Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS composer working on Smash Bros score

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Tyson Toast

Tyson Toast

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
In the advent of the new Smash Bros Brawl site, a large list of people employed for the Smash score was publicised. The vast majority of the list consists purely of videogame composing veterans, spanning from the composer of Actraiser's soundtrack to Nintendo's musical legend, Koji Kondo.

Among the list was NiGHTS' melody man, <insert name here>. This considered it is highly possible that NiGHTS will feature in the Brawl as one of the mentioned three third party combattents. Of course it's just speculation, but with the praising comments from Shigeru Miyamoto towards NiGHTS, and the new Wii exclusive NiGHTS game, it's one worth pondering.

www.Smashbros.com

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Interesting observation. That is a lot of composers from a bunch of different games, though. It's possible that NiGHTS is a character, but it appears to be possible that Dante and quite a few other characters are as well given the credits of many of those people.

Tyson Toast

Tyson Toast

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Nintendo set a requirement for third party places in the game. "The character must have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once". Snake managed to get on due to his debut on the NES (and Hideo Kojima "practically begging" for Snake to appear.) NiGHTS new exclusivity to the Wii makes him a perfect fit. Sure, he hasn't technically appeared on a Nintendo console yet, but since it's known that Sega are giving Nintendo one of their strongest franchises, I doubt that the little technicality is going to be an obstacle.

The appearing on a Nintendo console voids a lot of the franchises there as well. Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry and I'm pretty sure Streets of Rage can't appear in the game because of it, which narrows it down quite significantly.

CronoMST

CronoMST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Nintendo set a requirement for third party places in the game. "The character must have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once". Snake managed to get on due to his debut on the NES (and Hideo Kojima "practically begging" for Snake to appear.) NiGHTS new exclusivity to the Wii makes him a perfect fit. Sure, he hasn't technically appeared on a Nintendo console yet, but since it's known that Sega are giving Nintendo one of their strongest franchises, I doubt that the little technicality is going to be an obstacle.

The appearing on a Nintendo console voids a lot of the franchises there as well. Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry and I'm pretty sure Streets of Rage can't appear in the game because of it, which narrows it down quite significantly.

Actually, Kingdom Hearts is on GBA (and probably my favorite of the 3 KH games, at that) and Streets of Rage is on the Wii Virtual Console. You're right about Devil May Cry, though.

... unless you count Capcom vs SNK Card Fighters for DS. That has Dante in it.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends
If NiGHTS were to be a character, how hard would it to make a moveset, I mean, NiGHTS flys and it doesn't walk! Maybe there might be some new thing in JoD that can make him Walk. lol

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Tomoko Sasaki also composed Ristar, which has appeared on the virtual console... she also gets special thanks in the Space Channel 5 credits and did some work on Feel the Magic... she gets around XD

Sure, he hasn't technically appeared on a Nintendo console yet

As for NiGHTS appearing on a Nintendo console, he's had numerous cameos from Sonic Pinball Party to Sonic Riders, and he did have that mini game all to himself in Billy Hatcher.

If NiGHTS were to be a character, how hard would it to make a moveset, I mean, NiGHTS flys and it doesn't walk! Maybe there might be some new thing in JoD that can make him Walk. lol

And Mewtwo flew around the place in Melee, wouldn't be too hard to have him in there. Hell, Pit and Meta Knight have wings too!

I still reckon he won't be... but neah.

Tyson Toast

Tyson Toast

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Actually, Kingdom Hearts is on GBA (and probably my favorite of the 3 KH games, at that) and Streets of Rage is on the Wii Virtual Console. You're right about Devil May Cry, though.

... unless you count Capcom vs SNK Card Fighters for DS. That has Dante in it.

I don't think they'd bring Virtual Console into the account, and to be honest Streets of Rage doesn't seem full of charismatic and memorable characters. And since Kingdom Hearts is really a Sony centric game there's probably better choices for characters than Sora. Plus due to Copyright issues with Disney and such, that'd be quite a tangly tangle. Of course, it's possible. I mean who honestly would have thought Snake would appear in Brawl?

As for NiGHTS move set, I honestly have no idea, but I also wondered how Snake would fit in, but he seems quite a tasty fit now I think about it. They could always just throw in a different Maren. Gulpo, anyone?

Tomoko Sasaki also composed Ristar, which has appeared on the virtual console... she also gets special thanks in the Space Channel 5 credits and did some work on Feel the Magic... she gets around XD

As for NiGHTS appearing on a Nintendo console, he's had numerous cameos from Sonic Pinball Party to Sonic Riders, and he did have that mini game all to himself in Billy Hatcher.

And Mewtwo flew around the place in Melee, wouldn't be too hard to have him in there.

I still reckon he won't be... but neah.

Well, whether NiGHTS appears in it or not, we'll be getting some tasty soundtracks. Anything like Soft Museum and I'll be content. What gets me is that it specifically mentions NiGHTS, not Feel the Magic or Space Channel 5, which are pretty notable works in themselves.

Another thought that occurred to me is that of NiGHTS levels. Levels like soft museum would be delicious, and they could use it to build hype for the new game while adding free ideas and fan bait, much like they did with the Animal Crossing trophies in Melee.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I find it a very strong possibility now that N:JOD is coming out. But, I won't be surprised if he doesn't make it into the game. I do get the feeling, however, that he would be unlockable at least as one of those "Trophy" things like in Melee if you have a save of N:JOD somewhere....

Also, NiGHTS would probably float from the ground, but from a very small amount. So, he'd move like how Mewtwo moves in Melee, sort of.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing music from the game composers ^___^!

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Well, I for one would rather have Jackle in it. He would probably have a better moveset.
A: Slash with claws
B: Throw projectile (cards)
>/<A: Giant Slash
Up/down A: Throw/Smash move
Down B: Throws a card that knocks over people and does a decent amount of damage
</>B: Crazy arse Jack in the Box pops out
Up B: Shoots out hands to propel victim
R/L: Throw, of course
Special Stance: laughs maniacly

You know, all of those things we'd expect someone like him to do.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I honestly think the chances of NiGHTS being a playable character are slim to none. Sure, he might make a cameo or appear as a trophy like NNR07 said, but I see little reason Nintendo would make him playable. Keep in mind Nintendo has said they'll only add one or two more third party characters in addition to Snake. So far, virtually the whole playable cast has been extremely prolific franchise mascots with few exceptions. I imagine if HAL wanted to add more third party characters, they would go for the big names like Sonic, Megaman, and Simon Belmont. NiGHTS is just to much a niche character in my opinion.

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Doesn't seem likely, but it's great to know Tomoko Sasaki is working on the Smash Bros. music. <3

Chan Kaylore

Chan Kaylore

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach at sunset, stealing kisses from loved ones, terrorising small children with bees, holding hands and chatting.<br /><br />Did I mention children and bees? I meant hornets.<br /><br />Big ones.

Special Stance: laughs maniacly

You just sold me.

The NiD soundtrack is one I've been listening to a lot lately, and looking at the range of tracks the game has, it'll be wonderful to hear what SSBB sounds like.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
His "Brawl Attack" (the new "super" attack that the characters have in SSBB) would be a gigantic paraloop. <_<
His stage, of course, would be Spring Valley, with floating platforms and Pians that fly around in the background.

NEWCOMER:
NiGHTS

His stage name would be (with the subtitle and stuff like in SSBM):
Spring Valley
Nightopia

:) YAY!

Ana-mana-mate

Ana-mana-mate

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, Sonic, Klonoa, art/drawing/photography, music, dreaming, anime and manga
It'd be great to see NiGHTS in Smash Bros. but I think it's very unlikely ;) If SEGA are to put anyone in it (hopefully they will :D ) I think we all know who it'll be :P .

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I am looking forward to the soundtrack to this game all by itself... the arrangment posted on smashbros.com is very loverly and the live version of the previous game's score still finds itself in my CD player quite frequently... will be nice to see what they do with the tracks this time...
Would be entertaining to see stuff like the Alarm Clock feature as an item to use in each stage though... Slowly chases a player around the screen and if it hits, stun them or something... XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah....my bad, i didn't see there was a topic already created. You people can learn from my mistake. I deleted the clone topic now anyway but i'll just say here what i said in the other one. XD;;

I think that this pretty much confirms Sonic to be in the game, since they've got actual SEGA composers in it. I would like to think that NiGHTS could be in it but right now it's a bit of a slim chance. I don't think SEGA would allow NiGHTS to be in a fighting game just yet.
Besides, Sonic was voted for in that poll they held way back. It's pretty obvious one SEGA character will be in it and my money is on Sonic.
I mean, come on. People want to finally be able to have Mario and Sonic face-off in a fight. Fans from both sides have been waiting for this kinda thing ever since 1991 when the rivalry started.

Though, as much as i doubt NiGHTS will be in this, i think if Sonic is included it will, as i've said countless times before, open up a new pathway for the Smash Bros. series. I could see a 'SEGA vs Nintendo' fighting game happening at some point.
It's nice to see the companies have grown up now and are working with eachother. The rivalry has become something of a play-fight rather than a hands down mother of all face-off between developers.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

The rivalry has become something of a play-fight rather than a hands down mother of all face-off between developers.

It never really was one, it was the fans. As these dans have grown up, the rivalry doesn't seem so bad. Talk to any kid on a school playground however and they'll hold as strong views about the PS3 etc as most of us had back in the day.

Anyway, Wizeman would be fun to fight with. Make it happen.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yeah, I remember when I was a kid and I came across this little comic someone sent to this gaming magazine with Sonic and Tails fighting Mario, Mortal Kombat style. Tails chopped off Mario's head with his tails. :lol: ...I made a pog out of it. Ha ha! Yeah.. Back in the day, everyone was all about the Mario and Sonic fighting thing, but there was never really any official talk of anything like that. We were all silly kids that made a big deal. :o

Also, sh!t, could you imagine Wizeman standing behind and center to a fighting platform, swinging those hands around and knocking people off while you'tr trying to fight? Does sound pretty challenging.

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Just change the design of the Master Hand(s) a little bit, and there you go! :D

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Would make for a fairly interesting stage if he was there... be sort of like the Starfox level when you can jump on the Starwings when they do strafing runs... 'cept his hands would be constantly moving around the screen and they would be the platforms.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I have been a fan of smash bros. since it came out, and honestly Im about 99% sure that he will not be in there. Iizuka wants to please the fans by making a wonderful game. Im not about sure he would hand over NiGHTS rights to a game for fighting so close around to the sequel. If there are SEGA inclusions, there might be a cameo in a stage or a trophy. It would be nice, but highly doutable.

Thom

Thom

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

This considered it is highly possible that NiGHTS will feature in the Brawl as one of the mentioned three third party combattents.

Just like all the other characters from all the other third party music composers, aye?
Yeah, there's a LOT of people working on it, and a lot of them are known for their more popular works, which, in quite a few cases, aren't Nintendo games.

A lot of these composers are freelancers who have a tendency to work for certain companies; their inclusion means little to nothing to the possibility of a character's inclusion. They only list the games that the composers are known for to...well, let people think, "Oh! That game's music!"

Tyson Toast

Tyson Toast

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
This is why I strictly put "highly possible" as opposed to probable. I know it's not likely at all, but it's nice to think of what could have been.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
NiGHTS composer in the new Smash Bros. game... which is going for a more orchestral feel.. hey, maybe we'll get more orchestral NiGHTS music after all! Keep an ear open, TRiPPY! :P

I honestly doubt our hero of Nightmare will be a playable character - most likely he'll be a trophy or have a cameo in a level. But if he DOES show up as a new opponent, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't squee with excitement. :3 I'd love to see more clashes of Nintendo vs. Sega, if only to finally have some fun with the age-old rivalry. Smash Bros. may be only the beginning!

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Exactly, Kori. Me too, If i knew for sure that NiGHTS would be in it id dance a jig around the house while singing dreams dreams off-key. But it is highly doubtable.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

I could see a 'SEGA vs Nintendo' fighting game happening at some point.

Imagine, if it were like Marvel vs Capcom 2 or something, huge battles, tons of characters, tag teaming. I would love it if it happened.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
It's called Project M.U.G.E.N. XD
Tis a fighting game you can download where you can add your own characters into it... there's literally hundreds of characters available if you can track em down.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
yeah sairus i was gonna make NiGHTS character...but all the images and dos coding and old programs that hate running on win XP.....yeah i quit XD

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
NiGHTS could be in it
but i'm sure he'll be anything but a playable character

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I take that back. I really wouldnt want to see NiGHTS as a playable character. Albeit it would be hilarious to see NiGHTS clobber Mario for stealing his thunder back in 96' with Mario 64, but NiGHTS is supposed to be a wonderful, whimsical flying experience, not a fistfight.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Hmm, good point Huruyami. I concur that NiGHTS can kick Nightmaren booty, but.. yeah, something doesn't sit right, picturing him beating on others. :/

Now if he was in a level based on his game..! I can see it now, NiGHTS looks on from the background, watching mascots get thrown left and right! Heh, he could be cheering them on! (Or, if he's stuck in the Ideya Palace, he could be trying to get someone's attention to let him out! XD)

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Good Idea Kori. Or, there could be a level where you were fighting on realas big chair thingy, and "NiGHTS and Reala a theme of tragedic revenge" would be playing and you could see the two flying around in the background. Or a trophy, or possibly items that were ideya. They allow the character to have NiD like flight for a short period of time. or like how goombas appear, there could be shleep poppin up!

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I have to disagree with NiGHTS being unable to lay the smackdown... He seems completely willing to open up consecutive cans of whoopass on the various Nightmarens (and Nightopians should you be so inclined), even going as far as killing what we assume to be his brother and father.
I don't see much of a difference in that and Mario beating the crap out of Luigi or Pichu.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Sai, i didnt say he couldnt, he very well could. But it doesnt seem right doesnt it? Our nice flying whimsical jester fighting in a fistfight. Something seems odd about that.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
And you're saying there's not something a little wrong about Mario and Link for all intents and purposes resorting to wife beating in Smash Bros? XD

Tyson Toast

Tyson Toast

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I'd beat my wife for the good of fun.

Wait, I'm not allowed to say that, am I?

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
......well no sai XD mario and link have been fighting evil for ages. just seems wrong for NiGHTS to be in a fistfight is all im saying. hey, if they wanna do it, let em. XD

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
So you're saying that because Mario and Link have been fighting for years, it's okay for them to come home and beat on Peach and Zelda? XD

Sorry for going off topic there... I just couldn't resist.

But at the risk of straying back on track... I love that idea for a stage Kori XD Would be pretty entertaining to see NiGHTS watching the contestants from inside his Palace, getting bored when the fighting dimishes and cheering when the brawl really gets going XD

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
well.....yeah sai XD but NiGHTS cant do that....since hes spouseless or whatever. anyway, getting back on topic.....

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Thanks Huruyami and Sairus! X3 I actually wondered how it could be more interactive. If there was a way for some Brawlers to get red Ideya, they could zip over to the palace, free NiGHTS and perform some special move - I'm picturing lotsa paraloops - and after a time, NiGHTS splits from the Brawler and waits in the palace once more.

It'd be pretty cool, I think, but what criteria would be met for getting any Ideya at all? o_o; I mean, isn't it kinda personal in a way?

Or is it just taking a fangirl's idea much too far? XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users