Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nightmares involving NiGHTS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Yeah i figured it'd be an idea to have a topic to talk about bad dreams that involve NiGHTS in some way, since most people go on about flowery happy puppy filled dreams involving him. Decided to start this because i had a nightmare for the first time in over a year lastnight. I rarely have scary dreams, and if i do i know how to handle them easily, sometimes even getting a good laugh out of my head trying to scare me, but this was an upsetting *cri cri* depressing type dream.

It started off with DiGi and I at a community event at SEGA (in a house), but it was crossed over with a physical version of these forums because a lot of you guys were there. There was video walls and TV's everwhere playing the latest halloween video for Allstars racing. Some were in slow mo and some were showing other trailers for the game. I think it was either Jof or Jax who shouted us over to one and pointed out one of the characters racing was NiGHTS but nobody had bothered to unveil him like the other characters were. It was like he was an afterthought, but that wasn't the really horrible part, the horrible part was that he was barely recognizable as himself. It took us rewinding and pausing the video to discover he was supposed to be NiGHTS because of the colors on him. It turned out that SEGA had completely redesigned NiGHTS into this ugly short weird little top hat wearing cartoony guy, who sort of looked like a cross between a turnip/pumpkin and that old 80's character POB. And we were all confused as to why SEGA would make NiGHTS look this way since we'd all been really really wanting to see him in the game. AAUK was there (it was at his house for some reason?) and he explained to us that SEGA had redesigned NiGHTS so he would sell better to young gamers. Comparing it to WindWaker cartoony Link. I seem to recall pians too but they looked like those jumping coffee beans from that scary advert i seen at the cinema lastnight involving a big floating african mask head *lol*

Anyway. I got upset, tried to hide my dissapointment by saying how nice the other characters looked, but DiGi was ultra pissed and ended up causing a scene. He got asked to go out to the corridor with Arch. I joked that my opinion didn't matter. Then DiGi came back in and told me to get my bag and my coat because we were leaving. We were being 'evicted' from this event and community because we weren't happy what had been done to NiGHTS. DiGi and i ended up walking in the rain down the street to a cafe (must've been thinking about Algernon thread lol) and we generaly sat there being angry and upset. NiGHTS turned up and we sat talking about what we could do as he thought his redesign sucked big ones too. DiGi had a bit of paper on the table and he was trying to write a list in the rain of what he could do to help but the pen kept smudging and he just ended up crying his eyes out. I was trying to keep their spirits up but DiGi was angrybawwing and NiGHTS was just really quiet and frustrated. It was like we were just all out on our luck and there was nothing anyone could do to fix it. It felt HORRIBLE. I mean usualy when I'm around NiGHTS in dreams it doesn't always feel great anyway because he makes people feel on edge, but this was just like exuding EMO VIBES. I remember getting a bit pissed off myself and saying there was only so much i could do and that things out of dreams worked differently and that i didn't know how to help. I stood up and looked directly at NiGHTS, like focally(?), got a fright and woke up in one of those horrible cold sweats where you can hear your heart thump in your head. It was really early in the morning probably about 4-5 am i'm guessing. Wanted to wake up DiGi and talk to him just incase he was having a similar dream.

Despite the fact i know it's not real and NiGHTS isn't being redesigned into a growth stunted turnip headed man its still been making me feel really sad in retrospect today. I hate it when dreams feel too real and you forget that your just dreaming... like you're 100% lucid but whatever is going on in the dream scenario seems believeable at the time because everyone around you is caught up in it.

I should draw the hideous crappy character he was redesigned into XD;

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i had a nightmare the other day about thousands of mini queen bella's about my house, it was horrible D: so i woke up and searched the house for any spiders lol

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I seem to recall pians too but they looked like those jumping coffee beans from that scary advert i seen at the cinema lastnight involving a big floating african mask head *lol*

:P

Do explain.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
This one's sad, and may be Surprising.

I dreamed that Wizeman had an evil plan to get NiGHTS out of his way for good. He sent Jackle to kill NiGHTS and His best follower... And that was actually our own TRiPPY....
Jackle Captured NiGHTS and TRiPPY, and sent them to the guillotine and *CHOP*

At the funeral for both of them, I saw DiGi, Claris, Elliot, and 3 pians. DiGi was Crying like crazy. There were sad pictures and Memorials of both of them.

When I woke up, I immediately checked the forums to see if there was any sad news...

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
A few months back, I recall meeting Wizeman in one of my dreams. I was a nightmaren, and he was ordering me to go out and kill NiGHTS. I wouldn't, so I tried to fly away, and he ordered a bunch of other maren to kill me. They chased me down and finally had me cornered. Then I forget the rest.

Sand3

Sand3

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I get frustrated about flying now and then. Half the time I have trouble getting into the air. I have to hop and then sometimes I'll land right back down on my feet and sometimes I'll come down a little from the hop and then stabilize an inch or two off the ground, then I can take off. The problem is that I always seem to have difficulty with altitude. A lot of the time it's that I can't seem to get more than about six or seven feet up (and sometimes there's a ceiling there and that just makes it worse) and then I have my monster-of-the-week style antagonist trying to grab at me (they're always land-bound) and they never do successfully catch me that way, but it's always this constant effor to try and bob back up out of their reach. I think it relates to my issues with swimming. I don't float. I've had a lot of swim instructors and camp councilors tell me 'everybody can float!' and do the whole lay me on my back and slowly take away their arms and watch me sink and then say '... That's not supposed to happen.' So, because of that, swimming has always been a lot of struggling to keep my head above the water, and I think that's transfered through in my dream-flying into a similar struggle with always just barely managing to stay the minimum safe-distance above the ground. The other thing there is my feet, I have a terrible time keeping my feet up when I swim and I also have so much trouble trying (and failing) to keep my feet up when I fly, so I hover in a vertical position like a ghost rather than zinging around.

So the flying thing is the source of most of my upset in NiGHTS-themed dreams. When I'm flying, it muddles about whether I'm me, NiGHTS or another random nightmaren-thing, most of the time. Sometimes there's just something kind of annoying going on on the ground that I'm trying to avoid (the monster-of-the-week thing) and sometimes it's really scary. Last night it was kind of halfway between. I also turned into a cat in the last bit. *shrug* Last night was also one of the dreams where I need assistance to fly, in this one I had to ballance on a pilate-ball, if I wanted to get more altitude, I had to ballance on two... Well, anyway, I guess I'm rambling. But that's the upsetting part of my NiGHTS dreams in general, the struggle to stay afloat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users