Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spyro the dragon 1-3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, VOCALOID, the Dream Dimention, Art
Well... Thought you guys might like this if you like the original NiGHTS...
I grew up with these game from as long as I could remember. Spyro like worlds entere my dreams all the time and those are the dreams I remember most. The worlds are beautiful and the music is definitely one of the things that makes the game what it is. The music is composed by Stewart Copeland who was the drummer for "The Police". After the third Spyro game came out though... All the games went pretty downhill. So... if you're planning to play a Spyro game... Just stick to trying one of the originals... And If you've played a newer one... Go play one of the originals. NAO.

So then... Screenshots~
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

HEAH~ But go to youtube and find the amazing music because that makes the game that much more magical. 8P

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'd like to play the first one again. When these games were out, my little brother had a Playstation but I was such a Sega curmudgeon that would only play VERY little. My little brother couldn't take care of his games and all his PS1 games have been rendered unplayable due to heavy scratches.

But I remember thinking Spyro was pretty cool. I'm unsure if it holds up nowadays though...

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Heh. I love those games. Still have the trilogy. Back when I was still a kid I would hold an annual "Spyro Trilogy Play-a-thon" of sorts during summer vacation where I'd play all three games back to back to back until all but some of the "secrets" were complete (you know, like "The Impossible Tower" thing...which really isn't impossible). A giant bowl of freshly made popcorn and a soda and it'd be just me and the purple dude for about a week.

Thus it comes as no surprise to find out that my Spyro 1 disc has the music skip at Beast Makers along with the audio hitching up when breaking those containers that require three breaths of flame. Spyro 2 and 3 have their glitches, but it's not as bad.

As for those pictures, from left to right going on down... (guessing a bit)

Spyro 1 - Artisan's Home - Dark Hallway (Corridor?)
Spyro 1 - Magic Weavers Home
Spyro 2 - Autumn Plains - (Argh. Forgot the name, but it was opposite of Skelos Badlands. Must...bring back...snow leopard!)
Spyro 2 - Autumn Plains - Magma Cone
Spyro 2 - Winter Tundra Home
Spyro 3 - Midnight Mountain Home

It's been years but a ton of stuff is still ingrained from those games. Insomniac did great things with Spyro. Too bad they stopped. So what if he couldn't hold a firearm? Spyro was one cool little dragon. Agent 9 and Bentley rule the list of favorite support characters. ^^

Also, Spyro 3's final snowboarding challenge can kiss the backside of a Luigi statue. You can't even take the shortcut of
Spoiler
. Apparently you're still considered to be in last place. Guess Insomniac didn't think the players would end up there, and if they did they wanted the players to complete the race fairly. Ha! ...something about sandpaper. Beautiful imagery, Hunter. Just lovely. Give us a call when UFOs start attacking again.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Ah cool~ I have a "play through the trilogy" event too once a year~ Unfortunately... I can't do that anymore... My 1 and 3 discs work... Unfortunately my 2nd is broken and the second one I got on ebay has a horrible music skipping glitch which I can't stand to play with.

I also love when alternate music tracks come up~ It's only happened to me twice even though I've had the first game for over ten years...

And... I tried to play through the fourth game... But the loading screens made it unbearably long that I couldn't take it...

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
Ahhh, good memories (and bad, couldn't beat 1's Nasty Knork for a while, stupid lava platforms). Once a year, i have to play the 2 that i do have (1 and 2) and unlock everything in them (yes, that includes the skill points on 2 that were imposible to find out w/out internet)

The only thing that dissapointed me was the fact that they were fairly easy. the only thing that was hard (or at least annoying) was those egg theives (Nah-nah-nahnah-nah)*bricked*

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
I freaking love Spyro. I bugged my mother to get the Collector's Edition some years back, cause my old games didn't work anymore(that, and I had never played Spyro 1. i wanted to know who the hell Nasty Norc was! XD ). My games are still in perfect condition, despite the many times I play it. xD

Alas, I can't really play it now, since my dad took my Playstation memory card so he could play Tomb Raider. .__.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .

Alas, I can't really play it now, since my dad took my Playstation memory card so he could play Tomb Raider. .__.

I will not accept that excuse. My memory card stoped working years ago. Now i play my games through begining to end without a break (exept maybe food, but thats besides the point)

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hyeah~ Do that too~ If I get bored with going through the game in one day, I just leave the PS2 on. After it's beaten, there's not much of a point in saving a complete game.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Ahaha~ I only want my PlayStation memory card back because I have 2 saved files from all three games on it I was working on. My memory cards are like a badge of honor for me, cause I play my games LOTS of times and save the new files over the old ones. On my PS2 memory card, Jak and Daxter has been played over 40 times, and my memory card is sort of a testament to that. X3

My PS2 is an old man thats been dropped so many times, I'm surprised its still working. I'm not sure it will take to a gaming marathon. I think it had a small heart attack when I played all three Sly Cooper games back to back in January. ; 3 ;

That, and I have gamer ADD. If I'm thinking of another game while playing some other game, I'm gonna switch to it. .__. I think I might try a Spyro marathon when college winds down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users