Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Regular Dreaming...?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: How often do you actually remember having a dream? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

So, how often?

1. Three or more times a week (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. Once or twice a week (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. Once or twice a month (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Once or twice every 2-3 months (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. Once or twice every 4+ months (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Rave

Rave

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Location:A place where you can count on the wind 1/3 of the year
  • Interests:music, singing, writing, drawing, gaming, surfing the internet
*shocks everyone because the rarely-seen, rarely-known lurker posted a TOPIC*

This is probably a bit of an odd question - frell, I think something like this has already been posted but I'm just too lazy to look back through the thread history (because it's already past 10 for me here) - but really, how often do you remember waking up and at least remembering and knowing for a fact that, yes, you've had a dream? Even if you can't remember what the dream was necessarily about, do you remember that you dreamed about something?

I'm actually a bit curious because my lack of dreams (no, seriously) helped me realize that I wasn't getting enough good sleep. A friend of the family told me a few months ago that REM sleep is actually the only restorative sleep that you can get. I couldn't enter REM sleep, therefore I couldn't dream, therefore I was tired and drained as all hell in the morning. Ever since I started taking a certain medication to help calm my mind down, I've been dreaming a lot more lately, and I actually wasn't wanting to fall asleep in class.

Anyone else have similar incidents? Or am I just a total weirdo that unfortunately requires chemical support to actually have a dream?

Edit: ARGH, FRELL! *notes her perception roll made yet another critical failure/botch* Someone help me move this to the poll area? Please? :blink:

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Your poll kind of relates to your subject-matter, so I will leave it in Dream Discussion for now, unless another mod/admin feels it belongs in Polls.

What I find unusual about my dreaming, sometimes when I wake up - let's use a day where I have to be up by 7am regardless. I'll wake up when I set my alarm for 6, sleep for 6 minutes until the snooze button lifts and the alarm buzzes, sleep for another 5 minutes after the snooze is hit.. and in that extremely short period of time, I'll have some of the most vivid dreams I can come up with while I'm trying to cheat myself of having to get up to be out the door by sometime after 7.

Other times, when I'm extremely tired and find myself tossing and turning all night, I won't remember much -if anything- of my dreams. Sometimes my anxiety fuels my dreams, other times it completely saps my dreams and I wake up with nothing. But, I've got erratic schedules lately and unless I'm down and out with the aid of something, I don't sleep for more than 2 consecutive hours before I'm up, looking around, readjusting and falling back to sleep.

If I go a week without ANY recollection of shards of dreams, I worry.

Luna the Nightmaren

Luna the Nightmaren

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The one thing I love to do most is sleeping but I hate that I can't sleep as easily as everyone else because:
1. I have imsomnia
2. I have many pains
3. I CAN'T STOP USING MY IMAGINATION
I daydream 24/7 even when I'm about to fait from exaustion, but the upside of it is that I don't need to sleep to dream. But my condition is getting worse and I think I'm going to ask the doc. for medecine.

Rave

Rave

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Location:A place where you can count on the wind 1/3 of the year
  • Interests:music, singing, writing, drawing, gaming, surfing the internet
Except for point 2, that's precisely the problem I have. I suggest melatonin as a start, though even at 40 mg it didn't work for me. I take 25 mg of trazydone (and I know I misspelled that...) to get to sleep now, and although it doesn't kick in until three hours later, it gets me to REM sleep.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I've been having trouble recalling previous dreams where only pieces are left in my memory and they shortly fade afterward. I used to have a book I would write my dreams in but it's full now and I don't have another blank books.

The one thing I love to do most is sleeping but I hate that I can't sleep as easily as everyone else because:
1. I have imsomnia
2. I have many pains
3. I CAN'T STOP USING MY IMAGINATION
I daydream 24/7 even when I'm about to fait from exaustion, but the upside of it is that I don't need to sleep to dream. But my condition is getting worse and I think I'm going to ask the doc. for medecine.

I never really understood what insomnia was. Is it like you have an urge to stay awake or is it like you lay in bed for seemingly hours and you can't go to sleep?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I've had insomnia at times. It's like lying awake in bed, hoping/trying to fall asleep. Usually I eventually give up and play some mindless video game, after enough fruitless hours of attempting sleep and not succeeding.

Let me tell you, it's not as much fun as it may sound because you feel so absolutely tired that you can't do anything that requires serious concentration.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I've had insomnia at times. It's like lying awake in bed, hoping/trying to fall asleep. Usually I eventually give up and play some mindless video game, after enough fruitless hours of attempting sleep and not succeeding.

Let me tell you, it's not as much fun as it may sound because you feel so absolutely tired that you can't do anything that requires serious concentration.

I'm like that sometimes. I'll try to sleep and because I can't I go play video games or read forums and blogs. Then I realize what time it is and say, "I'm going to sleep" but I end up doing what I'm doing for another two or three hours. My sleeping schedule is always getting thrown around.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I never really understood what insomnia was. Is it like you have an urge to stay awake or is it like you lay in bed for seemingly hours and you can't go to sleep?

I think too much, so I often lie in bed trying and wanting to sleep, but I have all sorts of things I want to do/read/watch/think about. It's dreadful.

I've been dreaming a lot lately. Often I'll dream every other or every few days, never one after the other.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I usually have 1 or 2 nights a week where I CAN'T remember dreams. Either I was completely exhausted and couldn't remember my dreams, or I'm jolted awake by my alarm and immediately can't remember my dreams. It's a horrible feeling. Which is why I HATE alarm clocks...

See, I wake up a lot during the night, so it seems as soon as I fall asleep again, I go straight to REM sleep. Then BAM it's super easy to remember.

And I'll get insomnia every once in a while, too. It is horrible. Once I laid in bed literally all night without sleeping, and I had school the next day and fell asleep in every class.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Usually, if I get about 8+ hours of sleep, I remember dreams. If I sleep about 5/6 or less, I generally have no memory of any dreams.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Since reading this topic, I've been plagued with insomnia. :) Thankfully, staying up late to watch movies has made me exhausted enough to just sleep.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I dream pretty often and dream recall hits me half way threw the day most of the time after some event reminds me, but I'm pretty sure we all dream every night and we just don't remember them all. for example I actually just remembered last nights dream by cleaning and looking at a set of Sims 3 stickers, it also made me post in this topic XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users