Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sega JP Help Desk

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Writing, singing, Roleplay! <3
So I got some help from babelfish.yahoo.com and my Japanese friend Azusa. I've translated the Sega JP Help Desk page, and have as short letter asking for NiGHTS to be available as DLC. You'll need the Japanese characters turned on through your browser to see it, so make sure that's done.

お名前 - Name
漢字 - Chinese Name
フリガナ – Katakana name (make sure to put something! Error code if not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana Copy and paste, if you can't figure out what your name would be, ask me.)
ご住所 - Address 郵便番号 – Postal Code
連絡先 電話番号 – Cell phone number, (It worked with my American Cell, make sure to input your Country Code first)
メールアドレス – Email address
ゲームソフト情報 – Game Software Information
ゲームソフト名 – Game Software Name
対応ハード - Corresponding Hard (Dropdown of the console name)
ソフト購入年月日 – Software Purchase Date
ゲーム機本体購入年月日 – Game Console Purchase Date
お問い合わせ内容 – Inquiry Contents (Summary of complaint)
動作不良に関するお問い合わせ (The game was malfunctioning – we don't need this one) その他のお問い合わせ – Other inquiries (Make sure this button is highlighted)

(Form letter goes here) こんにちは
日本語は私の原語、許す間違いのための私をではない。
私はNiGHTSのファンである。
私達はまだNiGHTSのけれどもSonicの&の何も見てしまわなかった; セガAllStarsの競争。
私はこのゲームのNiGHTSを見たいと思う。
彼が主要なゲームにそれから彼にDLCの特性をしてもいけれ
でなければか。
私達はこのゲームのための購入のNiGHTS DLCによってそれを支える。
NiGHTSがAllStarsの競争に加わるようにしなさい。
NiGHTSを忘れてはいけない。
誠意をこめて、
(your name)

トラブル発生時に接続していた
周辺機器 – When this problem occurred in game

トラブル発生日時 – Date and time this problem occurred

The next page is checking your information. If you get to this page, you have achieved victory.

Accepted application.

I hope this will help. <3 I sent mine in this morning!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Brilliant thanks you :D I was waiting for someone to do this *hugs*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Thank you SO much for doing this, it's another route we can all take. Thank youuuu!

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Writing, singing, Roleplay! &lt;3
./////. Anything I can do to help. I figured that just ranting on my own wasn't going to do a lick of good unless Sega JP saw it.

I'm so thrown that you two actually responded. I'm shaking like a leaf! ><

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, we're not gods or anything XD; There's no reason to be nervous of us.

As for writing to Japan, as i've said else where, make sure we keep things polite. SEGA do want to see why it would be worth bringing NiGHTS back in and going there angry will make them less bothered to do what we're asking.
So, go there to inform SEGA why NiGHTS is important and needed :D

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
You two are just amazingly awesome. And I get flustered quite easily.

I'm pretty sure Azu-chan used the appropriate politeness level in the form letter. She was a massive help.

I think that the ones reading the letter will understand that Japanese isn't our native tongue, purely by the fact that we don't have names in the Chinese characters. I learned that when I was in Japan, most of them will excuse it to an extent for gaijin. As long as no one is going in using rude comments or anything, any errors will probably be laughed off as "Crazy Foreigners!"

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Wow. O_O I can't see the foreign lettering (rackin' frackin'...), but I can tell you put a lot of work into this. Thank you. ^^

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
They also might realize that the message is of foreign origin since the first sentence says that "Japanese isn't my first language." :P

I have to say that I'm a bit hesitant to send this message. The game isn't even being released in Japan and this seems more like technical support than anything else. I would be afraid of it just spamming some confused temp's computer.

But if other folks think it's a good idea, I would say go for it! And hooray to Sylvaria for coming up with an appropriate message! (I won't lie, I can only half-understand it.)

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Yeah, I made sure that they would understand that we were foreign, too. And even if we are spamming soemone's tech support inbox, eventually, with enough messages, they will get the point. Final say of character release is in Sega JP's hands, since it's where NiGHTS orginated. Any movement on this front helps right now. Even if we aren't doing anything worthwhile, at least it feels like it. That's the important part.

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach
It may not get through to them but this would be a great addition to DLC.

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
We're trying, Lost. Even if it doesn't make a difference, we are doing everything we can.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I did it. I thought at first that it wasn't going to let me submit it because I had no Chinese name and improper dates, but it let me put none and n/a in a few spots. :P Sega JP is gonna have fun going through all our mails.

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I went through infinite combinations of inputting in different places. After a while, I just made sure to put None wherever it didn't apply.

I can just see the Sega JP offices now. Japanese customer service worker calling their boss in. "Yeah.. I've gotten 50 if these in the last 24 hours... I think we need to get some of the English-speakers on this."

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I just got an e-mail in response from Sega JP.

They say that it's an English-Speaking Sega thing, because they don't have any handle on this game coming out. Along with a suggestion to turn to the Sega from my area, they say that they don't know how they can help.

Bah, I did my best, but apparently this isn't a route to take.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Good effort, regardless. At least we know it's a dead-end instead of wasting additional resources on it. Thanks anyway!

It's strange how disjointed the continental divisions of the same company are. Maybe I just don't know enough about how those big businesses practice, then.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Heh, well.. even if Sega JP isn't involved with ASR, at the very least they're usually involved with NiGHTS.. was anything in general about wanting more NiGHTS games included in the messages? At least they're responding..

I wonder how often companies get letter writing campaigns regarding a character? Or even just Sega.

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
If anyone else gets a Japanese email, please post it for me. I'd like to see if it was just me.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I got one, too.

平素は弊社製品をご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうござい
ます。

恐れ入りますが、お問い合わせのゲームタイトルは、日本
国外で発売されたソフトになりますでしょうか。

また、お客様よりお知らせいただいている住所からいたし
ますと、お客様は外国にお住まいの方でしょうか。

大変申し訳ございませんが、当窓口は日本国内にお住まい
のお客様から、日本国内の製品に関するお問い合わせを
承る窓口となりますため、海外からのお客様のお問い合わ
せにつきましては、ご案内いたしかねますこと、何卒
ご了承くださいますよう、お願い申し上げます。

なお、ご希望のご案内がされるかは分かりかねますが、
アメリカにお住まいとのことですので、下記にご案内
いたします、セガ・オブ・アメリカのホームページより
お問い合わせをしていただければと存じます。

■SEGA OF AMERICA
http://www.sega.com/?t=EnglishUSA

今後とも株式会社セガをよろしくお願い申し上げます。

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Yeah, same message, Penelopi. Thanks a lot for confirming that.

Mean old Sega JP.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Well i don't think it's SEGA Japans fault, to be fair this is mostly about SEGA Europe. A lot of the Japanese fans want this game to be released over there, so i guess SEGA Japan, although they own a lot of say so on the IP's being used, just have to twiddle their thumbs for the moment and hope that fan demand is big enough. To be REALLY honest here you guys are LUCKY to even have THAT response from SEGA JP as they are usualy quite non responsive in general. I loves me a bit of SEGA Japan, and i know that there are a lot of NiGHTS fans in there too, so hopefully word will get around eh? <_< Keep the faith~
Hopefully something will shine on us eventually.

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Maybe the responses, even if they were bounced, didn't fall on deaf ears.

But yeah, the English-speaking side of Sega hasn't bothered to give me a reply. I guess I can't ask for much more.

Still feels like a downer, though.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah it does a bit, but if SEGA truely give a damn about us and NiGHTS they'll think of something. A company that ignores positive support and doesn't respond to it would seem more than a bit dim. I'm not giving up yet. We should still fight for NiGHTS since he means so much to us ^^/ Stuff like the Banjo leak and SEGA JP's responses just makes me more determined to win this one, lol.

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
*cheers* Totally! Now I'm pumped again!

Is there any new avenues coming available? Or is it still 'pump Sega's inbox so full they can't see straight'?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I think the best thing to do right now is to send paper letters to SEGA Europe supporting NiGHTS DLC. SEGA Europe has a track record of being nice to deal with.

Sylvaria

Sylvaria

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I'll write it tonight and send it out tomorrow, then. <_<

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin