Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fandom into Dreams

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I think we should choose ourself and our favourite maren to RP as.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

I think we should choose ourself and our favourite maren to RP as.

Problem: Say someone walks into Chez Clawz...and doesn't know Clawz at all. Then what? Someone has to take over and play as Clawz for a bit. Also, for example, everyone here loves NiGHTS (and...somehow the 'maren's booty works into that o_O) so is everyone going to RP as him/her? Poor NiGHTS is going to be bipolar. ;_;

This is tough...

Okay! So what do we do here people? We need a plan. All I can think of is...

1. We get someone either chosen, volunteered (heh, don't we all?), or...I dunno, win a short contest (O_o huh, no idea how that would work out) to play as one (or two if needed) of the canon characters.

or...

2. We RP the canon characters whenever they show up. Then again, this is a poor choice since everyone has their own view of the Night Dimension and I bet not everyone has the same view of the same characters. Some may take up "she" when about about NiGHTS and others may take up "he" and still there are those who will try to keep NiGHTS' gender neutral. But there are issues outside of gender such as personality, so we need one person to take up the role of a 'maren so the personality doesn't suffer (Jackle seems to be that only exception I can see to this...and even then he has his own personality).

Wait...quick thought. If Nightmaren are genderless, then could Jackle...somehow be called a "she" too? o_o; Oh dear...

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I was thinking we all assign certain people certain Maren, that they roleplay besides themselves as necessary. The problem is deciding roles so everyone is happy, as you said. A good way to decide who does what is have everyone post small roleplay clips of the character they want to portray, then everyone votes for the ones they like best.

But first we need enough people willing to take roles!

~*Current List*~
  • Wizeman:
  • NiGHTS:
  • Reala:
  • Jackle:
  • Gulpo:
  • Clawz:
  • Puffy:
  • Gillwing:
  • Selph:
  • Girania:
  • Donbalon:
  • Bomamba:
  • Chamelan:
  • Queen Bella:
  • Cerberus:

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Should we make a separate thread for the voting so it doesn't push aside the ideas for the RP or what? Dang this is getting heavy.

Also, you forgot Owl. X3 Everyone forgets Owl. ...Danged one-shots. *goes back to typing*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I don't want to spam the area with Fandom into Dreams (FiD?) related topics and anger the admin- and mod-ly folk, so let's keep it here for now and see what happens.

To keep this from becoming a monster topic, I think we should each request a character, then have an audition if there's a conflict. I really want to be Bomamba. :)

Sierra- It might be good to update the first post with the story, rooms, and roles to make it easier for people new to the topic trying to figure it out. :)

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Huh. You're right Noctourne. ...I'd like to be Jackle, however, I know nothing about bars. :P Besides, my version of Jackle is someone who is more childish than psychopath. (No chance for the latter yet.) And yes, said childish Jackle is in the NiD Chronicles fanfic. X3 No Jackle, Ree is not a cuddle bunny.

Edit: Um...so yeah. No Jackle for me since I believe someone could be better.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Ah yes, I forgot all of those good things. Thank you! *goes off to edit and advertise*

EDIT: Alright, done! All the basic info we've got so far and the sign up sheet is on the first post. Start requesting characters you guys!

I for one request NiGHTS, just like everyone else will. :) I have some ideas I'd like to act upon. ^^ *prepares for battle*

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.
This sounds fun, I like comedies. :3

Can I be owl?

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
I'll start actually updating the Maren list once a few more people post. As of now, every position is open, whether you think you can do a good job or not! So go for it!

Narco

Narco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Bah! I'm late for the party! D:

Anywizzy, this RP sounds like so much FUN! :P
May I audition for Selph? BTW how exactly do we audition?

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
You only 'audition' if more than one person requests the same part. If you're the only one, you get the job, no question asked. :P So as of right now you get Selph just like that, unless someone else wants him as well.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
First come, first serve, I imagine. Limit to 2 character per palyer (canon and OC self). Can I play Reala?

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
might i suggest a dancefloor? :P

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

When I saw that, all I could see was everyone disco dancing. :P

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

YES. It must have those cool floor tiles with lights in them that make funny patterns.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
*writes that down* I'll get Jackle to install it. :blink: It'll have spades and hearts and stuff on it. :D

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
"Shake your groove thing" sudden came to mind. ._. Well it'll at least make everyone happy when NiGHTS ends up dancing to 70's music.

So...suited to 'Marens before us...

Maybe mini-fridges? Also, Nightmarens specialize in scaring you right? Maybe there was a place where 'Marens could gather and...oh yeah. That's Jackle's Bar. Nevermind. *mutters* Probably had poor Pians being scared down there...

By the way, since I'm actually going on...whatever hour now since I haven't slept (been over 24 hrs. by now), maybe there's someplace that used to deal with stressed out 'Marens. ....I dunno. Running on fumes, mozzarella sticks, soda, and a burger. @_@

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
I could tooootally be gillwing. Does he really speak? I can do different pitches and notes of guttural lizardy screams. :3c

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
If you want him to speak, you can. if you want him to communicate only via expressions, roars, and growls, that's fine too. ^^

Huruyami

Huruyami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Bwahahaha >D I like this already. Nothing more fun than trying to eat the poor little dreamer children~

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Ohohoho, this is turning out to be delicious! X3

I'd like to try out for NiGHTS or Reala. I've got ideas for them. >:3 (kekeke)

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
...Okay that's it. I call Jackle! >:)

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, of course! I'm a Reala/NiGHTS fan, with either male or female NiGHTS....I'm sure at least half of the people here will now hate me and never want to talk to me. Joy!<br /><br />Aside from that, I like a variety of anime, so I'd be glad to chat about that.
This sounds so cool, I want to join!

I've never RP'd before, so I'm not sure I want to play any of the pre-existing chars...I guess if there's someone who nobody wants, I'll take them or something...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
~*Current List of Official Characters *~
  • Wizeman:
  • NiGHTS: Sierra/Kamui (Audition!)
  • Reala: TORiAS/Kamui (Audition!)
  • Jackle: Smash Queen
  • Gulpo:
  • Clawz: Noctourne
  • Puffy:
  • Gillwing: Huruyami
  • Selph: Narco
  • Girania:
  • Donbalon:
  • Bomamba:
  • Chamelan:
  • Queen Bella:
  • Cerberus:
  • Owl: Dreamer #96
  • Octopaw:

I was thinking about Bomamba, and she'd be kind of boring to RP as if she's always in the kitchen, so I'd like to be Clawz, if that's not a problem. I can't wait to concoct the daily specials at my posh 5-Star Chip restaraunt.

So far, it's time for two auditions! NiGHTS will be Sierra and Kamui, and Reala will be TORiAS and Kamui.

SiLENCE, role playing is kind of like writing a story, but you only have to write the parts with one character. It's really fun. ;)

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

So far, it's time for two auditions! NiGHTS will be Sierra and Kamui, and Reala will be TORiAS and Kamui.

SiLENCE, role playing is kind of like writing a story, but you only have to write the parts with one character. It's really fun. ;)

Couldn't have put it better myself. ^^

I will do my little roleplay segment sometime later this week, when I don't have a boatload of tests and exams and such. Maybe... Thursday. Yeah, Thursday. So Kamui can go first with NiGHTS. ^^

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Sweet. Then how do you guys want the audition to go? :3

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I should probably audition for Reala sometime this week since I'm seriously swamped with my out-of-home business this weekend.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Kamui, I think that, to make it fair, you should only audition for one maren. I don't mean to be rude, but other people should have the chance to be a maren.

Since an audition needs a judge, I'll do it. But, to make a better rounded judgement, I'll need a team of two more people. The pannel should talk in PMs, so potential criticism won't offend anyone. Your thoughts, forummy world?

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, of course! I'm a Reala/NiGHTS fan, with either male or female NiGHTS....I'm sure at least half of the people here will now hate me and never want to talk to me. Joy!<br /><br />Aside from that, I like a variety of anime, so I'd be glad to chat about that.
Mm, okay! I'll wait to see what Marens are still available later on.

Can't wait to see the auditions!

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
@Nocturne: To be honest, I was surprised I was lined up for NiGHTS and Reala. I just wanted to try for one or the other! XD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

@Nocturne: To be honest, I was surprised I was lined up for NiGHTS and Reala. I just wanted to try for one or the other! XD

That's alright. You mentioned both, so I threw your name up onto the magical list of joy and wonder to keep track of things for *my* sake. xD

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Dibs on Wizeman, I'm good at ruling with an iron fist :)

And i know ALL about how to run a 7-11

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
I can volunteer to help with the auditioning debate team, but... I think the only problem with "auditioning" is that... For anyone other than Wizeman, Reala, and NiGHTS, none of these guys really *have* something to audition for that can be compared without bias. That and even those three have variations you could take. ;;

...But for hilarity's sake, mark me down for Octopaw. >_>

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
~*Current List of Official Characters *~
  • Wizeman: TRiPPY
  • NiGHTS: Sierra/Kamui (Audition!)
  • Reala: TORiAS/Kamui (Audition!)
  • Jackle: Smash Queen
  • Gulpo:
  • Clawz: Noctourne
  • Puffy:
  • Gillwing: Huruyami
  • Selph: Narco
  • Girania:
  • Donbalon:
  • Bomamba:
  • Chamelan:
  • Queen Bella:
  • Cerberus:
  • Owl: Dreamer #96
  • Octopaw: Ten
If the Great Mother was in JoD, TRiPPY, you would have to be her. You are our mum, after all. :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
;_; and yet she wasn't.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

;_; and yet she wasn't.

*pokes SEGA and points at this comment*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Maybe Puffy is the Great Mother! She is big and pregnant-looking. :P

SiLENCE

SiLENCE

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Maybe Puffy is the Great Mother! She is big and pregnant-looking. :P

I think you just broke my brain.

...if she is preggers, then who's the father?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

I think you just broke my brain.

...if she is preggers, then who's the father?

WILL'S DAD

ELLIOT

Jackle? It explains Donbalon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users