Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fandom into Dreams

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Wait... You thought up Will's dad? Is he THAT twisted?! ._. I'm scared.

Okay so let's get back on topic. The RP? Anyone?

We need more spaces filled for Marens!

Also, a room for polishing Personas. XP Can't let the symbol of Master Wizeman get dirty now, can we? :lol:

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I agree... but, how do I audition? That's just a question of mine...

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
I'd suggest writing up a basic application sort of thing. PM it to the folks reviewing the auditions so they can look it over and talk. Maybe following this sort of setup:

Name:
Abilities:
Personality:

It's pretty basic, but it's something to cover everything needed to know. x:

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Thank you very much!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Um...are we ever getting back to this? It was just left in the air and it was a fun thing to work on.

I propose a McWizey at the Wizemart. :D

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

Um...are we ever getting back to this? It was just left in the air and it was a fun thing to work on.

I propose a McWizey at the Wizemart. :D

I hope this isn't over, I was just waiting for someone to post. ;)

As for the McWizey, sounds like a good idea, just make sure the Nightopians stay away, ever hear what the hamburgers are made out of there? :)

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, of course! I'm a Reala/NiGHTS fan, with either male or female NiGHTS....I'm sure at least half of the people here will now hate me and never want to talk to me. Joy!<br /><br />Aside from that, I like a variety of anime, so I'd be glad to chat about that.

ever hear what the hamburgers are made out of there? :o

Finely chopped Octopaw and Pian wings.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I propose Octopaw's swanky sushi bar. :o

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Yeah the chat at the winter EP has inspired me to finally get this ball rolling. First, we need more people willing to play as Marens.

People who want a Maren role, PM me a sample of how you'd roleplay the character. If you have any plot ideas, say them here so we can work on them being implemented.

LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE.

Also, McWizeys=yes. XD

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, of course! I'm a Reala/NiGHTS fan, with either male or female NiGHTS....I'm sure at least half of the people here will now hate me and never want to talk to me. Joy!<br /><br />Aside from that, I like a variety of anime, so I'd be glad to chat about that.
I'm willing to play a Maren, it's just that this is my first time RPing, so I'm not too confident about my skills. I'd rather take a role that no one else wants so nobody will be disappointed.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Pick whoever you like at this point, plenty of spaces open.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Plot, eh? I don't think there's any plot when Jackle's concerned. :o Although... He uh...has some Pians in the backroom. >>; Be careful what you order in his bar (although most of the things he makes involves a Pian somehow). He somehow got a jukebox and a karaoke machine, neither of which work. I guess....if he really has to, he'll go and catch some more Pians. Once a week he cooks dinner for the hotel. He's playful, childish, yet still a maniac.

It was mentioned that there could be a "season 2" thing later on. That got me thinking of what could be done to move a central "plot" along (I think we already know :D). I just don't know what would be done. XP

Now, what I'm thinking is that the hotel doesn't make as much money as Wizeman wanted, so he's allowing *ahem* "those pathetic Nightmarens" to rent out a place too (sorry if I offended anyone by that). :P Just a thought though.

Also to recap the standings...

~*Current List of Official Characters *~

• Wizeman: TRiPPY
  • NiGHTS: Sierra/Kamui (Audition!)
  • Reala: TORiAS/Kamui (Audition!)
  • Jackle: Smash Queen
  • Gulpo:
  • Clawz: Noctourne
  • Puffy:
  • Gillwing: Huruyami
  • Selph: Narco
  • Girania:
  • Donbalon:
  • Bomamba:
  • Chamelan:
  • Queen Bella:
  • Cerberus:
  • Owl: Dreamer #96
  • Octopaw: Ten

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Psh, plots are overrated! :) Just pick a maren you like and pretend that you're it. :)

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay, I might try out for Cerberus. Still deciding, though. Sorry for being so indecisive.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Ehh... oi... I dunno... I wanna participate in the general malarky but... history's taught me that I'm rather awkward in humor-oriented roleplay. XPPP I suppose I could let Mackenzie in on this like she's bouncing around the back of my head wanting me to, but I'm afraid once she realizes a certain someone's friend is too busy to let him come she'll get disinterested and leave, then I'll be left with naught but my awkward little self. XD

And... TRiPPY, what're you doing? Aren't you also too busy for this sorta thing (assuming you're still on for this crazy ride)? o.o Although I guess Wizeman won't be making too many appearances, so maybe you can get away with it. XD

EDIT: I'm also considering trying Queen Bella as the one sane Maren in the whole place (although she won't necessarily be helpful to any hapless Dreamers unless required to be).

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Every addition is appreciated. Every style can bring new light to a character. Variety is the spice of life, anyway. So make up your mind and go for it! ;D

also, @smashqueen: Your Jackle is awesome. He makes me smile. :P As someone who has been rewatching batman cartoons for Joker goodness, I can definitely say you can do a fabulous job. Have fun with his bar!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Every addition is appreciated. Every style can bring new light to a character. Variety is the spice of life, anyway. So make up your mind and go for it! ;D

also, @smashqueen: Your Jackle is awesome. He makes me smile. :) As someone who has been rewatching batman cartoons for Joker goodness, I can definitely say you can do a fabulous job. Have fun with his bar!

True. Everyone has their own view of each character. NiGHTS' gender for example is seen as male, female, or neutral. Reala is either ruthlessly obedient or has some good in him. Heck, even Wizeman has been portrayed in fanfics as a sort of father figure. Just take how you think of what you think each character would behave and apply it to the RP. Who knows? Maybe Octopaw is actually a gangster. :D
---
Thanks. :P Looks like it's time to sketch out the bar and get little details down.
Heh heh. The bar is going to slowly start to resemble the lair down the line.

Note: At the start of the RP, the bar will still be in the conversion process from basement storage to bar (Pians doing most of the work). Be careful what you order, and don't step into the back room. >> Still working out the details, but I think this'll do for now so the RPers can get an idea of what to expect.

Misc.
*Jukebox will be put in, but won't work at first.
*Karaoke should be available at some point.
*Stairs are recently built.
*Jackle likes Halloween a little too much. The decorations and spirit of the holiday won't just be kept downstairs.
*Do not tear Jackle's mantle or attempt to do so. He gets really defensive about it.

And now onto the planning stages for Jackle's mischief. :3

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Mackenzie: I CALL DIBS ON HIS CAPE! 8D *snatch*

Meggie: *facepalm* Well, there's something she's interested in (bothering maren in a fairly suicidal manner); count us in. XD

Bella: Does this mean I'm definatively part of the... ahem... festivities?

Meggie: *nodnod* Although if someone else wants to play you I won't stand in their way!

Bella: Oh joy... </sarcasm> *sips tea*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
So, wait, you want Queen Bella as your Maren? Just doublechecking.

Edit: Checked myself. Right then! PM me whenever you got the time.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Modifying your list, Noctourne Wonderland.

• Gulpo:
  • Puffy:
  • Girania:
  • Donbalon:
  • Bomamba:
  • Chamelan:
  • Queen Bella: Meggiemaccat
  • Cerberus: SiLENCE (?)

Six more Marens to take up fellow Dreamers. ^^

And SiLENCE, don't rush if you're not sure.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

So, wait, you want Queen Bella as your Maren? Just doublechecking.

Edit: Checked myself. Right then! PM me whenever you got the time.

Ehm... I'm... sorry, but... PM what? XD *doesn't see it in the first post, but... hasn't read through the whole thread again* I must've missed something... XPP

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Ehm... I'm... sorry, but... PM what? XD *doesn't see it in the first post, but... hasn't read through the whole thread again* I must've missed something... XPP

She means PM a sample of how you would role-play as Queen Bella. ;)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
What now? We're PMing auditions? I thought roles were gotten unless two people wanted the same role. Is the new rule retroactive? I'm so confused!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

She means PM a sample of how you would role-play as Queen Bella. ;)

Ah, alright, that's reasonable. I'll do that later. I'm too tired atm. XD

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Aaha, sorry Noc. I'm doing it to get a feel for all the players and see who's still got time/effort to play. Since I seem to be in a 'responsibility' position here, this is just a way for me to work things out.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Well, shouldn't we make the auditions public, though? The maren certainly know each other and it'd be fairly awkward for them to not really know each others' general personal- unless they never do visit each others' respective Nightmares (especially across the JoD and NiD barrier). Yeah, then that'd make sense, but... nyeh, some characters unavoidably know each other at least somewhat well (Reala and NiGHTS and Wizeman) and you may as well make them all- Oi, am I overthinking this? XD

EDIT: And doesn't it say that in the event of multiple people wanting to play the same char there'd be a vote? Don't people need somewhat of an educated guess as to how one will be roleplayed to vote on them? But then I suppose the solution to that would be to merely quote the respective audition PMs in the poll itself.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

What now? We're PMing auditions? I thought roles were gotten unless two people wanted the same role. Is the new rule retroactive? I'm so confused!

*pats back* It's alright. Frankly I'm not sure why other than to get a feel of how each character is going to act. I don't think it's an audition, just a "how are you planning to have this character act?" Better to have an idea on their personality now then later when the RP starts to have a defined personality.

For instance, Jackle is immature and psychotic. His actions and words reflect that. He also has a mean streak when someone damages his mantle and when not in the bar, he's terrorizing Pians and finding out new games from Dreamers (outside the hotel mostly) before Alarm Eggs/Awakers catch them. When playful he calls Reala "Ree" (or "Ree-Ree" or "Bun-buns" ...or even "Reeses' Pieces" if he finds out about the candy). Did I mention he loves violence towards others?

But that's just Jackle and the personality that seemed to suit him (with some finer details put in; I have a slight case of OCD sometimes ^^; ). Queen Bella actually seems like the type to sip tea. XP

Snap! Sierra beat me to it! XD Posted as I pressed reply. ;)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

For instance, Jackle is immature and psychotic. His actions and words reflect that. He also has a mean streak when someone damages his mantle and when not in the bar, he's terrorizing Pians and finding out new games from Dreamers (outside the hotel mostly) before Alarm Eggs/Awakers catch them. When playful he calls Reala "Ree" (or "Ree-Ree" or "Bun-buns" ...or even "Reeses' Pieces" if he finds out about the candy). Did I mention he loves violence towards others?

But that's just Jackle and the personality that seemed to suit him (with some finer details put in; I have a slight case of OCD sometimes ^^; ). Queen Bella actually seems like the type to sip tea. XP

Mackenzie: *grins evilly* We're so gonna have to team up! XD

Meggie: Yeah, it's actually rather surprising what one can do without any thumbs. o.o (She sticks one of the tip of one of her front legs through the loop to the point it almost gets stuck, and when she wants to put it down she very gently grips the cup with the other front leg and pulls the... um... claw?... out gently so as not to break the chinaware; she's actually rather a dainty little thing about it, for being so massive.)

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
Okay, just so I have it right, we're supposed to pm how we would play the character, the personality of the character?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Aaha, sorry Noc. I'm doing it to get a feel for all the players and see who's still got time/effort to play. Since I seem to be in a 'responsibility' position here, this is just a way for me to work things out.

It's all good. I'll have my PM to you in two shakes of a lamb's tail. ;)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
*ponders sending now* Should we do it in RP sample form or a full blown personality description? *thinks an RP sample might be better for self* I have a tendency of finding things out about my characters after I get the profile done, and I find myself suddenly wondering if the personality description still works for them. Although on the other hand a personality description gets an overall feel. XD *facepalm*

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
*Raises hand* Is the position of Puffy free? :3 I haven't roleplayed in ages, and I'm rather afraid to for risk of sounding like an idiot, but this looks fun. It reminds me of the crack role-plays I used to participate in with some friends involving Wal-Mart and Kingdom Hearts. *Contented sigh* And you guys have lots of really good ideas! I'm impressed!
I'm a little confused though; How should I audition? People seem to be chatting a lot about it, so I'm not sure what to do. *Head scratch*

Phuckle defiantly needs to be involved here. Maybe he's the hotel drunk XP
I wonder though; How did our poor Dreamers get to point where they have to stay in a hotel? Is it a very long dream, or is everyone in a coma?
But the real question might better be: At the end of the day, who's gonna be the one in the little French Maid's uniform? Maybe Mr. Tay-- OH GOD IMAGE GO AWAY.

I need to start sketching some of these ideas, they're too hilarious~

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

*Raises hand* Is the position of Puffy free? :3 I haven't roleplayed in ages, and I'm rather afraid to for risk of sounding like an idiot, but this looks fun. It reminds me of the crack role-plays I used to participate in with some friends involving Wal-Mart and Kingdom Hearts. *Contented sigh* And you guys have lots of really good ideas! I'm impressed!
I'm a little confused though; How should I audition? People seem to be chatting a lot about it, so I'm not sure what to do. *Head scratch*

Phuckle defiantly needs to be involved here. Maybe he's the hotel drunk XP
I wonder though; How did our poor Dreamers get to point where they have to stay in a hotel? Is it a very long dream, or is everyone in a coma?
But the real question might better be: At the end of the day, who's gonna be the one in the little French Maid's uniform? Maybe Mr. Tay-- OH GOD IMAGE GO AWAY.

I need to start sketching some of these ideas, they're too hilarious~

Yep, Puffy's still available. Just PM Sierra a sample of how you'd RP as Puffy. Kinda just getting the personality down now rather than later and scrambling to get pieced it together. It's also for seeing who'll have time to RP I guess.

As for the hotel, I think it's just something like an attraction at an amusement park. -_- Spend money on something you can't find anyplace else.

I vote Reala be in the outfit. X3 Either him or Pians. *ahem* Updated the list.

• Gulpo:
  • Puffy: WATERLiLYCAT
  • Girania:
  • Donbalon:
  • Bomamba:
  • Chamelan:
  • Queen Bella: Meggiemaccat
  • Cerberus: SiLENCE (?)

Five left everybody! Two fish, a Puffy ripoff, a hated cat lady, and a lizard.

No one loves the JoD crowd much. XP Four to one. NiD is more popular.

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

OH GOD WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?! There is not enough brain bleach in the world to make that go away.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Yeah, I'm personally betting Chamelan will be the absolute last one taken, if he's taken at all. But then maybe I'm biased because he's my least favorite maren (although feel free to dump him in my lap regardless provided he's not taken; it'll be interesting to figure him out).

And ohgodno. D: *keels over*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Kay, to answer questions...

Yes, the samples were supposed to be originally public, but then no one did it, so I tried the PMs as a way of getting peoples to do their thing. Yes, there will be a vote if more than one person wants the role, whereupon there will be copypasting and voting. And since I can't pass myself, cuz that's unfair, you guys will be voting on whether I can do NiGHTS properly, too. I'll try to write up a sample ASAP. (stupid finals) Those of you who want a role should send both a description and sample, more sample than description.

The Hotel is located Someplace™ that is neither Dream, Nightmare, nor Waking- the closest you can think of is the border between all 3, since dream physics and normal physics apply. It's just an excuse to get everyone in one place. XD So you CAN 'sleep'.... Whether or not you dream is to be determined. Visitors have never lived here before, you see! XD

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
So this takes on the line between the mental and physical, conscious and unconscious, a world previously unheard of or documented, that twists the reality we always knew and could provide phenomenal breakthroughs across all of science, across the universe...
And we built a hotel there...
Sounds good!

I'll have to think a while about my sample. Coming up with snippets is fairly difficult, but it makes sense. How long do you suppose it should be?

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I've decided I would like to play Cerberus, but
A)Would it be okay if dialogue was in growling/barking/howling form with a translation afterwards?
and B, I'd like to give each head some sort of identification, even if it's just calling them Red, Blue, and Yellow.
Is that okay?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
The hotel is in the Twilight Zone! <_<

I've decided I would like to play Cerberus, but
A)Would it be okay if dialogue was in growling/barking/howling form with a translation afterwards?
and B, I'd like to give each head some sort of identification, even if it's just calling them Red, Blue, and Yellow.
Is that okay?

A.) Sure. That's creative. :P

B.) Many Heads = Muliple personality disorder, which is always funny.

I saw we make Claris and Helen maids, and Will and Elliot the doorman and elevator boy. :P

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
If Bomamba is basically a cooking mama and spends her time with her cauldron - oh, and the furball cats - wherever the kitchen is, can I take her? She seems to be pretty easy to play for a beginner .__.
I can so imagine utter havoc of a kitchen, with Pians, furball cats and maren minions around, and that witch lady, singing happily while brewing some suspicious soups and porridge...

Random Visitor: excuse me, ma'am...
Bomamba: *singing merrily* along came a spider and sat down beside her, and bit little fingers away!.. Oh, 'elllllo there sweety, are you in need of something?
RV: Can I have some porridge ma'am?
Bomamba: Oh suuuure, honey!! *trots to the cauldron while Pians are circling around it* Oi, shoo, shoo, the lot of you! You're spoiling my yummy gruel! Nooo!!! No milk and sugar, you pestering tots! *havoc ensues as cat furballs are scaring the Pians off, and then Bomamba returns with a plate of something scary* Heeere you go, sweety, a healthy gruel so you can quickly grow up healthy-wealthy and FAT!
RV: okthxi'mnotveryhungry *runs away*

something like that maybe? 'w'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users