Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pokemon movies

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
Anybody actually bother to watch them anymore xD. As most of my friends say, it was good up until 3 and then turned bad. But despite that, i still watch them, just because it would bother me not to :(.

So, does anyone watch them anymore?

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
My brothers and I held on for a long time, but we finally stopped watching them after the Darkrai one, whichever that one was. I just...got tired of the new voice actors >.< And they've been doing the whole "face-off of the titans" too much. It's just gotten boring to me. :/

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i have the first 3 on dvd right in front of me XD i've seen 4, 8 and 9 aswell, but dont own any others, i'll probably obtain them throughout my youth though :P

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I don't recall ever seeing any of the movies after 2000...what a horrible Pokefan I am! I love the first two, though, and I watch them to this day, along with the "Indigo League" episodes of the Anime. :P

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I saw the Darkrai one... And part of the Manaphy one too, I want to say. (No wait I did see all of that). But I haven't been as thrilled with the anime lately because of the new voice actors, yeah... I'm still playing the gaes, though, for the most part. Dunno if I'll buy Heart Gold/Soul Silver though, I'm not sure whether it'll be worth forking out the cash that I culd spend on stuff like cosplay and conventions.

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, VOCALOID, the Dream Dimention, Art
I got bored with Pokemon after all the new pokemon came in. I did rewatch the Mewtwo one, and found that there was this HUGE CHUNCK at the beginning that was cut out of the english dub that was in theaters and all that. It had baby mewtwo and the scientists daughter~ And the Pokemon tears bringing ash to life actually made sense~ 8P

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
I liked them all up to Forever. After that, I lost interest.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Me and my roommate Looooooove Pokemon, I swear he is the Pokemon Master XD we have caught up on all the movies so far sept for Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys but I have an unopened dvd of Pokemon the first movie right next to me ironically enough. Had it when it came out on vhs and I have NO idea where it could be now lol.

leox001

leox001

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
For me, Pokemon cartoons have lost it.

It's not that they "turned bad", rather it is that I started knowing more about the games and the interactive experience, that in the cartoons/movies I end up expecting more RPG-battle stuff, or how to "catch em all" instead of... making friends of new pokemon and the darned "pokemon contests".

It's not that the show or the movies are bad, but I like pokemon for the experience the games deliever, even when the cartoons were the first thing that catched my attention.

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
I've seen every single movie, haha. All 12 of them!

I have to say that the first three movies still have epic amounts of 'charm' in them, though. They were Pokemon movies for the sake of being just that; there weren't as many characters/ story ideas/ etc. as there are now.

The new one (with Zoroark) looks like it'll be darn good, though. Here's hoping.

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
I really haven't seen any of them, but I do happen to have the first one on VHS. Needless to say, I have seen that one about 100 times or so. I never saw any of the movies really since that one, usually finding one of the movies playing on TV in the middle of it.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I got a really nice pokemon deluxe package (came with a poster,magazine like 5 booster packs and 3 holographics etc.) and it mentions an advertisement for an Arceus movie, not sure if that one has been accounted for, anyone know if its Japan only?

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Arceus, Arceus... Oh! Yeah, that was translated. "Arceus and the Jewel of Life". It aired on Cartoon Network here in the US back on November 20, 2009. (Source: Bulbapedia)

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
Sweeeeet I'm gonna try and get a hold of it so we can have something to do some night, I still have to see that and the Deoxys, Jirachi, Giratina, Lucario and I guess Pokemon Rangers movies lol. POKEMON MARATHON NIGHT WOO!

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
The first 3 or so are great. I still watch 'em over again on VHS. Everything afterwards, though... well I kinda lost interest in Pokemon after that. I'm still a fan of the 1st and 2nd generations, though.

LittleBunnyFooFoo

LittleBunnyFooFoo

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:anime , manga , bakeing , art , music , video games , juggling , circuss , animals ,
i still watch the movie's & the anime i just really love pokemon

OvErLoRd

OvErLoRd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Video games in general... NiGHTS (derp), Pokémon, Sonic, Phoenix Wright especially. XD I also love getting outside and playing sports with friends, although it doesn't happen as often as it should~
Huge Pokémon fan here, be warned. XD

Before I watched the movies, I loved the games so much that I was 100% sure I would love the movies and the anime.

Oh how wrong I was~

Even then, I like to watch the movies JUST because they're Pokémon; it's also fun to laugh at how bad the movies can get. I've watched every single movie now, and it consistently amazes me how the movies continue to decline in quality. (I've heard reports about the newest Pokémon movie - the one that's not been released outisde of Japan yet - and how it's supposed to be terrible.)

I've gotta do something about this addiction of mine; pressuring myself to watch horrible movies for the lulz can't be good for me. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users