Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fist of North Star

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Fist of North Star game

Things are going to get VERY messy! XD

Now, release this out over here and if you let me play as Rei (he's the one with the cutty blue lines, right?) then you've got a day one purchase.

I think Zero-Shift might be a bit happy, perhaps? :P

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Fist of the North Star is something I need to learn about. I've never read the manga/watched the anime but from what I've heard it's one of the the bloodiest, manliest, head-smashingest things out there?

I do have the Master System game though, retitled "Black Belt" for the US. (Which is so-so.)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Oh yeah, it's definitely considered a shonen type manga, what with all the fighting and the different ways a person can DIE. I mean, wow, it's really imaginative at points, lol XD

Nah, the graphic novels are real old skool and good. I highly recommend them if you want something a little different than your Death Notes and Narutos. This one doesn't try and make a massive storyline and break your brain with it. It gives you the outlook of their world and throws you right in to people getting their faces blown apart by a punch. Easy reading with a few interesting plot-twists here and there to keep it fresh.

...where's Zero-Shift. He's late to the topic. o.o

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
YOU WA SHOCK!

I have a Kenshiro T-shirt. Just throwing that out there.

Sorry I'm late, I tried responding at work but people kept coming in. Anyway, I am really freakin' jazzed about this game. I was the moment I saw the teaser from Tokyo Game Show. Even if this game plays like every other Musou game Koei makes it has Kenshiro this time which makes all the difference. A western release is unlikely but I will buy a PS3 and import this if I have to. I'm also with DiGi when I say please let us use Rei. He's my favorite. Being able to use other guys is a plus too.

Nemoide, you've pretty much heard correctly. The series is graphic and extremely manly. Fist of the North Star is in my opinion one of the greatest manga ever and most definitely my personal favorite of all time. Only Jojo's Bizarre Adventure even comes close. The funny thing is the story is actually pretty epic and has a lot of qualities like you'd find in a Greek tragedy you'd never know though because all attempts to release it in the west end up incomplete and stop right when things start to pick up at Raoh's introduction if not before.

If you want to check it out you have a few options. There is a manga and an anime. Both are good but the manga is better. There is no complete translation of the manga, period. I believe there are 245 chapters. You can read first first fifth on One Manga. There were also two western releases which were ended prematurely. The first was by Viz and should be avoided like the plague. The other was by Gustoon and kicks ass. It has a good translation and the pages are actually blown up and printed in color on glossy paper like any other TPB. The anime was completely fansubbed by a site called Heart of Madness. Also Nemoide, I will literally buy you the first Gustoon TPB if it means spreading the head explody goodness. I'm not even kidding. :P

Hey DiGi, get TRiP in on this. Lets hear what she has to say. XD

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I'll have to keep an eye out for the untranslated manga next time I'm in a Japanese bookstore (probably not until winter). Japanese releases tend to be less expensive and also I have the satisfaction of improving my skills with the language? If I cannot understand it, I'll break down and get the English version though...

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Wow... That's gonna be amazing! I have this one DS game called, "JUMP Ultimate Stars" that has characters and stuff from Fist of the North Star in it. It's pretty awesome.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
From all the news that's been turning up lately about this, it sounds like this game IS going global. WOOHAH!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
ATATATATATATATATATATAWATAH!!!

*Hokuto Hyakuretsu-Ken*

You are already...preordered. XD

That leaked footage is a fierce kind of sexy.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
It certainly is! Now give us playable Rei and you've got a day one purchase.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I remember when me and my cousins used to watch the show and one of them would continuously poke me and tell me I was about to die.
Good times.

GOTTA GET THIS!!!

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I think this is a great idea and all, but I'd rather see a western release of Ark System's 2D fighter before this. That game used the original designs, and had a certain recognizable music track.

This game looks rather exciting, but it seems to take him a tad too long to tear his way through those weaker guys, I would have hoped for something a bit more like Ninja Gaiden, but obviously with the martial arts instead of the weapons. I'm still going to get this, though.

And I'd love if Souther was playable.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Yes! Currently set for a March 2010 release in Japan.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Double post for bump and I don't care.

Just saw this on Kotaku.

Screenshots and Art

Some of those screens look awesome, but of particular note to me is image number nine. If I'm not mistaken that looks like playable Rei. Hell...yes!

-Edit-

Even I'm not shameless enough to triple post. All the same I can't be the only one here who's excited about this game.

More Screens!

Seriously people, look at that. Playable Rei and Mamiya. Before you know it we may get other playable characters. Maybe even Raoh and Toki!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Triple post. Holy hell what;s wrong guys. No enthusiasm for the most manly thing in existence? Either way, look, more screens.

Even more screens

Hello Jagi. I look forward to killing you. :P I'd say these screens confirm multiple players are going to be playable. Jagi never fought the Wolf Clan Chief and Mamiya never fought Mr. Heart. Koei needs to give this game online co-op. It would be great.

I hope somebody else replies to this thread. I'm starting to feel lonely. XD

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I'm jealous of Japan for getting an alarm clock that yells "ATATATATA" at you.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Oh...my...god! New trailer!

Holy sh!t! Raoh is going to be playable? :P

Wait, what? Hokuto Musou has a confirmed European release?

Hokuto Musou gets Summer release in Europe

No word yet on a North American release. T_T

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
This sounds like a strange sort of passive confirmation of a US release. Not concrete but it makes me hopeful.

More Extreme Violence in Western Hokuto Musou

What I find humorous is that I've already heard some people talk about how unnecessary this is. Because you all know how wholesome the source material is.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
Awesome.
(I loved the Monster Magnet song used in the AMV when I was in high school. I'm amused by a literal interpretation.)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I'm jealous of Japan for getting an alarm clock that yells "ATATATATA" at you.

Oh damn! For real?! I gotta google this. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users