Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wizeman's Worst

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: What's the hardest thing to get by Wizeman? (93 member(s) have cast votes)

What part of the Battle is Hardest?

1. Flying Snowballs (7 votes [7.53%])

Percentage of vote: 7.53%

2. Meteors (4 votes [4.30%])

Percentage of vote: 4.30%

3. Flying Rocks (10 votes [10.75%])

Percentage of vote: 10.75%

4. Tornadoes (50 votes [53.76%])

Percentage of vote: 53.76%

5. None (9 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

6. Never Gotten to/Beaten Wizeman (13 votes [13.98%])

Percentage of vote: 13.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
spawned from the discussion in the 'have you ever beaten NiGHTS?' thread. i personally HATE THE TORNADOS.

... that is all.

ps- EDIT: thank you for fixing it wonderful admins/moderators!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
I've never had that much of a problem with Wizeman. Then again, I go kinda slow with him, so....yeah. I think I got a 2.0 with him once, but I'm not sure.

But, those cursed tornadoes D:! I hate them ><.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
i dont know. i wouldnt know because IVE NEVER GOTTEN TO WIZEMAN AAAH

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I didn't know what you wanted the poll itself to be titled, so I made up one. ^^; If you can think of a better one, I'll change it. But anyway ,I fixed it up and added tornadoes for you. Good, because I say tornadoes!

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
God good, those tornadoes! I've only managed to pass through them once >__<

Lavos

Lavos

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Gah. The torandoes.

I don't even think NiGHTS' head fits through that small gap. >_<;

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Ha ha! Yeah, I used to think it was damned impossible. In my more pathetic times, I would completely run out of time because of them!

Exu

Exu

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:This and that
Tornadoes, for sure.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
from what you say about the tornadoes, i feel kinda glad that ive never gotten there.

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
Grr, I meant to vote Meteors, but voted tornado accidently... They're the most difficult because if you want to beat 70 seconds, you need to dash before they appear and you its hard to judge where exactly they'll be...

oh you need to dash to get through the tornado, as NiGHTS is a little bit smaller then than when hes flying normally

btw, by flying rocks I assume you mean the fireballs? I always took it that he used the four elements

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Grr, I meant to vote Meteors, but voted tornado accidently... They're the most difficult because if you want to beat 70 seconds, you need to dash before they appear and you its hard to judge where exactly they'll be...

oh you need to dash to get through the tornado, as NiGHTS is a little bit smaller then than when hes flying normally

btw, by flying rocks I assume you mean the fireballs? I always took it that he used the four elements

Hmm... drilldashing. That's why I've never had a problem with the tornadoes....

Tyson Toast

Tyson Toast

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
It's always the flying rocks which get me. They always spawn directly on top of me, destroying my chances of getting a 2.0 on the multiplier.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I'm an idiot and I drill dash into the frickin' tornado. XD

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I REALLY needa buy a Saturn and NiGHTS so I can properly finish the game.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
wow this is giving me some tips.....bring on the tips in case i ever get there xD

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

It's always the flying rocks which get me. They always spawn directly on top of me, destroying my chances of getting a 2.0 on the multiplier.

I know what you mean buddy!

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
yeah you have to drilldash through the tornados but i always dash into them too! XD and yeah, the flying rocks i mean the fireballs but i almost put fireballs down and my sister was like "THEY'RE ROCKS." so i put rocks. evil sister D:

and thank you for fixing it! those tornados! grr!

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Tornados are the evil. XD I usually end up in the tornado even if I try drill dash. lol

Angela-Marina

Angela-Marina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
It's the fireballs for me. =( I usually get close to Wizeman, and then he'll hit me with a fireball, which is fine, but as soon as NiGHTS recovers he'll launch another and penalise me for another five seconds. Most frustrating indeed. >.<

I agree with gsk about the whole 'elements' thing, that's what I thought as well.
Fireballs/flying rocks =Fire
Meteors/Large rocks= Earth
Snowballs=Water
Tornadoes=Wind

PS.
Is it possible for you to rename the 'flying rocks' option? I voted meteors because I thought that was the 'fire' option (shows how smart I am). No offense, but both of them sound like the floating rocks that bob up and down.

Feniiku

Feniiku

iMAGNi SPY!

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Drawing<br />Gaming<br />Reading
Tornadoes for me :P

Though I've never had a problem getting a 2.0 on him, despite getting hit by a couple of tornadoes.

Eh.

And the elements thing- never noticed it before but it does make sense :)

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I have never done the tornadoes right. I always miss that little gap! I do great on all the other parts, but the tornadoes are just ARGH.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
I've only fought him once or twice in the last decade, but them tornadoes have always stuck out as an annoying obsticale...

Angela-Marina

Angela-Marina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
True, you think you've got the right spot and then, BAM! You've lost five seconds. >.<

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Ha ha! Seems everyone hates those tornadoes! Good thing we managed to get it in there! :lol:

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
Loathsome tornados! I hates them good! I've only ever gotten through the little gap once, and I'm still not even sure how I did it. >.<

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
i see that these tornadoes are quite bothersome.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
I've always found the tornadoes and rocks to be troublesome... while I'm flying, the rocks just appear right there before i can react.
mostly though, its the tornadoes for me... its hard to see the point at where your supposed to fly through.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Oh yes, the rocks can be annoying as well. I know you're supposed to fly in a variation of over-under-over, but I tend to mess that up.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
I hate those tornados! I'm always out of dash at the end of the stage, so when I get caught I'm already at 69 seconds. There goes my multiplyer...I only just got the hang of them a week ago...
Also, the fireballs got me mad, but I didn't vote for them. I'm right up on Wizeman, pushing his sheild, and he shoots me, gah! -5 Stay on the bottom or top when hitting him then!

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
again, sorry it says flying rocks instead of fireballs, angela. i got confused and just put it down under the insistance of my sister. |D;;

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
<_< Dang, the tornados were the least of my worries XD

I hate the snowballs myself. You automatically grab them if you touch them and they move so fast in the opposite direction that one wrong move completely screws you.

I'm pretty good at navigating the tornados actually. ^^;; *hides!*

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
*gnaws on Sage* How do you do it~? *ahem* Seriously though, for some reason the snowballs were easier for me to avoid. I just wish I could remember how, seeing how I've only managed to actually defeat him twice :P

Sage

Sage

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Books: all kinds of fantasy and science fiction<br /><br />TV Shows: Star Trek (any season), CSI Las Vegas, Knight Rider, Avatar: Last Airbender, various old Disney series (Darkwing Duck and the like)<br /><br />Video games: NiGHTS into Dreams, Megaman Zero, Fatal Frame, Sonic series (including the 3D ones =P), Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill, Sly Cooper, and still more...<br /><br />Music: Pretty much anything, though I'm definitely not big on rap.<br /><br />Other: free form roleplaying, fanfiction, getting lost in my latest obsession, and so much more... ^^
Well, one advantage I have is NOT having a back up cartridge XD. Every time I play NiGHTS, I start with all the default data. I don't know if the attack patterns change every time you play, but normally I have little trouble flying circles around Wizeman. Those snowballs just piss me off because of the ground you lose trying to get free. *grr*

How do you navigate the tornados? There's a tiny space you can fly through at the exact center of the two twister cones. Aim NiGHTS carefully to that spot, and drill dash right through. You should be able to get past it with little trouble. I admit it took some practice, but like I've said in another thread, I've owned and played NiGHTS for 10 years. ^_^ I've had PLENTY of time to hone my m4d m4r3n sk1llz.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I'm an idiot and I drill dash into the frickin' tornado. XD

Thank you! I am not the only one! I am going to miss no matter what I do anyway. So I might as well speed to my doom as quickly as I can. lol

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
I always get stuck on those stupid friggin snowballs. I try to dodge them but it's difficult at the angle, and then you grab them and they spin you and ugh! Never seem to have much trouble with the tornadoes, and the meteors/fireballs only hit me once in a blue moon.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I REALLY don't want to be hit for saying this...but...
I always found Wizeman rediculously easy. Even whenever I used to suck at the game and barely get C's, I got 1.9 and 2.0 every time I fought him.

*ducks in cover*

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
The snowballs.

I was thinking tornadoes, but at least there's a gap in the middle. The snowballs are sporadic eeevils... randomly, fired, large in number and snag you for a while.

I think the tornadoes have caused me to miss him more, but I just hate the snowballs.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Exactly!
I can charge my way past fireballs/meteors, i can dodge almost all the snowballs, i can gun through that tornado 9 times out of 10....but whenever that jammy git spawns the rows of flying rocks he always puts it right infront of where i'm flying and knocking 5 seconds out of me.

All the attacks he uses are shot, unlike the rocks which just SUDDENLY appear infront of you. >.<

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Sage: Hm, I've tried aiming for that space, but never while drill dashing... I should try that out.

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
Yeah, go for the little gap in the middle of the tornadoes - you can just drill dash through it~

Wizeman is eeeeeasy. I think he's a bit of a disappointment for a last boss to be honest. Jackle and Gulpo are harder for me to beat than Wizeman~ If any part annoys me its the snowballs - but that's only on the rare occasion that they spawn to a different pattern to usual and throw me off my rythmn.

And anyways, I always drill dash after him when he rushes past you after you hit him meaning that I skip most of the next obstacle anyways. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users