Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your least favourite Nightmaren from NiGHTS into Dreams...

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Lavos

Lavos

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
When I'm going for score, I despise Jackle to no end. 1.2 multipliers KILL. ._.

But as far as the characters go, it would be Gulpo. He just didn't seem to have a personality.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
gulpo just has a "I eat you, you get eaten. got it?" personality to me.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Kinda off topic, but I got a 2.0 on Jackle once. Never got it again ><.

Gillwing is the hardest for me to get a 2.0 on. Grr....I have trouble paralooping his tail D:!

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Dont feel bad NNR07. Ive NEVER done the paraloop tail thingy. i could never do it.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Ah, scorewise I despite Wizeman. Like fighting Jackle, only three times worse since he has that tornado >_<

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
I'm going to go with Jackle mainly because he just plain freaks me out XD
I actually like all of the Nightmaren, though.

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
lets see....i dont like any of them completely for various reasons. except for reala and puffy.

gillwing:I cant ever do the paraloop tail thing.
clawz: is just a pain.
gulpo:is too relient on luck.
jackle: another pain to defeat.
wizeman: IVE NEVER GOTTEN TO HIM

but i luvs reala and puffy

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Throwing Prinnies and playing games.

Actually, there isn't any proof that he CAN'T do those things.
Since he looks so much like them, surely Jackle can perform SOME sort of paraloop or SOMETHING. Maybe he just prefers to fight with cards...cause in my opinion, if I could, I would throw really big death cards at ppl too. :D

HEY YOUR STRANGE YOU KNOW THAT!?! FYI you might know me.

PS. MY LEAST FAV IS NiGHTS. FROM NOW ON IM THE MAIN CHARACTER!

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
passsive agressiveness, post modern, trendsetting, i love it overlord laharl! XD :wacko:

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Come on.. -__-

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hmm, well maybe this will be easy.

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
Let's stay on topic, please.
And remember - All Caps are Bad!

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
.....sorry silkie. *puppy dog eyes*

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Let's stay on topic, please.
And remember - All Caps are Bad!

All right I'll get back on topic. :wacko: but i still think EZEKiAL is full of it he says he doesn't like Jackle yet he also talks so big of him. whats with that?

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Actually there is a strategy for defeating Gulpo. Scoreattack.net has a guide here.

All right I'll get back on topic. :P but i still think EZEKiAL is full of it he says he doesn't like Jackle yet he also talks so big of him. whats with that?

When did EZEKAiL say he didn't like him? He merely argued with Curiosity Inc about what Jackle could and couldn't do. If it hadn't gone a bit out of the hand it would've been a perfectly valid discussion.

If you're here just to start things I suggest you leave.

Angela-Marina

Angela-Marina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
FYI, it is possible to dislike a certain character, and still be able to see their merits. For example, while I don't openly dislike any of the 'Maren (except maybe Clawz because he's so bloody difficult at times), I don't really appreciate Reala as much as other fans do. I just don't have a particular affection for him right now, to me he's just sort of...there. However, I do realise that Reala makes a good counterpart to NiGHTS and that his theme music is awesome.

Besides, he has a good point. While Jackle isn't described as a first level Nightmaren, he does bear a curious similarity to NiGHTS and Reala, and he's also a very difficult boss to beat. My personal theory is that he was a First Level Maren at some point, but then... Well, anyway, that's what fanfic's for.

Oh, and to keep on topic, I'd say Clawz is my least favourite Maren because I hate his exploding mice. Still, I don't hate him as such, I just find him frustrating to go up against.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I'm just so happy that someone agrees with me on the hating Clawz thing. No matter how many times I've tried, I can never beat that God and Wizeman forsaken cat. The second Nightmaren I'd have to say gets under my skin would have to be Puffy... mainly because I've never forgiven her for refusing to go where I threw her and landing on my head. The third Nightmaren I can't stand would have to be those wierd electric dog/cat Jolteon 3rd level Nightmarens that reside in Stick Canyon (I don't quite remember...).

Other than that... NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, and Wizeman rule and to the topic starter, here's some pie.

Loren

Loren

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Puffy scares the carp out of me @_@ so I guess I vote for her. She'll squish you, with opera! The others are all okay, I guess, though I am extremely partial to Jackle. *hides from Puffy* <.<

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.

The third Nightmaren I can't stand would have to be those wierd electric dog/cat Jolteon 3rd level Nightmarens that reside in Stick Canyon (I don't quite remember...).

That would be Gao. The thunder-spewing lion Maren.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Who else hates being shrunken into an itty bitty NiGHTS?? ... :lol: Eeeee.. *Flees*

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
I dunno, Purgs. I actually find it rather humorous. :lol: Just like MiDGET NiGHTS. XD

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

I dunno, Purgs. I actually find it rather humorous. :lol: Just like MiDGET NiGHTS. XD

*lol* As cute as it is, its soooo slow, though!

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Actually there is a strategy for defeating Gulpo. Scoreattack.net has a guide here.
When did EZEKAiL say he didn't like him? He merely argued with Curiosity Inc about what Jackle could and couldn't do. If it hadn't gone a bit out of the hand it would've been a perfectly valid discussion.

If you're here just to start things I suggest you leave.

FYI im not starting anything i know EZEKiAL in real life if u were there he said he hated him while he was fighting him the other day.

next time ask alittle more into it before u go making accusations.

oh and no im not trying to be rude to anyone.

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
True enough; the speed drop is annoying. I'd have to say, I hate Cuttles more, though. I mean, draining your Dash bar to empty? Can't get much more irritating than that.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
My God you're right! Midget NiGHTS was there all along! O_O

I never really cared much about the standard marens... if I'd have to choose one I hate it's those lobster guys that drag you down to the ground... up till two weeks ago I'd never gotten hit by them, now I can't avoid the friggin' things! >_<

As far as bosses go, I'd say Gulpo outright... clever game mechanic... but he's a big fish. His design was seriously lacking compared to the rest of the bosses.

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

My God you're right! Midget NiGHTS was there all along! O_O

I am fulfilled; I have made a significant discovery about everyone's favorite game! XDXD

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Okay guys, this is getting out of hand.
The admins are the law here, so please remember that and respect them.
If you don't like what they say, take it into a PM or contact another admin or mod.

This topic is igniting some ill feelings and that's not what this forum is for.
If we can't discuss this in a friendly and mature fashion, then this topic will be locked.

Let's mind our manners, please.

---
Purgatory here. I agree whole heartedly with SiLK, this topic has been slowly going downhill for multiple reasons. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion, we encourage that. And there is also nothing wrong with an off-topic comment here and there. But when opinions turn into arguments and a couple off-topic comments become all caps an inside jokes, it starts getting out of hand and is no longer fun for anyone. People also lose sight of what the topic was all about.

This is a very good topic and we would like for it to stay open, as long as everyone follows the rules and stays respectful. As SiLK stated, should this continue, we will be forced to lock this thread.

Please, keep to the topic and be courteous. Thank you.

Edited by Purgatory, 21 May 2007 - 10:03 PM.
Purgatory Speaks! >_<

Angela-Marina

Angela-Marina

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Alright, well...I'd have to say that my least vaourite standard Maren would be those lobster things that Sai also hates. >.< Some of the Frozen Bell Maren can also be quite irritating as well.

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net

As far as bosses go, I'd say Gulpo outright... clever game mechanic... but he's a big fish. His design was seriously lacking compared to the rest of the bosses.

Well, Clawz is a big cat. With yellow feet.

I hate Clawz, but it's nothing personal. Just profesionaly. Actually, I like all of them, but they all annoy me.

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Alright, well...I'd have to say that my least vaourite standard Maren would be those lobster things that Sai also hates. >.< Some of the Frozen Bell Maren can also be quite irritating as well.

I'm inclined to agree, though they virtually never manage to hold me long enough to do damage. They're called Kircles, FYI.
The Minions found in Frozen Bell are: Kircle, Snip, and Gao.

In fact, I think I'm going to go and start a couple of polls about Minions; they're too often overlooked.

More to the point of this topic, though, I dislike Hollows. A lot. It's not like they're particularly hard, or even that useful as enemies. But somehow, when playing Spring Valley, I always seem to either 1) get hit by their ridiculously-easy-to-avoid attack or 2) mistake my scant few and hard-earned Mepians for Nightmaren (since Hollow Mepians look so much like them) and accidentally kill them. I have difficulties making Mepians. Call it bad luck, or just bad aim, whatever. But when I'm forced to kill one of them just because it looks too similar to the stupid Minion I made it with? Grrrrr... >.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users