Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So after watching that video

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Hi guys, TRiPPY here.

When we said we were raising the stakes we meant it. We wanted to show you how serious and how upset we are that NiGHTS is not a playable character in ASR.

Burning our merch that has taken years to collect? Excessive and fanboyish?

Yup. It's very excessive. And it makes me ill just thinking about it.

Anyone who's known me for a long time knows damn well I would not mess with the emotions of the fanbase in this way unless i was trying to do something positive.

Making that video was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. We've not slept properly in weeks because of this. Racking our brains, trying to think of how we could prove our seriousness to you.

You know i adore NiGHTS, and this fanbase, I would never put my neck on the line if i didn't have 100% belief in what we are saying. Not with something as big as this.

The merch isn't going to get burnt because NiGHTS is NOT in the main game as a playable character.

If you want to see NiGHTS at all you need to raise awareness of NiGHTS DLC to SEGA.

Understand, we KNOW we are coming off as raving fanboys and this is going to haunt us for a very long time online. But you know what? I will stand up for NiGHTS. I am going to see a lot of negative things online about me and DiGi now. But it's raising awareness of NiGHTS and thus we will take the rudeness. At least we know that we didn't sit back and just let this pass without the NiGHTS fans being noticed.

Right now if you're a big fan like me you'll be feeling hugely dissapointed that NiGHTS isn't in the main game as a playable character. I was too. I was really upset that SEGA could disregard NiGHTS.

But all that can be fixed with DLC. If you all ask SEGA for NiGHTS DLC then this effort and drama will not have been for nothing.

I am not afraid for our items because i know they are safe.

But hey. If we're wrong and next year rolls around and it turns out NiGHTS is in the main game as a playable character?
Then with much regret we burn the lot of it.

DiGi and I are willing to fight for NiGHTS to be remembered. Even making ourselves look like asses in the process.
But we are proud to be fans.

Ask SEGA for DLC.

Love you guys. I'm proud to be your admin. This is about more than NiGHTS in a racing game. It's about the future of his IP.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Are you really going to burn your stuff?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
If NiGHTS is in the main game as a fully playable character in the original main lineup- yes.

But i'm not going to because he's not in the main game as a playable character. So my stuff is safe.

If any of you want to see NiGHTS you need to ask for DLC.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I've already sent emails to Sega (Sonic Team bounced) as part of the sencond wave, but is there anything else that can be done?

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Spread the word.
Tell every NiGHTS fan you know to ask SEGA for DLC.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
AAAAAHH! Just the NOTION of you burning your merch freaks me out.
I was watching and thought you were looking pretty emotional during the announcement and when you said you would burn the merch... GAH! And even the cosplay!

I believe you, of course. Anything that I can do, I will! The word will be spread!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yeah i was pretty upset to be having to say such things. You know how much NiGHTS means to me. And its because of this i grew some balls and agreed to this.

If it gets people talking i don't care.

You can either hate us or agree and support us. Eitherway ask for NiGHTS DLC.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
I almost freaked out when i heard u were going to burn your stuff (i actually got to watch the live and not a re-run)
I believe you completely, and i believe u even more after seeing you willing to burn your stuff over it. THAT, takes dedication :D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Anything to prove and back up a point.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Saw the live feed with some hiccups from WiFi but at "burn our NIGHTS collection" my spine cricked a little bit. Had a feeling it was going to do with burning something after that socks bet...

All hail NiGHTS! Marens fly again! (Too much Crush 40...)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
When the merch was brought up, I thought you were going to say that you'd give away a PaPETCH or something. That's not nearly as intense as burning things, is it? :D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

Had a feeling it was going to do with burning something after that socks bet...

Maybe DiGi was inspired by the SSMB original bet, lol.

Heck I'll still burn my socks if NiGHTS is a playable character in ASR's main game cd. I'd be jolly chuffed for DLC though :D

And as for being extreme by burning it. Sometimes it takes extreme measures to give people a kick up the ass.

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Maybe DiGi was inspired by the SSMB original bet, lol.

Heck I'll still burn my socks if NiGHTS is a playable character in ASR's main game cd. I'd be jolly chuffed for DLC though :D

And as for being extreme by burning it. Sometimes it takes extreme measures to give people a kick up the ass.

I don't know any one that brave! Not even me. The two of you should be heard because of you courage to say what on your mind.

Guest_DaRKNESS Into Dreams_*

Guest_DaRKNESS Into Dreams_*
  • Guests
Damn, what if he's in not as DLC, but as a secret character? I will satill burn mah sutff? Damn, now you got me worried here.

KENOSiS

KENOSiS

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
There's always that 1% chance NiGHTS could actually be in this.
But I trust you guys [:

DLC! DLC! DLC!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
First, I thought you were crazy. Then, I thought I was hungry. Then, I got a bit tired. Then, I was a bit annoyed at traffic. And now, I find myself still believing you because of you being sane people not risking your cred, respect, AND your stuff for flaky sh!t. You're willing to put it all on the line? Hell, I was with you before, I'm still with you now. I couldn't back out even if I wanted to, we're sharing too much musical sh!t. Behind you both, good peoples. You know, I used to think our generation never had any fervor, and never got off our asses for anything. Well, this is one of the things definitely proving me wrong.

BIG THE CA---- I mean, NiGHTS FOR DLC!

Xeriea

Xeriea

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:[adult swim], advent children, aeris, aeris/zero, angeal, angel, angel season 1-3, anime, anthroart, anti-bush, anti-otaku, anti-racism, aqua teen hunger force, avatar the last airbender, axel, axl, axl low, axl/anji, axllow is the sex, ayumi hamasaki, buck-tick, capcom, charmed, clerks, cloud, crack pairings, crisis core, crush 40, dante, darkstalkers, devil may cry, dogma, doujinshi, drawing, edward, evil tv, eyeshine, fatal fury, ff7, full blown rose, full metal alchemist, furcadia, gaia online, gaiaonline, giro=hero of time, guilty gear, guy, hellboy, imvu, incubus, japan, japanese folklore, jay, johnny, johnny yong bosch, jpop, jrock, kill hannah, kingdom hearts, kpop, kuromi, ky kiske, kyle herbert, lady, larxene, legend of zelda, lexaus, link/midna, luke fon fabre, luxord, majoras mask, manga, manga bullet, marluxia, megaman, megaman x, midna, minish cap, neku, nights into dreams,NiGHTS, omnom noming things, reading, Reala,riku, rockman, rockman x, rockman zero, rockman zx, roleplaying, roxas, saiyuki, sanrio, sephiroth, silent bob, skillet, smash brothers, sonic the hedgehog, sora, south park, squaresoft, sweeney todd, t.m revolution, tales of abyss, tales of phantasia, tales of series, tales of symphonia, tales of the abyss, tear grants, teen titans, terry bogard, terry/tifa, the exies, the maxx, the protomen, tokyo majin, twewy, twilight princess, utada hikaru, vergil, vexen, video editing, video game music, videogames, vincent, voice acting, w.i.t.c.h, watermelon bubblegum, web design, wii, winxclub, working designs, writing, x, xemnas, xigbar, xion, yaoi, zero, zero/cloud, zero/x, zexion
I'm with you 100%, I am very upset that they don't include him in a allstars game. That is like Capcom not including megaman in any of the collection/cameo games.

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I actually heard about the merch bbq before I watched the rerun, but still after reading it I was like, "O________O No way... They can't be serious... Holy sh!t they are serious! DDD:" I was freakin out.

You can count on my support guys. I'm with you 107%. Because 7 is a lucky number! :lol:

DON'T FORGET NiGHTS!

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
This video made me want to cry! I think the choice of making it a video was wise because you could see the truth and the emotion in your eyes. But I do have a worry for your stuff. What if this video has the effect of so much buzz that NiGHTS is added in at the last minute, then you will lose the bet. What I hope is that Sega takes the bet into consideration and makes NiGHTS DLC immediately so that he is available at release but not in game.

vincentdante

vincentdante

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
watching you make that bet made me kind of sad, even though it isn't even my stuff and I don't know you guys.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Again, I just really hope you guys' sources can be trusted on this, it wouldn't be quite fair for you to sacrifice all of this just in case "they" mistakenly lead you the wrong way. Though obviously there's a large amount of trust here, so I guess it must mean that there's no way the info could be wrong.

It boggles the mind.. how could Sega.. not make NiGHTS a playable.. how..

Lélis

Lélis

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Games in general. I am a gamer<br />Cosplay - maybe you don't like but I LOVE<br />Sing - I am a good singer, so I like to sing. A LOT (and game music is my love)<br />And everthing that you would like to chat. I am not a quiet person xDDD
TRiPPY...
If I could, I would like to have all the things about this DON'T FORGET NiGHTS campaign...
I will translate that and put in EVERY place, forum, community I can here in Brazil, I will tell all my NiGHTS' fans friends to support this DFN Campaign...I am really serious about it.

I will try to do things with my NiGHTS costume as well soon, and I hope it work.

You are such a brave girl =D
I will support you AT ALL

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
OH, and just in case anyone's actually worried about the impossible chance that NiGHTS is actually in there and DiGI and TRiPPY have been duped by a Sega-conspiracy, I will personally buy a plane ticket at the first sign of trouble, find DiGi and TRiPPY, and take their NiGHTS merch before they have a chance to burn anything...okay, so maybe that's not possible and by the time I got there it'd already be burned in that case, but I WOULD force them to sell the "results" on eBay to get their collection started again, lol.

Can't wait to see what Lelis does with her cosplay. In fact, anyone with a NiGHTS cosplay should take a picture, either existing or new, and label your fan-name and brand it with a "don't forget NiGHTS" title!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users