` red gem was most likely created along with his prettiness. Wizeman cannot take red Idyea and NiGHTS is attracted to it. Could it be that NiGHTS was meant to be the answer to his problem there and it backfired?

Only thing wrong with that is how come he can create something that can do it but he can't himself.

Damn theory's, I should stop thinking haha.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Wizeman's backstory is vague. He created Nightmare, and that's about ll that's been confirmed. Various (mis)translations have refered to Wizey as a god, a normal person without an ideya, and everything in between. I don't think he created Nightopia, though.

According to Archie (I can make certain parts canon if I want to. ^_^), NiGHTS was created withoud the gem. When he went to collect a red ideya, it went splodey and fused to his chest. Maybe Wizeman design NiGHTS to attract red ideya and it went horribly, horribly wrong?

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:ANIME, VIDEO GAMES, MANGA. READING. NIGHTS.
Interesting Theories Guys.

Now for Some Wizeman Mocking!

WIZEMAN: I'm Wizeman the Wicked Lover of All Things Cute and Non-Evil!! I Hate Nights Because I Hate myself!! Why Can't I be Evil!!?

Heheheheheheheh Now That's How you Deface Wizey Here. Heheheh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users