Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Know Thyself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
Okay, so, we though about it and decided we want to share it.
We being me and Katana Grey, it being our fanfiction.

It had all began... back in the 2008, I think, or maybe a little earlier than that. I had been showing some NiGHTS fanart and fangirling about the upcoming JoD game to my best friend and the dearest sister Katana. She seemed fairly interested in the fandom.
But the real fun began when she and I got to play JoD on her birthday. From that time on she was hooked.
When I was telling her about the original game and a certain boss, some way or the other, she came up with an idea for a fanfiction. The said fanfiction was written during 2008, maybe taking early winter of 2009.

The fanfic is currently going through a major process of rewriting - and I must say that's really fun. I've remade first three chapters already, and things are going smoothly by now.
What we want to do is to tell a story about the past of the Dreamworld and the Mare as it could have been. Personally, I want to explore the possibilities of writing about a dream, and have it sort of Alice in Wonderland styled (as well as practice my English, lol).
Katana more likely wants to explore theme of relationships, growing up and out of something, and maintaining a grip on oneself. You'd have her say her opinion later, though ))

So, without further ado - links to the fanfiction:
Know Thyself on FanFiction.net
Know Thyself on DeviantArt

There are three chapters so far, but there's going to be more, I promise )

PS: a beta willing to correct mistakes would be kindly welcomed

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Heh very nice that you're showing this around! If I get the chance to read, as well as to correct, I will do so. Things have been a little quiet around here, haven't they?!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I am very excited to read it! When I have some time, I can try to offer some suggestions. :)

Things have been a little quiet around here, haven't they?!

I guess since the ASR stuff has died down, there's less daily craziness. One good thing about NiGHTS fans, though, is that we never shut up for long! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users