Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I wish I had...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
This was a funny idea I had today. Do you guys ever once in a while think about something you really wanted in the past and sometime think about how you'd still like to own it nowadays but they're hard to get now because they're collectible or they don't really make them anymore? Well here is a place to share those memories of the object that got away. I thought it would be a fun trip down memory lane.

For example, to this day I still wish I had those first three Megazord toys from Power Rangers. You know the ones. The original five dinosaur one, the Dragonzord and that Brontosaurus one with the name that escapes me. I still love the original Power Rangers to this day and every once in a while I catch myself thinking "Man I wish I got those when I was a kid".

So, how about you guys?

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
for me it would have to be the cronotrigger game for the playstation1

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
The most epic water guns of water guns - the Super Soaker Monster XL. http://www.idwerx.co...ster/mon_xl.htm

They don't make them anymore, which I found much to my dismay when I actually had money to spend on them... whatever crap they have on the shelves right now are, well, crap. The guns are tiny in comparison and they look cheaply made.
My parents bought me two guns when I was still a kid, one was the SS20 and the other, either 40 or 60.. it had a purple color scheme with maybe grey or green. They weren't the flashiest guns on the market at the time, but they held up and were hearty.
Moment of redemption? A friend of mine working at a toystore snagged a SS CPS3200 for THREE freakin' dollars. WIN. I squealed and wet myself a little bit upon receiving the present. Still. I want a damn MonsterXL to add to my armada.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
^I just noticed that the original Super Soaker 50 is selling for over $50. PRETTY LAME. I had a couple decently hardcore Super Soakers - strong enough for me to have trouble wielding and to actually hurt other kids who got shot. I never had the Monster XL though. That thing looks like a BEAST. An awesome beast.

that Brontosaurus one with the name that escapes me.

Ultrazord. Man, I wish I had those toys too. I always wondered if Megazord was actually made up of the five regular Zords that could function as independent toys. Either way, Power Rangers toys were definitely cool. I never had any of the Zords.

I always wanted one of the fancier Transformers. I only had a couple lower-end figures and I always had trouble getting them to transform correctly. I like to think that if I was to get Optimus Prime now, I would be able to pull off his transformation without much trouble. And it would be totally sweet.

I also wish I had more molds for my Creepy Crawlers Super Oven. I can see the oven in my parent's basement, but there's so much junk in the way, I can't reach it. I suspect that most of the molds were thrown away over the years... I never had many super-sized molds anyway. I know they made Power Rangers molds too...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
A toy of Stay Puft I saw in a thrift store window that I wanted

When I was like, seven, a walkie talkie watch like Penny from Inspector Gadget or Dick Tracy had was the coolest thing in the world to me. Only years later did I get one, only to use it for like.. a day

That time I saw the McFarlane Maxx toy in a discount store. It was $15, thought I'd find it at Toys R Us for less. Nope.

Panzer Dragoon Saga

I also wish I had done something to get a copy of Christmas NiGHTS back in '96; paying more for the disc edition of Game Players would have been worth it.

Agetec arcade stick for the Dreamcast (value has never changed.. the amount I would have used it would have justified the investment)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I also wish I had more molds for my Creepy Crawlers Super Oven. I can see the oven in my parent's basement, but there's so much junk in the way, I can't reach it. I suspect that most of the molds were thrown away over the years... I never had many super-sized molds anyway. I know they made Power Rangers molds too...

I have one of those in a box somewhere. xD

I wish I had gotten more VHS tapes. They had such a great look a feel, particularly with 80s horror. *siiiiigh*

I also saw an Elvira model in a hobby shop ages ago. Had I only known that she'd have one of my favourite shows...

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things

I wish I had gotten more VHS tapes. They had such a great look a feel, particularly with 80s horror. *siiiiigh*

You should be made aware of this. The House of the Devil is a new, 80s-style horror movie and it was released as a DVD/VHS bundle. I haven't seen it, but I've heard good things.

If I can get something on DVD/Blu-Ray, I prefer it to VHS; but I like my collection of rare-ish VHS tapes (like Nine Inch Nails' Closure, the terrible Panzer Dragoon anime, and the Japanese NiGHTS tape).

Auto-Fox

Auto-Fox

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I wish I could find a DTV tuner box near my house for under $60.
I've got cable, but there are tons of digital channels I'm not getting...

Also, I wish I could find Tremors 1 and 4 on VHS. I have 2 and 3, but that's it.
I also wish I'd bought the giant 200 CD changer I saw at Goodwill the other day...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I wish I had the set of NiGHTS promo postcards that I got from the cinema and then chopped up to put on my school folder T____________T IDIOTTRiPPYIDIOT. A true 1996 fail.

MidgitLD

MidgitLD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I would still have all those Garfield collection comics I had. And CONNEX.

GOOD GOD, I miss me some Connex something HARD.CORE. T_T Kinetix and Legos couldn't hold a flame to those babies. And some how I lost ALL of them. D:

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
I wish...

...I still had the old "Sonic the Hedgehog" comics I so foolishly threw away when I was a kid. T_T
...I had Maria's Theme in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. >< (If I'd known how to get it, I would have held off on selling my GBA and copy of Sonic Advance/Sonic Pinball Party.)
...I still had my old SNES and games (there was a TON, and they were all awesome). Same with the N64. Sold both when I thought they were obsolete. >< Had the hardest time giving up Starfox 64. T_T Spent so much time convincing myself to get rid of it... THEN it reappeared on the Virtual Console. (Still would like the old version though...)
Oh man... On the SNES we used to have the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (AAH! *cue flinching*), Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island (which I never got why it was called "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island" as a kid; I know now), Super Mario All-Stars, LoZ: A Link to the Past, Kirby Super Star (8 games in one!), Kirby's Dreamland 3... Good times, man. Good times. Such a fool for selling them all.

Although I wasn't a total idiot as a kid and I still have some good PS1 games (surprisingly, I kept some of the ones people are desperately looking for nowadays) and I'm NEVER getting rid of the PS2 games I have lying about.

Edit: Bah, forgot. >< Too much distraction by nostalgia.

Wish i had NiD. ^^

striker0

striker0

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well this hasn't changed much. Still into video games, anime, and cooking. Gotten into gunpla very heavily in the past couple years, as well as other things.
This was back in the days of the Dreamcast, but I wish I had gotten the broadband adapter when I saw it at a swap meet for 30 bucks. I could really use it to get onto the private server for PSO. That and the first Lego Mindstorms set. I had the PC, and ironically the cash, but my parents were against it because they thought you had to know programming.

I still want both to this date.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
Posted Image

Purge's cell phone game from Ulala's Channel J.
Why must you taunt me so Sega!?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
A Dreamcast and a Nintendo 64. I only got a PlayStation. I'm glad that you can easily find brand new Dreamcast consoles online but I don't know how long that will last so I'd better buy one quickly. I'm not into getting an N64 anymore though. I guess I played that console too much at my friend's and cousin's houses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users