Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Was there a NiGHTS anime?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
I actually liked Sonic X when I obtained the original Japanese dialog. I saw that before the dub came out, then of course I was disappointed by how butchered it was. There was no reason to change the music among other things...

So while i would adore a NiGHTS anime, I wouldn't trust anyone who wasn't a die hard fan of the games to have anything to do with it.

I would like to see a fan made animation or flash series, though.

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I would like to see a fan made animation or flash series, though.

That is possible. I have Anime Studio Pro and other things... I'm just lacking ideas. D:

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS into Dreams (duh), fishing, hiking, NiGHTS, GillWing, dragons, chickens, beekeeping, walking, swimming, dreaming, psychology, bones, robotics, voice acting.
I'm sure that we're capable of cobbling together a suitable storyline.
Some of my roleplays with various friends have had some nice plots.
How much work would it be to animate though?

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

That is possible. I have Anime Studio Pro and other things... I'm just lacking ideas. D:

Funny, I have Anime Studio, too <_<! But, exporting it as a .swf is a pain in the butt, and creating a character involves spending a lot of time fixing errors easily made, sometimes for little to no reason D:!

Here's some really quick stuff I made with it, anyway. Notice how strange and non-proportionally correct NiGHTS is D:!: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/538632...me+-in%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/536418...me+-in%3Ascraps

Anyway, as soon as I can recreate the NiGHTS model for Anime Studio that I lost (and make a better looking version in it that looks like I did it with photoshop), I'm free for animation.....

Kichigai

Kichigai

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
A group project would be awsome. It depends on what's going on in the scene. If I had a short idea to work with I could see how well I can handle it. Currently my mind is creating nothing but brain farts.

All I ever created with the program was this thing. Not much saying since it's just 3 frames repeating. D:
Posted Image

...But in reality I don't have the time right now to settle down and help out in a group projects. I have so many bills I need to pay off so I'm working overtime. ;~; You guys could always still work on an idea and just throw it in my direction.

Funny, I have Anime Studio, too <_<! But, exporting it as a .swf is a pain in the butt, and creating a character involves spending a lot of time fixing errors easily made, sometimes for little to no reason D:!

Here's some really quick stuff I made with it, anyway. Notice how strange and non-proportionally correct NiGHTS is D:!: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/538632...me+-in%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/536418...me+-in%3Ascraps

Anyway, as soon as I can recreate the NiGHTS model for Anime Studio that I lost (and make a better looking version in it that looks like I did it with photoshop), I'm free for animation.....

Are you drawing with vectors? I find it easier to draw the body parts in photoshop and import them as PNG files. You can put them in seperate layer folders and assign them to bones to morph. @w@ If you have questions about the program you can note me via DA.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Are you drawing with vectors? I find it easier to draw the body parts in photoshop and import them as PNG files. You can put them in seperate layer folders and assign them to bones to morph. @w@ If you have questions about the program you can note me via DA.

Well, I don't have the Pro edition ><. Just normal. I'll try that, but I think I have problems with doing it without vectors. But, then again, I'm probably thinking of something else to do with the Photoshop scripts. I'll try that, thanks <_<!

And, also..... you might be interested in this. So far we're only rounding up people, an actual animation idea won't start for a few weeks.: http://feniiku.deviantart.com/journal/12773725/#comments

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Of course, real life comes first.
Sorry that I can't herlp you yet, Nova. I just ordered a batch of chicks, and that set me back pretty badly <_<

I'm curious now, where can you get this Anime Studio? And how overpriced is it?
I'd love to play with it.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Looks like the program will set you back about $200.00. Here's a link to the site that makes it so you can read all about it.

Anime Studio Pro

The website offers a free trial of the program so that's a good thing. ^^ A fanmade NiGHTS anime would be neat I think. <3's~

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Of course, real life comes first.
Sorry that I can't herlp you yet, Nova. I just ordered a batch of chicks, and that set me back pretty badly :P

I'm curious now, where can you get this Anime Studio? And how overpriced is it?
I'd love to play with it.

I got the Normal, non-Pro version offa Amazon. It's $50 for non-Pro, about $200 for Pro O.o!

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
Well I'm certainly no pro. . . .
Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will order a $50 dollar plush commission XD
Hey if this life sized doll works, I'll trade it for the pro version or one of those manga programs. . . okay I digress.

I'll look into it!
You never know, maybe the school can buy it. I can access school computers from home :P

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Well I'm certainly no pro. . . .
Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will order a $50 dollar plush commission XD
Hey if this life sized doll works, I'll trade it for the pro version or one of those manga programs. . . okay I digress.

I'll look into it!
You never know, maybe the school can buy it. I can access school computers from home :D

Didn't you say you were going to sell your Jackle plush for $50 or something? I think I might want just that. I need to think about it some more though. I was going to have someone make me a Jackle hat...but without the rest of the outfit, I think it is pointless.

Anyway, I have always wanted to see someone draw a fan made NiGHTS anime or even a Flash. But I can understand that it is hard work and really time consuming. Maybe you don't need to do a long storyline NiGHTS thing. I would be happy to see something thats like a music video. Something...I don't know. Its and idea. If I had talent I would help...but I don't.

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
That was correct, Yami.
Of course, I'll add Jackle's feet before I actually sell him though.

I was thinking of a one shot special, something that happens in the middle of some non-existing series, maybe.
We could even add a fake recap of the last episode XD
I'm feeling creative, I think I'll start jotting down some ideas.

If anyone else wants to do the same, please do!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

That was correct, Yami.
Of course, I'll add Jackle's feet before I actually sell him though.

I was thinking of a one shot special, something that happens in the middle of some non-existing series, maybe.
We could even add a fake recap of the last episode XD
I'm feeling creative, I think I'll start jotting down some ideas.

If anyone else wants to do the same, please do!

XD Hmmm.... that sounds like a good idea ^-^! I'd like to do something along the lines of that ^_^!

PurpleKOGA

PurpleKOGA

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Of course, I am a big fan of NiGHTS and I like SEGA in general too. I also like net surfing, anime/manga and I wish to create my own graphic novel sometime.
If NiGHTS had an anime, it would probably have to be based more around Elliot and Claris/ Kevin and Helen and how they cope in the world with the secret of being a flying purple jester, that's how I imagine it. And there probably wouldn't have been lots of episodes.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
@Kichigai: I tried that technique with the PNGs, it worked :blink:! I had no idea I could do that @-@! Thanks ^^!

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

If NiGHTS had an anime, it would probably have to be based more around Elliot and Claris/ Kevin and Helen and how they cope in the world with the secret of being a flying purple jester, that's how I imagine it. And there probably wouldn't have been lots of episodes.

Ooh, I like that idea!
The kids are only the stars of the games, after all XD
Yes, I like that very much. It would make it easier for viewers to relate, too.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
Go go go go go go go go!
Gotta fly high!
Gotta fly high!
Gotta fly higher higher higher higher higher!
Flyin' in the stratosphere,
Even though it's been ten years,
The barrier is finally breaking;
Entered the World of Waking;
And with all the time it's taking...
Better hope NiGHTS isn't flaky!
Don't blink,
Don't think,
just fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly!
Na naaaa nanananananana!
Na naaaa nanananananana!
NiGHTS! He's flyin' high!
NiGHTS! Girl or guy?
NiGHTS! He's more than he seems,
So watch out...
For NiGHTS into Dreams!
Gotta fly high! NiGHTS!
Gotta fly high! NiGHTS!
Gotta fly higher higher higher higher higher!
(go go go go go go go go)
NiGGGGGGGHTS into Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeams!
Gotta fly high! Gotta fly high!
Gotta fly higher higher higher higher...
NiGHTS into Dreams!

CORNSiLK

CORNSiLK

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
I sure hope that's not the theme. NiGHTSX XD
NiGHTS needs something with a hazy feel to it, trancey maybe.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
XD Suddenly I wanna make a joint-produced NiD anime/animation. Out of the blue. XD

Seriously, this sounds like a good idea ^-^! But, I would work on a NiD anime, but I'd prefer to wait until Feniiku finishes her NiD tribute animation (I'm part of the animation staff, technically.).

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

I sure hope that's not the theme. NiGHTSX XD
NiGHTS needs something with a hazy feel to it, trancey maybe.

Yeah, I've always preferred instrumental music, myself.

We all seem to have agreed that the characters in NiGHTS are better left vague -- expressive, but without dialogue. The same should go for the theme song.

Still, Zeke, very funny.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Cute song Zeke! <3's~ Heheheh I like it, it made me smile. X3

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I managed to hear Zeke's song to the tune of Power Rangers XD Dear gods...

I agree with SiLK and Curiosity, the song should be vague or instrumental, with a hazy/dreamy feeling about it.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
It'sssssssssssss...the hazy NiGHTS theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme soooooooooooong...
It'sssssssssssss...the mysterious NiGHTS theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme sooooooooooooooooong...
*that goes on for about 5 minutes*

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
If there was a NiGHTS anime, everyone here would know about it.

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
No,I don't think so.But hey sometimes when people release a game a T.V show might spawn after it,maybe NiGHTS:Journey of Dreams will be NiGHTS sporting chance of getting a show.

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
I have an idea! Why don't we all make NiGHTS... ASPLODE! No, seriously, I have an idea. Somewhere, in this... stupid.. cabinet.. BOOM! AGGGGH! I wrote something a while back that was based on the game, but had some new stuff in it... It's in my room somewhere. I thought it was good, but what do I know, right?
THE THEME SONG WILL BE MUFFINS!

Ladyascar

Ladyascar

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic , art, the music, computer games and animals
I can't see the image T.T

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
9 times out of 10 it will fall in the hands of 4Kids.

Scary ain't it.

Ladyascar

Ladyascar

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Sonic , art, the music, computer games and animals
That there was an image T.T
I saw various years ago

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
Well,That would be great,but remeber sonic's anime attempts *sonic the hedgehog,Sonic Underground,Sonic X *ugh** well i would hate to see what they would do with NiGHTS,if they ever did a NiGHTS anime,lets not hope its like the NiGHTs Archie comics *which are available to see at the comic section of the NiD Site* well,that would be horrible,and that would lead a rip in NiGHT fans *ones that beleive the anime is right,and ones that beileve the games right* just like what happend to sonic *although said on the sonic-cult site, SONIC HAS NO STORYLINE AND NEVER DID!,nuff said* but NiGHTS does,so it would get confusing with a anime,and a schism *rip* in the NiGHTS Community and then all chaos would break out! *OMG! HERE COME THE ANIME NiGHTS PEOPLE! RUN!* *gets stampeded* :)

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
EZEKiAL's intro lyrics remind me of the Angry video game nerds parody of the Nintendo power commercial, seen here.

E: it starts at about 1:00

JAZZ-man

JAZZ-man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
if 4kids got their sticky hands on it im sure they will kill it. i know these kinds of things what makes you think i am nightopias greatest writer

oh and also *flips Sonic off then beats him up* thats for making a jerk out of yourself and making NiGHTS forgotten. like i said 4kids would use a crazed theme EZICAL said (did i spell his wrong? if i did sorry)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I want an anime, but only if I'm the writer, k? I can create uber NiGHTSness.... and only if I'm not working for 4Crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users