Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OH...MY...LORD.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I really can't remember the dream that well, but it went a little something like this...

There were this wierd sarcophagus things, with huge claws coming out of the sides of their heads. They would grab people and squish their heads like a ripe pumpkin; people kept referring to them as "Handmasters". Don't ask. Anyway, somebody does something, that I can't remember, and they go away.

Flashforward to a mall. This mall is three to four floors high, with each floor being about 20 feet higher than the last. I'm standing on the top floor, with my best friend (a girl I secretly love more than anything), and there isn't any railing. She's sitting on the edge, with nothing but hundreds of feet of falling death below her. She smiles at me, and I find that I'm laying on the ground, paralyzed in fear (I'm deathly afraid of heights). She looks back at me, and someone grabs her by her underarms (like you'd try to drag a dead person), and pulls her away from the edge. I sighed with relief, but she came back and sat down, legs dangling again. The person came back, and tried to pull her away again, but then my choir leader (an older man that I respect like I would my own father if he were still alive) pulls her back down to the seat.

Then she slips. Her butt just magically slipped out from under her, and she disappeared over the ledge without so much as a single noise. I scream...

...and wake up, screaming at the top of my lungs. Luckily, I was in the basement, so no one heard me. I was paralyzed for a few minutes once I woke up (those of you who are afraid of heights know the feeling), my legs were tingling and my heart was racing.

Does anyone have any idea if this means anything? I've never had a dream that paralyzed me with fear.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Wow... crazy stuff! Sorry you had such a nasty night. :<

On a personal level, I've had one vividly unhappy dream about losing my loved one - to this day it remains as the only nightmare I've had where I woke up sobbing. >_< As far as I can personally interpret, it just proved how much actually losing him would affect me - but I digress.

Now on to you! It could be simply similar to mine, where you're afraid of losing her. But going through my dream dictionary and picking apart certain elements, well, that's really up to you to decipher for yourself. I'll post some POTENTIAL explanations, and hopefully, you'll find some peace after such a frightful event. It's best to consider these possibilities when you're awake, relaxed, and feeling a sort of clarity about things so that you can properly identify what this means to you.

A person falling - wish to be rid of them; or anxiety in regard to what they represent. (One thing I will note that might give you some assurance - you only saw her fall, you didn't see her actually get hurt..)

Buildings - Large public buildings, such as hospitals, factories, public flats, depict particular functions suggested by their nature, such as work or healing. But, of course, if the house or building has a personal connection - the house you lived in or the place you have worked - then you need to define the essential feelings about such.

Getting stuck, unable to move - often being held back by anxiety or fears. (As well, it's not terribly unusual that you felt paralyzed upon waking. I read a lengthy passage in this book that explained it as, basically, your mind slowly catching up with reality. What you felt and experienced was so intense, even though it wasn't real, that your subconscious mind stayed in that mindset, until you realized that the nightmare was over.)

Friend - represents your feelings about your friend.

Pulling - doing something about a situation; positive action or expression of will.

Those are some of the elements, anyway. Just remember, even though it's a dictionary, dreams are by no means concrete! A lot of it is personal interpretation, and books like these seem to link common definitions together and offer suggestions. But it encourages discussing these things with friends too! :3

If you still want my take on it.. well, I can only offer my personal experience. It's the closest feeling I've ever had, anyway.

Sorry for rambling on so! I hope some of this helped you a bit though. And I hope your dreams are much more peaceful!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I don't trust dream dictionaries - I think every individual is the best person for interpreting their own dream. Or else someone who has lots of personal insight?

I would say that it's probably a weird physiological reaction. Night terrors, for instance, cause a person to violently reacting to dreams in their sleep. Once, when I was a small child, my mom heard me making some horrible bloodcurdling scream after being put to bed, but when she came to check on me, I was asleep.
Sleep paralysis is another condition in which case you are basically paralyzed and conscious, but still dreaming - generally the body then kicks up the fear reaction to absolute maximum. (This is a suspected cause of alien-abduction experiences.)
What you experienced sounds related to one of those things. The intense fear was probably a more physical than psychological reaction.

As for psychological meaning to the dream, it seems to me that it stems from a fear that this lady will reject you/your love.

Dark Matter

Dark Matter

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey, waking up while screaming isn't really bad. At least you didin't wake up dead.And at least you knew it were just a dream when you woke up. Somenthing similar happened to me in a dream: i were on a plane, then the door sundenly burst open. My girlfriend were sucked up, and without thinking i jumped after her. I got her in my arms, but then noticed i didin't have a parachute. I fell over her to make my fall softer, thus surviving. I prefer to kill someone than being killed.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
It sounds like you really care for this girl. You are probably afraid of losing her. Maybe even the fear of never telling her how you feel?

And it's normal to wake up screaming or crying after a traumatic dream. It's happened to at least once to all my friends I've asked over time.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
So, apparently, this dream is prophetic or something. Not even a week later, this girl snubs my advances, and I can feel myself plummeting into depression. I guess our dreams prepare us for things that not even we know about.

Edit: By advances, I mean I told her I loved her and how much she meant to me.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.

So, apparently, this dream is prophetic or something. Not even a week later, this girl snubs my advances, and I can feel myself plummeting into depression. I guess our dreams prepare us for things that not even we know about.

Edit: By advances, I mean I told her I loved her and how much she meant to me.

I'm sorry. Hopefully it didn't affect your friendship you have with her currently.

Funny how it seems you can't really find out the meaning of your dreams right after them, because there are so many possibilities to what they could mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users