Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wizeman's Origins

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
We all know that Nightmare's biggest baddie has a mysterious past, but there are several theories at to the origin of our beloved D'Force Master. Was he a dreamer that had not a single Ideya? A demi-god cast from the Waking? The god of nightmares? Or just a Nightmaren himself, spawned from the evil abyss of the human psyche?

I'm not quite sure what I believe as far as Wizeman's mysterious origins, but I'm curious of what you all think.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I think I kinda see him as an ancient manifestation of negativity within the dreamworld, from when it came into existence.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
A Dreamer or Visitor without a single Ideya. He allowed darkness to overtake his soul and managed to become one with Nightmare and eventually had enough power to create his own minions...yadda yadda. The rest is history after he went native and beat The Brain at ruling a world. ("What are we going to do tonight Brain?" "The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world and become the Waking version of Wizeman!"

I say Dreamer OR Visitor because I believe...well here are definitions for them.

Dreamer: one who sleeps to visit the World of Dreams.

Visitor: a temporary guest in the Night Dimension.

As you can see, the definitions make the words differ from one another. ...And yet they can still mean the same thing. With the whole multi-dimension theory, it's safe to assume that Wizeman could have either come from our world...or a multi-verse...out there somewhere. Sticking with what I first said. Much easier. (This was brought to you by insomnia. "Insomnia - we know where you live."

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
The Great Mother made Wizeman.

:P

Lenneth

Lenneth

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Well I've got 2 theories to contribute:

1: Wizeman was brought into existance when humanity began to think about their dreams, and how they are portals to other worlds. Wizeman could have been born out of (surprise) nightmares! I mean if nobody would give a damn about their dreams and nightmares, there wouldn't be much purpose in Wizeman's existance, so it seems at least kind of logic for me. Wizeman would be to represent the repressed emotions in human minds/dreams, like fear, anger, sadness, etc.

2:This one would be pretty similiar to SmashQueen's idea. Wizeman was once a visitor, but he lost, or never had any ideya, and thus his soul became trapped in the night dimension. His real body never woke up, and out of anger that he could never ever return to the waking world, he gradually became mad and twisted and swore, that if he was forced to stay in this world, he would at least make it his own and force visitors to live through the same literal nightmare that had to.

But there's actually so many possibilities how he could have been created. This is really one of the most interesting things about NiGHTS into Dreams, making up own theories how everything could have happened.^^

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Complicated theory time!

Nightopia is represented by a number of things. There are the five Ideya, which seem to be "worshipped" by the Pians in Ideya palace "temples," thus making them the deities of Nightopia. The Pians are not tied to the Ideya, however; they are free to go about their life, but the light of the warm, glowing Ideya provides nourishment.

Nightmare, conversely, is the anti-Nightopia, and Wizeman is the anti-Ideya. He is not warm and glowing, he is cold and metalic. The Nightmarens are connected to Wizeman- they are always being watched by his eyes, and if one dies, they all die. The shires to the Ideya are basic; they have designs, but nothing is imposing. Wizeman, though, has built a grand throneroom and a sunburst collar all in tribute to himself. There are many contributing factors to the "democratic" Nightopia, but only one cruel dictator in Nightmare.

The point is that Wizeman is the anti-Ideya, and should be treated as such. I don't think that he was every human; I think that Wizeman is the embodiment of a spiritual force, much like the five Ideya.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
I just know I'm gonna get bricked for this, but here 'goes!

Wizeman is a Nightopian God who went insane and began to create nightmares. He tried to take the Ideya, but the 'Pians locked each Ideya inside a visitor/dreamer. Wizeman, in an outrage, proceeded to create more than just your average Lvl. 3 'Maren and thus, NiGHTS and Reala were born, thus NiGHTS betrayed him, thus, SEGA created NiGHTS.

And that's where babies come from. *runs from forming mob*

BoREAL

BoREAL

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
from what i see,nightopia was created when the living beings on earth began to have feelings and to sleep,from then on,the feelings of the beings came to variations,thus,creating the bad feelings,when it happened,instead of creating worlds,the bad feelings created a being in the non-used part of the night dimension,this being hadn't a specific shape,when the humans got inteligence enough to try to dominate each other,the being created by the bad feeling started to get those ideas along with the bad energy,the more the living beings on earth hated,the more the being grew stronger,it got inteligence,learned about the night dimension,used a part of it to create its dark reign and tried to destroy the good feelings so it would have power enough to breakits way to the earth,seeing that it still coudn't steal those feelings so easely,it created servants to do that work

i konw,i know,it's too long but it's the way i see it

Masterweaver

Masterweaver

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
In the begining, there were the Archetypes, and forsooth, amongst them was the Wizeman.

Owl, for instance, is the archetype mentor. He probably has the same amount of power as Wizeman, but he can't use it in the same way. He can only use it to mentor people. Wizeman can use his power to destroy all light, because he is Lord of the Dark. He can create shadows, that is Nightmaren, because they are a diluted form of Darkness. And in the candlelight, Darkness is darker, thus his obsession with Ideya.

Darkness in the hears of men in the hearts in the hearts in the souls....

Tails Doll

Tails Doll

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Oh... A little of this; a little of that.<br /><br />I really love racing and NiGHTS, though. :D
Wizeman's just this guy, you know?

The Exile

The Exile

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Wizeman is a manifestation of an Elder God's consciousness.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Wizeman is a manifestation of an Elder God's consciousness.

You WIN for that, my friend.

...Twinseeds is really Arkham.

Veranai

Veranai

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Reading. Drawing. Anime. Videogames. History. Cooking. Baking. Music in general.
Hmmm.... I kinda like all of these theories..... But I always thought he was a visitor with no Ideya, who fell into the black sea. Maybe. I dunno. Now I want to shake the answers out of SEGA. Violently. With much in the way of pointy flaming objects and top hats.

GraceWolf

GraceWolf

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Writing,drawing,video games,reading, and other natural things
Maybe Wizeman was an evil visitor without an Ideya so he actumalated all this negitve enegy from other visitors and then created his own world/dimension where he claimed himslef as god.

Or he was a Nightopian himself. Maybe he was curouis one day when he found the door to the fountain. From there he traveled down the path to the Dark Ocean and trip into it. Insted of disappering the Nightopian gain power from the Dark Ocean and he named himself Wizeman ,and with incredible knowledge created the Nightmare dimension and thus created the Nightmarens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users