Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JOD release in October?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
I heard from somewhere that I don't remember at this moment that NiGHTS Journey Of Dreams will be released November 13th.But I dn't know for sure though ^_^

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
yes, November 13th. However that is honestly a HORRIBLE release date. Super Mario Galaxy comes out >_

Sega why do you do stupid things like that?

Granted, Ill pimp NiGHTS JOD in the stores like crazy when it comes out. Ill do my best.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

yes, November 13th. However that is honestly a HORRIBLE release date. Super Mario Galaxy comes out >_

Sega why do you do stupid things like that?

Granted, Ill pimp NiGHTS JOD in the stores like crazy when it comes out. Ill do my best.

November will be a very good month :P

NiGHTS
Mario
Umbrella Chronicles
Ghost Squad

A very very good month for Wii owners.

btw GameStop says Mario comes out on the 12 but thats still close enough.

Yume

Yume

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Drawing,Anime, and Soccer(Go William)!
Hate to sound skeptical but I have heard some people saying it's going to get pushed back yet again. Honestly, I hope they do push it back to sometimes around December. Like MID-DECEMBER. Actually, December 13th (an exact month later) would be awesome!

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Summer 08 please. Games tend to go gold (get finished) at least a month before release, meaning JoD has less than a years dev time.

Also, Christmas 07 has too many good games, in the unlikely event this does turn out playable, it'll be overshadowed.

Yume

Yume

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Drawing,Anime, and Soccer(Go William)!
I don't think they'd push it back THAT far...I know it's not uncommon for a game to be pushed back 6 months but a year? Though if you are right and it doesn't get released till summer 2008 I think alot of fans are going to go nuts waiting.*laughs*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

I don't think they'd push it back THAT far...I know it's not uncommon for a game to be pushed back 6 months but a year? Though if you are right and it doesn't get released till summer 2008 I think alot of fans are going to go nuts waiting.*laughs*

It wasn't a prediction; it's just something I'd like to happen. It won't though.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I'd like to see the game pushed back to at least December 2007 or, at most, March 2008. Somewhere in-between those two dates would be fine. We might not have much to worry about though given the length of the actual game. There's only going to be 7 levels, right? Then it might not have taken long to completely develop the game. I presume all they have left to do is bug-testing and object placement. I'm only speculating though.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I'm, to be honest, wanting it to come out around Christmas time, or January-February.

November seems too soon to me. Not just with Developing issues, but with financial as well. Chances are, something around December will sell better...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
What if they were making this game since January and we are just seeing old stuff they had done? What if now they are polishing it up and are further improving the controls?

I was a little dissapointed about GTA4 being pushed back but now I don't care because I'm addicted to wii sports.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
Oi....this'll be just like last time....NiGHTS is ignored for some Mario game....and I also think this game was too rushed, and yet they haven't shown us anything other than a couple of levels and the characters (who might I add seem a little too stereotypical to me). If they had nintendo in on this game more I think it would be much more anticipated. They've kept the hype down for reasons I fear to know and they either want everything to be a huge surprise, or they feel that those are the only good things about the game and they've let the original fanbase down which would suck.

And I checked on Amazon U.S. and the release date there is Nov. 13 2007.

boon

boon

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

You know, there's a very interesting article out there explaining the answers to all of the questions and arguments you raised there.

Essentially it boils down to the Sammy takeover. Sammy aren't doing too well, so they need things that'll fetch money. Sonic games do, so they need them made quick and cheap (thus the testers being sacked from Sonic 06, which had roughly a 1 year development cycle, Secret Rings less I'm told). There's not really much time to make anything worthwhile.

I guess a gamble like the new NiGHTS must suffer from this problem to an extreme. It's a risk, so therefore must have even less of an investment put into it. Which, I don't doubt for a second, is the reason it's on the Wii. Cheaper development.

Not quite sure where you got your info, but Sonic 06 had at least two years of development. Heck, it's original trailer (with a game play segment involving throwing ring boxes) was shown at E3 2005.

From what I've been told, Sonic 06's main problem wasn't time, but budget, as it supposedly had a rather sloppy budget of $5 million, which is pretty damn small for such a large game on the Xbox 360. Considering the game barely cracked 200k in any territory, but was still profitable according to Scott Steinberg, I definetly believe what I've been told. I can't speak about the testers, but if the article you are citing is the article I'm thinking about (link?), it got a lot of facts wrong, although it is true that the game's testing was supposedly outsourced to some Korean company, if what I've heard from the same dude who revealed those Sonic Riders secret characters AND revealed that a new NiGHTS game was in pre-production as early as May is on the money.

Secret Rings had a year of development, as revealed in interviews with Yojiro Ogawa in interviews. He apparently had a difficult time managing the teams to ensure the game would be ready in the Wii's launch window, but in the end it all came together, turning out the first solid 3D Sonic outing since Sonic Heroes, with an average score of 70% on Game Rankings. I personally had a lot of fun with it.

As far as NiGHTS goes...I have a lot of faith in the game. This isn't a quick cash in like Sonic. Takashi Iizuka has been wanting to do this sequel for eleven years. He's openly stated that he wants to satisfy the fans of the original, and has been waiting for the right moment to come along to make his sequel. Heck, the fans are the reason he's doing the game. He's been working with a Sammy controlled SEGA for many years now, he should know the kinds of conditions he'll be working under with this project.

Wii is a very easy console to work with. It's games are very cheap to produce, it's hardware is essentially a Gamecube (a console Sega Studios USA has a lot of experience with) with some improved ram and some other abilities. The game is only seven levels long. If Secret Rings could be built in a year on early dev kits with such solid results, I see no reason why NiGHTS can't do that in the same time frame with better development technology. The only thing we have to worry about is the motion sensing tech of the Wii, and even if thats botched we'll still have analog control.

This game has a lot going for it...the early eyes on/hands on previews have been almost completely positive...I have no doubt this game will be "playable" and I'll be more then a little shocked if it isn't at least decent.

On a side note, from what I've been told, SEGA's talk of reinvigorating the Sonic brand with quality might not be as empty as past big talk from developers...a new Sonic project is apparently underway with a large budget and no set release date, from the same team that brought us Sonic 06 and Sonic Adventure. Heres hoping it doesn't suck...

The game itself, while it may be a good idea, is doomed to fall into the same trap as all other post-Jet Set Radio Future Sega titles. It's a shame, it really is

Post Panzer Dragoon Orta, you mean, as that was SEGA's best 3rd party game. ;) Most everything after that until Virtua Fighter 5 came out was crap though...regrettably.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
In a dream I can see... ;)

February Chaos

February Chaos

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey, about the release date being in December, it might be right. I regularly check a dutch official Sega site. They had a release lise and that one said we're getting it by Christmas. Remember that this is a Dutch site. Other people might get it earlier.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Ok, Nintendo's Europe release list leaked recently, we have a date for NiGHTS (which I'm shocked you lot haven't picked up on)

Avatar: Der Herr der Elemente 2 - November 2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen - November 2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Barbie Island Princess - 22.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Carnival Games - 17.09.2007 - 29.99 EUR
• Canis Canem Edit (Bully) - Oktober 2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Cars Mater-National 15.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Crash of the Titans - Dezember 2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Dewy's Adventure - 16.10.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - 8.11.2007 - 59.99 Euro
• Endless Ocean - 9.11.2007 - 39.99 Euro
• Ghost Squad - November 2007 - 59.99 Euro
• Guitar Hero 3 Bundle - 08.11.2007 - 99.99 Euro
• Godzilla: Unleashed - 22.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Harvest Moon: Magical Melody - 19.10.2007 - 39.99 Euro
• Indoor Sports (Konami) - Dezember 2007 - 29.99 Euro
• LEGO Star Wars II: Die Klassische Saga - 08.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - 30.11.2007 - 59.99 Euro
• Metroid Prime 3 Corruption - 26.10.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• MySims - 20.09.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• NBA Live 08 - 11.10.2007 - 59.99 Euro
• Need for Speed ProStreet - November 2007 - 49.99 Euro
• NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams - 23.11.2007 - 59.99 Euro
• Pimp My Ride - 22.11.2007 - 39.99 Euro
• Puppy Luv (Activision) - 22.11.2007 - 29.99 Euro
• Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - 30.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• RTL Winter Sports 2008 - November 2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Simpsons: Das Spiel - 02.11.2007 - 39.99 Euro
Super Mario Galaxy - 16.11.2007 - 49.99 Euro
• Table Tennis - Oktober 2007 - 39.99 Euro
• Thrillville Off the Rail - Oktober 2007 - 59.99 Euro
• Tony Hawk Proving Ground - November 2007 - 59.99 Euro
• Tomb Raider Anniversary - 7.12.2007 - 59.99 Euro
• WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 - November 2007 - 59.99 Euro
• Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - 7.12.2007 - 49.99 Euro

It's an amazing lineup I'm sure you'll agree. While in the US the game launches the day after Galaxy, here it's the week after for 10 € more. Well done Sega, well done.

Lots of games on there I'll bu beofre even considering this one mind.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
You know, i'm going to be honest. I really don't care too much if this game is over shadowed by Mario Galaxy and i have few reasons for this.

Firstly, the original NiGHTS was a cult classic. If this new game becomes another cult classic then, technically, this fanbase has not lost anything, only gained something new.
Secondly, this new game will still benefit because it's obviously gained hyped just by being announced. I have been from forum to forum and one question that many people kept asking was - "I didn't get the first game because i didn't have a Saturn. Was it any good?" to which the few NiGHTS fans replied quickly with a strong "yes!!". The old fanbase is creating a new one just by bragging on about how cool NiGHTS is.
Thirdly, the fact this game is also on a console that is outselling 360 and PS3 (last time i checked) it will be bought by more consumers than what the Saturn had.

Yes, it will be overshadowed by Mario and other games. Yes, it probably won't reach the impossible selling target that Sega are hoping it will. But, for the fanbase that have stuck around this long for another game, aside from minor things that are irritating (like voice acting, blue-chip throwing or whatever has rubbed you the wrong way so far with this game), we in this fanbase are not losing a lot.

I'm just tired of trying to find the wrong things with this game. Every time a piece of news turns up, from press releases or from our friend at Sega, i'm always left trying to find what i dislike about it. I just want to enjoy the remaining few months leading up to it's release.
If NiGHTS talks, if Reala looks like a retard, if the original storyline has been written over, i really don't want to stress about it and just try and enjoy it for what it is. The fact remains thats nothing will ever EVER replace the original because the original exists in a time and place all on it's own. If JoD adds to that magic then great. If not then we still have that original that gained it's cult following to begin with.

JadeMare

JadeMare

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Goddamn, I gotta reserve this game. o.o

I understand that SEGA's recent games haven't been all that good, and I'm a little skeptical myself. When you're a fan of the classic NiGHTS, it's hard not to be. Some people I've talked to though, even a friend of mine, are way too judgemental of something that hasn't even come out yet! I say give it a chance. After wanting to do a sequel for 11 years, I seriously doubt they're going to halfass this game.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

You know, i'm going to be honest. I really don't care too much if this game is over shadowed by Mario Galaxy and i have few reasons for this.

Firstly, the original NiGHTS was a cult classic. If this new game becomes another cult classic then, technically, this fanbase has not lost anything, only gained something new.
Secondly, this new game will still benefit because it's obviously gained hyped just by being announced. I have been from forum to forum and one question that many people kept asking was - "I didn't get the first game because i didn't have a Saturn. Was it any good?" to which the few NiGHTS fans replied quickly with a strong "yes!!". The old fanbase is creating a new one just by bragging on about how cool NiGHTS is.
Thirdly, the fact this game is also on a console that is outselling 360 and PS3 (last time i checked) it will be bought by more consumers than what the Saturn had.

Yes, it will be overshadowed by Mario and other games. Yes, it probably won't reach the impossible selling target that Sega are hoping it will. But, for the fanbase that have stuck around this long for another game, aside from minor things that are irritating (like voice acting, blue-chip throwing or whatever has rubbed you the wrong way so far with this game), we in this fanbase are not losing a lot.

I'm just tired of trying to find the wrong things with this game. Every time a piece of news turns up, from press releases or from our friend at Sega, i'm always left trying to find what i dislike about it. I just want to enjoy the remaining few months leading up to it's release.
If NiGHTS talks, if Reala looks like a retard, if the original storyline has been written over, i really don't want to stress about it and just try and enjoy it for what it is. The fact remains thats nothing will ever EVER replace the original because the original exists in a time and place all on it's own. If JoD adds to that magic then great. If not then we still have that original that gained it's cult following to begin with.

Exactly. anything Ive personally said criticizing this game in any way pretty much goes away the day it releases. Its NiGHTS 2 for sh!t f*!*ing sakes. Im so excited I cant stand it much longer. The wait is unbearable. This game could be dogshit and Id still play the hell out of it just by what Ive seen already.

NiGHTSfan123

NiGHTSfan123

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
If this game is released as soon as possible I will still get it no matter how bad it is. However if it were to be delayed to a release date around mid-december or mid 08, I would still be happy because everything would be clean and crisp plus there might be more interesting features in the game.

If it was released around or on its anniversary, that would be f*!*ing crazy right there! ^_^

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
November 13th! I reserved mine! ...Although I don't have a Wii.

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
Does anybody know if there's going to be some kind of reward for reserving NiGHTS anywhere? I'd go to GameStop to reserve it and pick up Pokemon Battle Revolution and those promotional posters, so some reward for reserving it would be nice. >_>

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
doubt it. but then again Konami is giving everyone who preorders Dewys Adventure a little Dewey Plushie like they did with Elebits so it would be a neat idea. Sega wont do it though.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Maybe they're releasing it on Halloween. :lol:

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon, Megaman, Yugioh, Sonic, Ranma 1/2, Tsubasa Chronicle, Ouran High School Host Club, Drawing, Photoshop
Sonic Team will have a promo, they always do for main titles... at least, I don't think they strayed.

Shadow the Hedgehog I had a Shadow the Hedgehog beanie, which I still own...

Sonic 360 had a Sonic Wristband, which I bought for 5 dollars at hot topic at least a year before the promotion.

I'd think it'd be a crime to NOT give out a NiGHTS Promo.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
With the delay being announced, I think that maybe they will release a demo on October. After all, couldn't they have already finished a level?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users