Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Don't Forget NiGHTS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
616 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I think perhaps move the email to the bottom and say it's unlikely to work but try anyway.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Yeah, the e-mail isn't exactly bouncing, it's just waiting in a huge que. Got an e-mail this morning saying it was 72 hours late, but still trying. You never know, it might get through.

I think we should scour the web a bit more and look for more SEGA E-Mails.

EDIT: Here's another one guys, send away! I'll edit the first post too.

sega.games@sau.sega.com

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Actually, I think I know the reason the Sonic Team e-mails are bouncing. That's Sonic Team USA, or at least it used to be. They moved back to Japan, their offices are no longer in San Franciso. If the have a new e-mail address, it's be .jp or something I'd imagine, but you never know.

Here's another Sonic Team e-mail that might be worth trying, I'm not sure if it'll work as I'm at Uni right now and can't access my websites e-mail, but go ahead.

webmaster@sonicteam.com

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
i tried webmaster and admin yesterday Jof D: both bounced the same as the mail one. I basicly sent a bunch of test mails to see which ones returned and which didn't. I also tried to send a mail with nothing about NiGHTS in it, just to check if it was a word filter, but that was returned too.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Well, the Sonic Team address seems to have bounced almost everybodies email. Which sucks because that could have been really helpful.

I guess i should edit the first post then ...unless people are willing to still try Sonic Team of course. Shall i leave the email address on there or get rid of it and just focus on the PR's?

Took it long enough but my email to that address finally got bounced back. Glad I emailed that pr address.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

i tried webmaster and admin yesterday Jof D: both bounced the same as the mail one. I basicly sent a bunch of test mails to see which ones returned and which didn't. I also tried to send a mail with nothing about NiGHTS in it, just to check if it was a word filter, but that was returned too.

Ah pants. I also got a george.beuno@segaamerica.com, he's the admin of SEGA.com, not sure if that's much use or not.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thinking about it to be honest, steer clear of the SEGA forum mods, community team and admin/ webstite teams. I imagine there's only so much they can do. After seeing all those people spam the crap out of facebook about Shenmue for the past few years, it just looks lame and obnoxious. We've more than enough spammed the twitter thing at SEGA now. Use the #DontforgetNiGHTS tag but don't aim it @SEGA. They already know it's there and have been kind enough to retweet it themselves. They know we want NiGHTS and they know we're here. I imagine they've told their bosses about it (because lets face it, it's annoying).
Lets try to get PR (since thats their job), and higher contacts who have some kind of welly to kick something into motion. No insult to the web teams, they work very hard, but i think we should be concentrating on other targets.
Use the facebook DontforgetNiGHTS group, but dont start spamming SEGA's facebook with 'OMG I WANTS NiGHTS YOU B1ZNATCH3S'. It just looks unclassy XD And i'd like to think we have more class than that, lol. Only bring up NiGHTS in NiGHTS relevant topics. We can make a point without being unorginzed. Otherwise i would have just gots me a can of spam and not asked you guys to email at all when i could do it automated (which is pointless as proper spam just eats the real messages that people may have sent with valid points in).

Just, whatever you guys do, remember that making a company hate you isn't going to get them to make things you want. Be considerate and mature and show them why the NiGHTS fanbase is still around after all these years.

:)

I'll try find out today if that Sonicteam email address is dead or if they changed it.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, the community teams do the best they can so don't harass them. Even though we're probably giving them a headache anyway, unintentional.

Don't bug the community teams. Those teams run the FaceBook and Twitter pages and stuff and we already know they've noticed us on Twitter.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'll refrain from any further contact with the Twitter and Facebook teams. I think I've been getting a bit too active.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Yus, i don't want a punch in the face from AAUK, Martin, Clumsy, Kellie or Ruby since they all work more than hard enough already D:
Incidentaly, if any of the community teams read this- we're not doing this to be a pain in the ass. Sorry, we're just being fans of something we will support and love, even if it means accidentaly treading on some toes on the way. NiGHTS, the future of his IP, this community, all my friends, it means so much to us and I'm willing to put my own neck on the line for that. No amount of telling off would make me shut up. Not until i know that we have been heard and a logical conclusion has been met.

Plus you gotta admit, this is good free hype for NiGHTS and ASR eitherway.

Onwards~

I think I've been getting a bit too active.

Well don't stop talking to them altogether! XD The community teams are there to work with the fanbases. Just don't spam them or send them abuse or talk about NiGHTS in offtopic threads/ways. It's their job to do a whole host of things online, as well as show fan feedback to the company, you can imagine it'd get a little hectic if you're trying to do a freestuff friday or something and people are just sending spammy stuff about NiGHTS. I really don't want to upset anyone, not our intentions. We're just trying to give a show of hands for NiGHTS.
I have a point to prove.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah, ef. I've already given them a headache so i'm pretty much lined up to get a punch when i see ArchangelUK again.

If the Community Team do read this, my apologies. This was not personal. But the higher-ups in your company need to be made aware of just how strongly these fans want NiGHTS and if you're getting caught in the cross-fire then i'm sorry.

Anyways, if i hear nothing by Friday we're moving up a gear. Taking this to Kotaku and all the other gaming news sites. They probably won't post the news but we should at least try push it further than this.
For now, wait until Friday. I'll give the signal to change the gears.

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
That would be awesome if we can get some recognition from Kotaku ^^

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
*yawn* good morning again, peoples.

I had planned on doing a good bit more last night but got caught in some drama and had to leave it for today, so sorry about that. I just wanted to chime in a bit again about this whole movement and where we stand, so you all can draw your own perspectives on it:

* Okay, so now the community teams have taken notice. I was certain they would but didn't know how long it would take, so that's a good thing they're catching on first. I'm sure they understand we're not doing this on the sole grounds of being irritating, even if it does mean they have some extra work to do. I'm guessing we can definitely lay off from them for a bit and move on to other things. Kind of ironic, ain't it DiGi and TRiPPY? You went to AAUK's wedding not too long ago and now DiGi is afraid of getting pummeled! Lol.
* Careful with places like Kotaku, as though they provide some very decent exposure they can rip things to shreds. I'm sure you all know what you're doing, but that's just my take on it.
* Great to see activity in other communities, so keep it up but always always ALWAYS maintain your composure. If even one of us descends to the level of flaming or trolling, it sets a very bad image for all taking part simply by association. If you can't stop yourself from that and find it hard to maintain a level of calm professionalism, just take a break until you can. Otherwise, just come back here and maybe we'll coach you, haha! I'm not calling anyone out on it as I have yet to scour the web looking at everyone's activities related to this, but I'd rather put it out there so we don't trip over our own feet, ya?
* If you find any additional email contacts for people who belong to PR or otherwise, please list them here. It occurred to me that we might need to move a bit up the ladder now. We don't want to mail the same people over and over again and cause unnecessary headaches if we can go ABOVE them, so if someone actually responds and says something like "that's not my department", then ask questions on who to contact. PR folks are the best bet at the moment, but does anyone have ideas about who their go-to people would be should something be above their heads? The less people this mail has to be passed through within Sega, should they even pass it around, the more likely a message will come through intact.

Good luck, everyone, and keep it up.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I understand the risks about going to news website with something like this, it could ruin the campaign. This is partly why i'm holding out on not having to go to that length. We'll see what happens this week.

As for email addresses, there's always someone who knows someone elses email address. There are ways in which i could possibly get someones email address but the method is a bit seedy and as much as i love a bit of 'i scratch your back, you scratch mine' deals i don't want this campaign to become entangled in shady goings on. It's a last resort for me to find someones email address via those methods but i'll do it if there's nothing else left.

IF anybody does come across an email address that is useful to us then consider yourself to be a stepping stone in the campaign should the address prove active and useful. If you're a bit scared to speak about the address in this topic PM me and i'll keep our talk confidential.

At the end of the day, i'm trying to move this campaign forward and if SEGA fail to respond by Friday i'm going to have change gear and we need to try something else.

So, for this week, we should be thinking about -
- what other email address we could possibly get
and
- if Friday comes and we've not heard anything we should have something to up our game with, so think of things we can do to promote the campaign.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Haha wow, this couldn't have been a featured article at GamesRadar at ANY better time!

Behold: 8 Reasons Why Fanboys Deserve Some Respect

Not that I'm calling us fanboys or fangirls, but let's face it, it's a stigma. You can't spell "fanboy" without "fan". Funny and very true at times.

Edit: I'm not picking anyone apart here, though I enjoyed the article and am obviously still for this cause, but take some caution in reading and realize when you step into that stigma of fanboyism. NiGHTS! WOOO!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Hahahahahah I'd say I'm on the Suicide Bomber scale XD;

IM A FANBOY AND DAMN IM PROUD.
89.6426% of me agrees with the above statement. BUT YOUR ALL WRONG >:D

*burns a playstation*

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ah, hell. I'm beyond the 'fanboy'.

I'm a damn visionary and I AM LEGEND ...got zombies everywhere and sh!t. S'crazy right now.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I had a dream that I was on stage in a huge theatre giving a monologue about supporting NiGHTS. :D

Not that I'm calling us fanboys or fangirls, but let's face it, it's a stigma. You can't spell "fanboy" without "fan". Funny and very true at times.

There's nothing wrong with being a fanboy! I passed that mark about 10 drawings, a movie, and a costume ago. :P

*burns a playstation*

*Stomps out the fire*

How will you play the NiD remake now?!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
It was a PS 1 ;P

MADAMOiSELLE

MADAMOiSELLE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, nerdy things in general...
I am just dying to draw a pictire of NiGHTS with an 'out of a job' sign around his neck; however my artistic flair is pretty appalling. Actually, I'm not that bad at drawing but I really don't think I'll be able to pull it off...

waterhope

waterhope

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
I'm just really glad that I have a art teacher that help me. Took me 4 days to do this.drawing

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Here's a little old school blues song I wrote and performed to support the campaign. Rate, favorite, and comment, please! :)

Darkisis

Darkisis

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Man, I have to step up my game in helping NiGHTS! This is the pefect timing! *gets to work* Alright, I sent 4 emails and now I'm going to try brainwashing my friends into liking NiGHTS and helping us out... hm... that won't work. HEY, WAIT. Isn't NiGHTS a true Sega AllStar?! The fact that they might be leaving him out is ridiculous! They still have his games on the front page of Sonicteam.com Japan(long story how I ended up on that site). However, I'm not suprised.... Sega IS a real cash hogger... they ditch the things that they -think- don't pay.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Posted Image
Heh heh. Link's a bunny.
Seriously though, NiGHTS not in ASR is like The Corpse Bride without Bonejangles, or Wizeman deciding to holding a tea party.
It isn't right people.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I find it amazing how many people from the forums I've become friends with on facebook since this campaign started! XD

juice hedgehog

juice hedgehog

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it'll be a huge mistake if SEGA neglected NiGHTS in the game, and even a bigger one if they neglected him for good!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

it'll be a huge mistake if SEGA neglected NiGHTS in the game, and even a bigger one if they neglected him for good!

I don't think SEGA will ever neglect NiGHTS while we're around. As long as we stay strong together, NiGHTS won't be forgotten about any time soon. :P

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
It isn't directly related to the campaign but I did a survey for PlaySega.com today (I signed up for the USB Saturn pad) and for a suggestion, I said I would like to see a game with NiGHTS, since it is one of my favorite Sega properties.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Uping the gears tomorrow night. Next level of this campaign, i'm raising the stakes and people are going to start believing me.

Catch our live broadcast tomorrow at 8pm GMT at www.livestream.com/imagni

Tell anybody and EVERYBODY who doubted this campaign to come watch the live broadcast.
It will be recorded and played on loop afterwards for a few days but try to make the live showing.

Dont Forget NiGHTS, let's bring him back into the game.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
I'm gonna do everything I can to see the broadcast on time. Sounds like some stuff that shouldn't be missed.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Holy crap, DiGi i just read your idea and it is GENIUS. O___O if this gets around the main news sites people are gonna ask for NiGHTS up the wazoo! Even people who aren't fans XD;;;;

ohgodiloveyou
xxxxx

GUYS. SERIOUSLY. WATCH THE SHOW TOMMOROW.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yup. It could be a turning point in getting people to trust me.

Hell, it could be a turning point in the whole campaign.

Tomorrow 8pm GMT www.livestream.com/imagni

We're not f*!*ing about ^__^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I get a feeling SEGA are going to be hearing about NiGHTS for a very long time *lmao*

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
lol Now I REALLY wanna watch the show! XD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

It was a PS 1 ;P

Ok then! *Tosses more matches onto the fire*

This had better get some results. I don't like it when hard work is all for nought. :P

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
How do i get that banner on my signature?

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

How do i get that banner on my signature?

For the big one:
[img]http://www.nightsintodreams.com/wp-content/uploads/image/savenights.png[/img]
For the small one:
[img]http://www.nightsintodreams.com/wp-content/uploads/image/savenightssmall.png[/img]
Copy and paste either one (or both :angry:) into your sig.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
: -) yeah i don't mind people using direct link urls to banner graphics here.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
Gosh, all this talk is getting me excited, I'm glad I'm gonna be home all day tomorrow, at least i plan to be.

MightytheArmadillo

MightytheArmadillo

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Video games. :)
Yes, I posted this on the SEGA forums. But some aren't members there, so...

This goes out to all who don't think NiGHTS is in this game:

Posted Image

I've mentioned before that I'm a NiGHTS fan, and I'm here to help out the cause. But all this doubt some are releasing is hard on some. DLC shouldn't be a possibility for someone of this much popularity. Try to have a little more faith in his game roster inclusion, please? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users