Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ripping cut-scenes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Sand3

Sand3

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I want to rip the cut-scenes on JoD for a music video project but I don't actually know how to do it... Has anybody done it, do you know a tutorial for it or do I just have to boot it into an emulator and run a video-capture on my screen?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
My best friend in college was into making fan music videos and she used a product called "Dazzle" which is designed specifically for video capture. I've seen videos on YouTube of video games being played with Dazzle, so I think it's probably the safest choice for recording video. I think it runs about $100 though.

I don't know of any way to do it without special hardware though.

Envy

Envy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Might I suggest easycap? It's much cheaper than dazzle and easycap does record great quality videos when you have it on the right settings.

Here's a tutorial for the set up: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

One to get the best quality:

And a link to buy it: http://www.amazon.co...-...0085&sr=8-4

You do need a few extra splitters and cables (as shown in the set up video) in order to play the game on your tv while you record, but it's not necessary if you just want to record the cutscenes.

I was going to record all the JoD cutscenes myself, but I have almost an entire Breath of Fire DQ playthrough to record still and like 30 cutscenes to record from Star Ocean 4, so I don't have the time.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
If you're just looking for the FMV's and not the in-game cut-scenes then you can download them here on the site.

I captured them using a Pinnacle USB capture device.

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.
What I've always done is hook up my video camera to the video output thingies on my VCR with the game system hooked up to video input. Video camera in VCR mode and simply record the footage. There is the extra step of getting it from camera to computer, but it's simple and if you already have a video camera you don't need to buy anything else.

Sand3

Sand3

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Damn, Wings, that's a great idea! Especially since the emulator I've managed to find is crazy slow...

WiNGS.

WiNGS.

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:varied.
glad I could help ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users