Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SO who has it?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Just came through the front door. I'm not allowed to play it until DiGi gets home though XD;

*EXTREME MONK LIKE DISCIPLINE*

How about you? What system did you get it for? We got it on the 360 and we'll be getting a DS copy too :P

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I got it yesterday. Been playing non-stop! Just got my Red License!

...360 of course.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Came through the post at 10:30am this morning :P

But I didn't wake up till 2:30pm lol (what? it's my day off!)

Now I just need to wait till Steph stops watching Gilmour Girls and that disc is getting shoved in ma xbox!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I've yet to get a 360... but this should change within the next two weeks or so! (I could get the DS version but I want to be able to get DLC.)

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Got it yesterday for 360. Played for six hours straight. Orange License. I'm really liking Jacky and Akira. Acceleration sucks but goddamn that speed! Kickass All-Star power too.

Better watch your ****ing back DiGi. I'm out to get ya! >:P

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

Got it yesterday for 360. Played for six hours straight. Orange License. I'm really liking Jacky and Akira. Acceleration sucks but goddamn that speed! Kickass All-Star power too.

Better watch your ****ing back DiGi. I'm out to get ya! >:P

Six hours, huh!? I never went to sleep! =D

Though i bought all the music and stages first, the only character I've bought so far is Alex Kidd.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Six hours, huh!? I never went to sleep! =D

I also bet you didn't wake up at 5:30 am the next morning to work a 9.5 hour work shift did ya?

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

I also bet you didn't wake up at 5:30 am the next morning to work a 9.5 hour work shift did ya?

No. But I did have to go up to my school to do stuff.

=(

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
None of the Gamestops over here had it on release day so I had to get it yesterday. But DEAR GOD, WHY WASN'T THIS GAME THOUGHT OF EARLIER?! It's so much fun~! I got it for the Wii(durr hurr T ^ T i need my wii to play other sonic games) and DS. I got my red license today and already playing on expert. Billy Hatcher is my main and my "replacement" for NiGHTS. T ^ T (and as you all know, this shouldn't be).

I don't know who else has the DS version, but NiGHTS isn't in there as Flagman or anything! I almost yelled out on the train "what THE bloody hell?!", but held it in. XD It's kind of disappointing (and curious) not seeing him in the DS version. T ^ T

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
I'm hoping to get it tomorrow. I have to sell some old game to get some money for it, but it'll all be worth it. *Besides, I needed a reason to get rid of my copy of Shadow the Hedgehog.*

Denarssk

Denarssk

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Definitely plan on getting it soon, money permitting. Mah Gamertag be SiruleanFFXI.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Samba Roller coaster stage = Sumo Digital Art Team on crack! Seriously! XD

Holy**** that stage is like @_@ Whoa, and I thought the first Samba stage was trippy, this one made my eyes fall out, so many colors.

This is my favorite stage in the game so far... XD and will probably stay that way.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
One of my eyes is bloodshot to hell from playing this most of the evening. But it was totally worth it. I placed 11th on the Time Trial Leaderboards for that very first Billy Hatcher track. Go me! XD

Is it just me or are multiplayer races a little more fun with items off? I enjoy the havoc items can wreak, but a victory just seems to feel more rewarding when you know you win it by merit of you own skill rather than somewhat to luck. Anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Guess who woke up an hour late for work thismorning >V> hahahahhaha DiGi you dork. He spent all day unlocking about 80% of the stuff.

And yes, the rocky coaster is my fave level too. The UV Oogyboogie voodoo style ghost train bit is goregous! And the waterslides XD <3

edit-
YAY i just got a copy of the DS version from SEGA in the mail! :) Now if i could only get my router working with my DS >.> Stupid security WEP WAP WOOP WARGHHH settings.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
This game is just as awesome as i knew it would be. Seeing all the characters at the end of the Grand Prix just dancing and cheering makes me want NiGHTS in it more, lol. It's missing something purple that ain't fat or feline, lol.

Played it from 7pm until 2am yesterday. Woke up this morning an hour late for work! XD;;; argh

I love it, it's the game i've been waiting for for as long as i can remember. Sonic R on the Saturn kinda gave me a taste of what a Sonic racing game could be like but this is something i really wanted. Cool cars, SEGA cast, mad tracks, it's just awesome!

There are only two things that i don't like -
Firstly, Monkey Ball. I really REALLY don't like the Monkey Ball courses. They're ..well ...just bad when compared to everything else in the game. All the other tracks have a nice flow, areas to drift and overtake and jump and stuff. The Monkey Ball tracks? No skill at all, just a mess. There's no flow to those levels, it's just a mad scramble around really bad turns and hope you don't get shot at or else you'll spend half your time driving in to a wall. Not fun. Never really liked Monkey Ball and now i like it even less, lol.

Second thing, just the variety of the tracks. Not enough series are represented. A ton from Sonic heroes take up the main course list and it would have been nice to see a history of Sonic tracks rather than just one game.
Still, this gripe can be wavered as DLC can fix this. It would be wicked to have DLC of a bunch of other courses from different games.

The things i do like? ...lol, don't get me started. I'll be here all day XD Just a quick list though of a few of the things that come to mind real quick -
- Ryo (he's so serious when he speaks, it's hilarious)
- BD Joe (my main. dude is awesome)
- Amy Rose (if ever Amy Rose needed a point to prove how cool she is then this game would be a point you'd need to use. Her car is styling, i think i've become a proper fan of hers now thanks to her in this)
- JSRF courses (great pacing, love the music too)
- The commentator's comment about Big and Cream. Win a race as Big, you'll see what i mean (innuendo up the wazoo, trust me)
- The commentator's comments in general. There are some real innuendo driven ones in there. I wanna know who wrote his lines, lol.
- Drifting (it works SO well)
- The sunshine engine (the way it makes the courses just go upside down and around and twist and twirl. Just awesome stuff, really epic)
- The attention to detail (the character bio's take little trips down memory lane and it shows SUMO do their homework).

All in all, this game would get a solid 9.5/10 from me. Only lack of course variety and those MUNKY BAWL courses are letting this down.

Oh. And the fact that NiGHTS is not playabe. But you'd expect me to say that, wouldn't you. lol.

Shego13

Shego13

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, and the other Sega francises.
I've obtained Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing two days ago. I have my license from True Blue to Golden Acts which I currently have. I have brought every character,every music,and every track. Two days ago when I racing someone, I felt like I was a mess because I don't know these courses yet, but yesterday I win some races. My friend sonic hero 12345 challenged me today and I doing well. But its not over yet because there's a lot of players out there. I really like this game. I hope that they send us the DLC.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
Just got it! Played for a few hours, won the chao cup, bought some racers, courses, and music. Palmtree Panic and Super Sonic Racing have to be my favorite music so far, and so far. Amy has to be my favorite racer so far. *And Big is faster then Sonic :) *

*Edit* I also noticed some choppy framerate issues on the 360, nothing big but there is a slight slowdown. I also won't have my 360 connected to the internet yet, ugh. So I'll have to wait to play online until summer.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
*sigh* I have to wait until next week to get it :'C man I cant wait to play as Billy Hatcher

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Well after calculating my money needs for the coming month, I found out that I could actually effort the game right away XD Woo! Haven't played THAT much yet, but I think I really like it. Why is it that SEGA games are always totally gorgeous? It really makes me wonder how a NiGHTS track would have looked like... Ohhh I would pay another copy of the game, if we would get to race through Twin Seeds or Winter Spring Valley for it~! But I guess even if we get a NiGHTS track sometime, it would probably be modeled after a JoD stage... Anyhow, my favorite characters thus far are Amy and Banjo-Kazooie. Although the latter seems to have an awkward pace somehow, but maybe that's just my imagination XD

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I wish I had enough money for this, but I'm broke.
I want to play as Alex Kidd. ;_;

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I just found out that I have enough money, so I'll get it sometime soon. :)

Shego13

Shego13

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I've collected all the characters, the tracks,and the music in ASR. NiGHTS was pretty back there when she begins the race.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Just got it a little over an hour ago... Beat some missions (I can never stop doing them until I get top score...)
It's a very fun game... Drifting works well, nice feeling of speed, And the race stays pretty compact so you don't have to drive miles to get back to the front... thankfully the NPC's still pose a great deal of a threat...
Only gripes... announcer... items feel somewhat odd to use (to me) and not so satisfying (but they aren't so powerful that one item will cost you the race which is nice)... Big the Cat... and
NO NiGHTS!!
I await the NiGHTS DLC...

Malan

Malan

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Video games, internet, music, you? ^^
Got it on PC two days ago, the game is fun and beautiful in 1920x1200 @ 60 fps, much more than the PS3/360 version, but NO DLC and NO ONLINE, it makes me very disappointed... a multiplayer based game with no online multiplayer mode is just wtf?...

Anyway, this game is great, I already got all AAA rank, and I'm going to get all songs and tracks =)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
As I've said in another thread, I won't be getting it this month but I will be getting it this year.

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...

Only gripes... announcer

Whaaaa? The announcer is amazing! Oh well. Guess not everybody can have the same opinion, right? :lol:

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
From what I've seen thus far he's greatly improved from the demo, but I still find him sonewhat annoying...

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime
Got it on the 360 the other day though a few little niggles here and there this is a really fun little racer. Also picked up the DS version as well and though its not a Mario Kart DS beater its still good fun but not a patch on the 360 version.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I just got it on the Wii and it's DEE-GROOVY.

It's smooth, easy to get into, and is just plain fun. My main is Ulala, and the graphics are so shiny and clear. The return of Sonic Sez is great, and who can't love Amigo's LSD Adventure? :lol:

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
I got it Wednesday. I can't stop playing it! And, I LOVE the Samba de Amigo levels. SOOO awesome. But still hating how every Sonic level is from/based off of Sonic Heroes. C'mon, who else would have loved to see a Metal Harbor or a Windy Valley level?

Does anybody else have it for PS3 though? I'd like to race some of ya!

Master D

Master D

Lurker

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:games and roller coasters! OH! And Bob (guinea pig).
Well I got the Wii version. My old XBX died so...T_T, but HEY!! it the same thing just not high def and a little bit blocky, but is very very adicting!! If anyone is interested my # is 4469 - 2941 - 6854

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
In my case I got it for the 360 because my PS3 died...
My current main is Shadow... huh...
I tried getting into Beat, Bonza Bros, Banjo, and a little bit of Ryo... But haven't been able too...
Played as Shadow in a mission and flew through it...

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Is there a dedicated Samba Di Amigo fanbase? If so, I bet theyre stoaked. This game has so much Samba fanservice.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
I may not have played the old Samba De Amigo game...
But I'm going to bet that the fans loved what they got...
The Samba De Amigo levels are fantastic!
I'm hoping that there's a level I've yet to play in this game that shows off more of the GG's (From Jet Set Radio) handiwork... hehehe...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I got it Wednesday. I can't stop playing it! And, I LOVE the Samba de Amigo levels. SOOO awesome. But still hating how every Sonic level is from/based off of Sonic Heroes. C'mon, who else would have loved to see a Metal Harbor or a Windy Valley level?

I think Sonic Heroes is the most recent game with levels that are typically Sonic. You have the technofortress, the checkered hillsides, and so on. Final Fortress could easily pass as the Death Egg.

Is there a dedicated Samba Di Amigo fanbase? If so, I bet theyre stoaked. This game has so much Samba fanservice.

I love Samba. You can totally tell that Sumo likes Amigo- his levels are the most crazy, and his all-star move is hilarious.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Does anybody else have it for PS3 though? I'd like to race some of ya!

I just bought it for the PS3! Can't wait to spin it up and start racing!

If anyone wants to add me my psn id is gillwing.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Anyone know how the sales figures are faring so far? To be honest I'm really backed up on games I want to get in general (need funds...) so I hope to pick it up at some point but it may be a while. I hope the game is doing well.

Edit: Apparently things aren't doing so hot at the moment.. : /

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime
Got the game on the DS as well very fun little racer if anyone wants a race my friend code is 1162 1715 3554

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.

Anyone know how the sales figures are faring so far? To be honest I'm really backed up on games I want to get in general (need funds...) so I hope to pick it up at some point but it may be a while. I hope the game is doing well.

Edit: Apparently things aren't doing so hot at the moment.. : /

Yeah, I heard that each system separately didn't even make sales over 25,000 copies in the US. PS3 didn't even get 8,000. I was disappointed! :o

I just bought it for the PS3! Can't wait to spin it up and start racing!

If anyone wants to add me my psn id is gillwing.

Awesome. Mine is silversapphire. I'll try to remember to add you.

Shego13

Shego13

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I have Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing on Feb, 24th. It was a lot of fun, and benn playing like non-stop. As for today, I got every last acheivement including "Top of the Class". The mission Monkey Trouble was very difficult. I tried and I tried and I still get A and AA on that one. But today I managed to get AAA on that mission thus earning me "Top of the Class" because I've finished the other missions and all the other acheivements. Thus earning the "Ultimate Collection". Now all I have to do is to have fun and wait for DLC NiGHTS to compete. I would love to see her compete in the race.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users