Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Finally!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
So on Friday... I FINALLY got JoD! :D About darn time!
I was only allowed to start playing yesterday, with the whole "Wait til Easter because it's your gift" thing. ANYWAYS. I was pretty darn excited. Unfortunately, I only got to play a little bit so far in Helen's story, and it may be a while until I beat it, because school is hell right now.

Just some thoughts I thought I'd share that came to mind as I played...

-The graphics aren't very good at all. Maybe it just looks worse because it's on an HDTV and I'm used to seeing such realistic graphics on the PS3. But oh well.

-Helen seems... I don't know... too robotic or something.

-I really wish Owl came with a muzzle. Really. Shut up.

But anyways. YAY!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
But without Owl, who would exposit? :D

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Yeah, you can't really expect awesome-sauce graphics from the Wii. Or any Nintendo game(licensed or otherwise) at all for that matter. But JoD looks absolutely beautiful on my tv.

Anyways~ yay for your NiGHTSy Easter gift~! I remember my friend had such a hard time trying to find it a couple of months ago, so I'm glad yours was such an easy find~! :3

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I noticed a change in the way JoD's graphics looked when we switched our small (I don't know exact measurements, but um...about the size of the average desktop computer monitor?) 15-20 year-old tv for a nice flat widescreen (I think HD?) about half-a-year ago. Everything looks more pixelated and angulary than it used to be, though that's understandable since my previous tv had such a low resolution in comparison to the new one. NiGHTS's purple tends to have glaring pink highlights that weren't there before, especially around the rim of his hat--It looks like the sun's partially bleeding through his hat onto his skin, giving him pink "shadows" where his skin and hat meet--and this happens on NiD, too. My tv just doesn't like NiGHTS's purple. :/

Owl gets less annoying as things go on. Partly because you can replay through the stages without watching the cutscenes again. Though mostly it's because he stops trying to guide you through the stages by telling you stuff you already know and starts saying things that help with the plot and the understanding of the story. But as for Helen...well, there's no real way to fix her. :D

Congrats on your Easter gift! Good luck on Bomamba, and have fun with bada-- Donbalon :)

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
@Penelopi: Yeah, Owl is less annoying now so that's great. And Bomamba... ugh! It look me a while to beat that boss, but I got it. Almost done with Helen's story, yay!

Oh, and Octopaw is the best thing since sliced bread. <_< Except the missions for it are a little hard.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Yeah those missions take some time to get used to. I still can't get to 900 links. I think my highest was something like 750. I'm gonna have to check.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
At least with the Octopaw missions (and most of JoD), they're very replayable. It's actually fun to chase a flying octopus-thing through a forest! <_<

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Ahhh... This thread wreaks of the memories of immediate post-JoD release complaint threads that were seen all over the forum... Good times. lol

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Ahhh... This thread wreaks of the memories of immediate post-JoD release complaint threads that were seen all over the forum... Good times. lol

This is still more positive than "JOD IS the CRAP HELENS POLYGONZ ARE WRONG!!!!11!!!!!1, " so no worries. :D

So Sapphire, how goes JoD? It's been a while, have you done any more?

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
JOD is awesome! I'm in Delight City, and I already beat Helen's story. I'm kinda sad that it's almost over! I mean, replaying will be fun, but it's always best the first time through.

...and I hope I wasn't complaining TOO much. :D

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Try getting all A ranks and Dream Drops. :P

RedTail

RedTail

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

But without Owl, who would exposit? :D

I dunno, do what the first game did and let the visuals and music do the talking...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

...and I hope I wasn't complaining TOO much. :unsure:

Don't worry. The format of "I got Jod" then a series of bullets feauring one's thoughts is a lot like some of the older topics.

I dunno, do what the first game did and let the visuals and music do the talking...

I know; it was just a joke about how useless Owl is. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users