Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SATURN PORTS BEING CONSIDERED!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Here's something interesting that just popped up on Twitter - SEGA considering porting Saturn games

In the article they mention they 'ported NiGHTS' but they're probably refering to the PS2 Japanese only release.

So, yeah. This could be an interesting turn of events. We need this support to keep riding. We've got more chance now than we've ever had before. HIT THAT BUTTON! XD

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Holy sh!t, if this article is true, this makes our Campaign a whole lot more likely! If they get round to Saturn ports, then they have to port NiGHTS! It's the number 1 Saturn game!

Plus the guy specifically mentioned it. Hopes are raised!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, TRiPPY just out right asked him on Twitter! He's on there and she just asked him! And he replied to her too, lol! XD

TRiP, break it down for the nice people. What did my man in Japan tell you?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Lol my mad womang skills prompted a response from him.

@imagni ナイツは日本ではPS2版を出したのですが海外では出せてい
いので、いつか再チャレンジできる機会があれば私も嬉し
です。

Translate that how you will but he's basicly saying although the PS2 version didn't/wont make it here that he'd like to challenge himself in the future if it arises (in regards to a port).
I also showed him the nid15 website and explained to him that NiGHTS has tons of fans in the West who would love to just have the chance to play the original game without import. So he knows :P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I don't think we could hit any better target than the man himself responsible for organizing the ports in the first place.

Since he is looking at the site himself then we really gotta make sure that number keeps rising.

This has turned out to be quite an interesting campaign indeed, has it not? :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yesireebob and i forsee more twists in the tail to come *lol*

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
And I thought my day was going to start off poorly cause I overslept. This completely negated that. WOOHOO, still repressing my hopes too much but this definitely puts more umph in my coffee whisking this morning!

So, from what I understand, they'd consider (if it were to come to it) porting the Saturn code and not the PS2 remake code? Or was he saying "OH you didn't get the PS2 port, I'd like to challenge myself to port that PS2 port over to you if the opportunity arrises"? This has me very intrigued, and please correct me if I'm not understanding this right.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I think what he's saying is they may not be able to port the PS2 version itself, meaning he'd like to port the original Saturn game OR test himself by doing what they did for the PS2 version by doing the same for XboxLiVE/Psn/whatever i.e taking the original and seeing if they can spruce it up.

I dunno, that's what i'm making from what he's said. Either way, he seems interested in the possibilty of bringing the original NiGHTS over somehow. Let's see what happens from here.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
This is absolutely fantastic. I can't believe how lucky this is, to have the main man himself responsible for the ports to be aware of the campaign and express intrest in a port. It's like a dream!

This news needs to spread, the more people know this, the more support we can gather!

Great work TRiP!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
It's ju ju *lol*

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
What great news to wake up to!
way to go, guys!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
If they honestly are considering porting Saturn games then NiGHTS does have to be one of them, Jof is right there. Think about it. NiGHTS was the Saturns mascot. There's no way they could over look that title.

Still, i don't want to count chickens before they hatch no matter how good this looks in our favor. We need that support to continue. Especially now, since the higher ups at SEGA are looking right at us, lol XD;;

Lélis

Lélis

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Games in general. I am a gamer<br />Cosplay - maybe you don't like but I LOVE<br />Sing - I am a good singer, so I like to sing. A LOT (and game music is my love)<br />And everthing that you would like to chat. I am not a quiet person xDDD
What a wonderfull news! And I got them when I came back to the foruns. That's why I LOVE you so much <3333

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'm excited! It seems so likely! And if Saturn games are ported, NiGHTS must be one of the first. It's probably the best-known, most highly-regarded Saturn game out there.

I'm also going to hope for the first three Panzer Dragoon games. More people must play PD Saga! And as it stands, it's impossible for anyone who is not SUPREME-ULTRA-HARDCORE to do so.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I've got Saga but i'm rubbish at it XD Here in the UK we got the first CD for free on a magazine. My brother bought the full game later that month. Not played it for years OvO My fave PD game was zwei.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
w00t, here's hoping they realize they need to bring the PS2 version worldwide..

NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon's original titles (especially Saga), Guardian Heroes (HD Remix pls), Capcom needs to bring X-Men and Marvel vs. SF, Radiant Silvergun needs to be ported like the man said.. and Burning Rangers HD would be a good idea too.

IGN posted it too- http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1102932p1.html

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
This is really great news!

Hopefully it won't be all Sonic anymore, and we'll finally get something unique!

Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Panzer Dragoon would be easy as that has already been ported to the PC and original Xbox (same difference really). That said, Panzer Dragoon Orta already runs backwards compatible on Xbox 360 and includes the original game, although it was a direct port of the original not a HD remake which is what I would like them to do personally.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Oh jesus. Oh jesus. :)

This is great news to read in my first few minutes online today! I wonder if this statement has anything to do with NiD15 (prob not) but the fact the campaign is building steam means it definitely won't be overlooked if it comes true! Holy moly!

*starts making wishlist, including Radiant Silvergun, NiGHTS, and Daytona*

Great job so far! Thanks TRiP and DiGi for the update!!!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

*starts making wishlist, including Radiant Silvergun, NiGHTS, and Daytona*

I was literally writing that same list not too long ago. Like, those EXACT three games. Except I also had Fighters Megamix in there too. :) Nothing like power-punching the Daytona Car in a fight!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
This is too awesome. I literally was sick in the stomach until I read this and now I'm feeling much better. Just to hear someone at SEGA mention the Saturn is a good thing. The future is definitely looking bright.

Besides NiGHTS, I'd love to see Virtua Cop 1 & 2, Fighting Vipers, and most definitely Radiant Silvergun.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

I've got Saga but i'm rubbish at it XD Here in the UK we got the first CD for free on a magazine. My brother bought the full game later that month. Not played it for years OvO My fave PD game was zwei.

You're rubbish at it? My only complaint with it is that it's too easy. :)
I haven't played in years myself... I should do this. Zwei was a really great shooter, but I love the way Saga tied all the stories together into a great mindblowing package?
(Regardless, the Panzer Dragoon games are some of Sega's best, and most neglected.)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
http://www.joystiq.c...e-saturn-games/

ride the wave~~~

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

Regardless, the Panzer Dragoon games are some of Sega's best, and most neglected.

Amen to that brother. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
NiGHTS on Kotaku eee, even if they seem to think the PS2 port counts as a current day download port
http://kotaku.com/55...wnload-releases

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Wow, this is great news! The timing couldn't be better really. Let's keep the momentum going!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
*jumps up and down* Eeeeee-yes! Holy cripes n' crudula this is awesome! Best news I've heard all week. :) Hope the numbers keep rising as this campaign continues.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
Man, this statement by Okunari is spreading everywhere. I just saw an article about it as well on news.softpedia.com. It's causing quite a stir, eh?

Edit: I'm going to list all the places I can find reference to it.

http://news.softpedi...re-145901.shtml
http://playstationli...o-segas-saturn/
http://news.cnet.com...0009339-17.html
http://www.guardian....-download-games

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Anyone else ever heard of Treasure not wanting to port Radiant Silvergun? A dude on the Sega forum either really knows his stuff or he's making crap up. It'd be disappointing of Treasure to ignore the demand of a downloadable Radiant Silvergun.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Anyone else ever heard of Treasure not wanting to port Radiant Silvergun? A dude on the Sega forum either really knows his stuff or he's making crap up. It'd be disappointing of Treasure to ignore the demand of a downloadable Radiant Silvergun.

According to Wikipedia, which sites a three-year-old interview, Treasure hinted at wanting to make an HD-version of Radiant Silvergun for XBLA. So I would assume this dude is making crap up. Although from the looks of things, making Radiant Silvergun HD hasn't been a priority.
If Treasure was to make an HD-port rather than just emulating Saturn, I hope they at least include the anime cutscenes from the Saturn version. Instead of bare-bones arcade-only version?

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I can't wait, my Saturn is pretty beat up and it would simply be much more convenient to have my Saturn library on my PS3 and soon the new 360. Also my DC is broken and have been looking for a new one, I might still get one but now I'm not so worried to get one to play the games I own, this rocks so much. Game titles I lost/played and never played are just flooding in my head right now X3

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
To get a cameo, we threatened mass bonfires. To get an entire game ported, everything magically works! :D

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Programming, sciences and arts.
How come nobody has mentioned porting Nights Into Dreams to PC platforms? Is the most common electronic gadget used right now.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
A port to PC kinda seems pointless, considering the game can be emulated on a computer. We're asking for console ports because those are the systems that SEGA would be most likely to port NiGHTS to.

But then again, i've never stated which system i'm asking SEGA to port this to. At the end of the day it's up to them where they port it if they do. I just want the port to happen in general.

RachelF19

RachelF19

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Ty beanie babies,Music, Singing,Karate, The Nightmare Before Christmas. My two favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas.

A port to PC kinda seems pointless, considering the game can be emulated on a computer. We're asking for console ports because those are the systems that SEGA would be most likely to port NiGHTS to.

But then again, i've never stated which system i'm asking SEGA to port this to. At the end of the day it's up to them where they port it if they do. I just want the port to happen in general.

So any recent news that I missed ?

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
If there was news -- There would have been news on the Front Page of the site, or a mass email sent out to the registered forum users.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users