Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

5 Things.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
JoD gets a lot of dislike. However i was talking to TRiPPY the other night and i decided to see if i could actually name 5 things that i DO like about JoD.

So, whether you like the game or not, find five things that you like about JoD and explain why you do like it. Let's see if we can all find some positive points about this game. It might make us realise it's not as bad as we claim it to be.
I will ask you to NOT post what you DISLIKE. This is not a thread for that. Just five things you do like and why. And let's spice it up - you CAN'T say 'the music' as that's a guaranteed answer because the music is always going to be awesome as far as everybody is concerned. You can say you like the music if it's part of another answer but it can't be a stand alone reason.

"But DiGi, there was a similar topic before already?" Oh, i know. But i want this one to focus on things we like ONLY. And i want you to explain why you like the things you like, not just list them.

Now... Let's go. It should be interesting to see the answers :)

1 - Memory Forest
This level is beautiful. The switch from night to day, the windows in the trees, the street lamps that light up, the blue bell flowers that glow when it's night time, all of this is fantastic. The music for this level is also amazing. Forget the on-foot section with Helen, just focus on flying around with NiGHTS in this level. It does it SOOOO well.
In fact, even though i prefer NiD over JoD, Memory Forest is my favourite NiGHTS level of all time, beating Soft Museum. Sometimes i would just play JoD simply to fly through this level. If only they had made it explorable properly.

2 - NiGHTS' costume
Waaaaiiiit! I'm not saying it's better than the old NiD one. I got love for the NiD NiGHTS outfit, but this JoD one has grown on me so much since seeing it. He really suits the red waistcoat now. I'm still in debate about the gloves but they don't bother me as much as i thought they would. The design for this JoD costume really gave NiGHTS a bit more character, i feel.

3 - Wizeman
Bad ass! The design, the voice, the dialogue, the final boss music that got remixed. All of it is wicked! Like Wizeman the Wicked. The only problem with Wizeman was the fact that the final boss fight was a bit too easy. But other than that Wizeman's level of badassness went through the roof in JoD. His laugh when he takes Helen's Ideya and she starts to fall in BellBridge is just a perfect Wizeman atmospheric moment.

4 - BellBridge
I guess this is due to me coming from London but i can see so much of my home city design in BellBridge. The clock tower, the streets, the few vehicles that get shown, it really mimics London a lot. I feel more connected to BellBridge than Twin Seeds. I love Twin Seeds though, it's still an awesome place ...and as much as the BellBridge level did mimic Twin Seeds at the end of NiD i feel flying through BellBridge does it better. You don't expect Wizeman to just stop the level halfway through. Seriously awesome level and city. I would love to see BellBridge again, even though they probably won't reuse the same city twice.

5 - The FMV
It was blissful to finally see NiGHTS with the now SEGA animation department going to work on him. He flies gracefully in the FMV scenes, he's shown being carefree to the greatest extent. They really captured NiGHTS fantastically well in the FMV. How i would love to see more FMV of NiGHTS made by these guys.

Ok, now it's your turn. GO!
And remember 'the Music' can't be a stand alone answer because everybody always says that! XD

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Well...it's been a while since I've even played, but here's what sticks out (besides the music).

1. "Sky Concert" stage - Okay, so the entire level revolves around music, point is you conduct. I've never conducted anything with music...well except in a Mario Party game as a kid. I love plays and the music hall reminded me of where one would take place. Maybe it's the Pians with balloons singing in harmony (so cute), maybe it's the goal of hitting the notes just right for the highest score, or maybe it's the fact that I thought I could learn the notes and then maybe one day play those notes on a piano if I ever actually learned to read piano music. In any case, it's my favorite level. Heck, it could have been grunge music and I'd still enjoyed hitting those notes...just, you know, not as much. >>; It wouldn't have been NiGHTS-y.

2. Concept Art - I'm a sucker for "Behind the Scenes" and "Making of" things. When I unlocked this I went "oh, nice, let's see." Bored? Why take a look at the concept art. ^^ 'Nuff said. (They're like instruction manuals to me. @_@)

3. My Dream - I swear, last I checked I had 80+ Nightopians, it was all cool with the blimp and multicolored trees, and the land was abundant with hills and all sorts of things. An ever-changing landscape...and the Nightopians made the place thrive. It's also a place of inspiration at times. Just walking around and observing is enough to spark something.

4. Winter Dream Gate - This surprised me so much seeing it the first time. I didn't know how to change it (couldn't) and considering that the Nightopians were still wearing Santa Hats in My Dream....it was like Christmas...just not my Christmas. It never snows here. Still, the chilly landscape was something special and it's one of those things that added some extra charm to the familiar Dream Gate.

5. BellBridge - Exploding buildings, flying through a city, and NiGHTS is finally able to prove that he can defeat Reala without dualizing. When Wizeman's laughter echoed, I was "What? What was that? What's going on?" ...Then Helen fell and Will saved her, all for the grand finale of saving NiGHTS...thought he was going to be brain-washed or something. Reala and old Wizey are too arrogant to just leave him there. Or maybe the process was already beginning and taking he Persona off halted it. I dunno. All I know is that it was presented well... And that's it. Finale place...and I often think on it when coming up with an ending for something on my to-do list.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
1. Sense of Flight - The dream worlds are really quite large and when you're just flying about you really get that sense of flying in a large world. In NiD it was rather confined, but in JoD you have a lot more freedom.

2. Graphics - I really liked the graphics, no matter what other people say. Sure the resolution is low when you're up close to something, but I think it's a beautiful game and it does a good job of capturing the look and feel of a dream world. I really get sucked into the world when I play the game.

3. My Dream - I'm surprised how much time I spent in the My Dream portion of the game. It was a lot of fun getting the Super Pian and breeding different mepians. I always sucked at it in NiD so I liked that it was easier in JoD, and I also like the ability to visit other people's My Dream and see what their worlds look like.

4. FMV's - SEGA always does an amazing job with the FMV's and I really enjoyed watching them in JoD. It's always nice to have some eye candy.

5. BellBridge - By far the most beautiful level in the whole game. From the lighting, the buildings, the explosions, flying as the kids, the sense of speed. Everything is just beautiful.

And I can't withhold myself from saying that I love the music! :)

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
5. Multiplayer
I really love going to See what other people are doing in their dreams, and Owning people on races.

4. My Dream
It's no Chao garden, But it's still a great Source of Replay value.

3. Reala
Other than his weird mask, I really liked Reala in this game! I liked his personality and everything!

2. Graphics
I really only think the graphics are only bad during the Cutscenes. I mean honestly, Compare Will and Helen's model's in game, to their Cutscene ones!

1. Overall feel
This game has a Great Dreamy Atmosphere, The sound is great, and The flying is really fun!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I never thought JoD sucked. I just though it could have been better. It was good but not great. Anyway, here we go.

1. The Soundtrack
It's very much in the same vein as the original. The songs are whimsical and fun. There are also some real gems which rival even classics from the first game. For example, Queen Bella's Ball and When the Night Falls are ten kinds of stellar.

2. The Art Direction
Again, very much in the spirit of the original. Lots of bright colors, weird architecture and generally surreal environments.

3. Roger Jackson as Wizeman
Jackson is a really good actor and his voice is great for villains. Wizeman's update was pretty cool to begin with, but you add Roger Jackson and it becomes orgasmic in it's awesomillitude. I just made a word to express how cool it is. XD

4. The option to use the nunchuck attachment
The game would have absolutely sucked if we were forced to use the Wiimote, so I'm glad we were given the choice.

5. Memory Forest
Reread everything DiGi said because it's exactly how I feel about it. The Chase mision and sky concert were some of the game's defining moments.

Honorable Mention: Will's Dad
Because that one thread made me laugh my ass off. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
1. Wizeman. He was just done large amounts of justice in this game from his design, his script, his voice- everything to me was spot on. And don't even get me started on the remake of D'Force Master. I always sit and play the last level again and again just to fight Wizeman because it's horrible amounts of fun. I think he works so well in this game because it's a large contrast to the bouncy happy colorful nature the rest of the game has. He's genuinely creepy. Which he should be. When JoD was announced i was worried they turn Wizeman into some lame cliche bad guy, but they kept him as the Wizeman we know from the first game. Which is massive props from me. I'm glad his voice was kept similar too unlike the rest of the cast.

2. Dreamgate. I don't know why exactly i love Dreamgate so much. I think it's the ambience and the fact youre not on a timer and can just wander about this really pretty area freely. It has this really whimsical feeling to it with the broken doors from the other dreamer and the sky. It reminds me a lot of a place i used to sit about a lot in Edinburgh, that's probably why i like it so much, it just feels homely. Especialy when it snows! That made my year. I love love love snow. Most of my old NiGHTS fanfiction stuff was choc full of the white stuff so when JoD gave copious amounts of the sparkly stuff i was blissed. It makes me miss Scotland.

3. A lot of people gave the Persona Masks grief, but i really like them. I don't like the way they are implemented, i mean NiGHTS never needed a mask to shapeshift in the first game, and having Reala's awesomely designed face covered up all the time is a bit crap (does that imply he was dissobediant in NiD) (I hate plot killage/non continuation). But i just think theyre really pretty. I'm always been a ho for the overly detailed and chromed out shiny. And the blue feathers! TvT that made me very happy. My favourite mask is the Dragon Mask, it makes NiGHTS look badass. When i first seen the concept doodle of NiGHTS wearing his Persona i totaly fell in love with it.

4. Crystal Castle. It just gives me eyeball/eargasms. That is all. That's my favourite level in JoD. It reminds me of playing Fable. I think it's the autumn leaves.

5. The FMV. It's everything I really wanted in an FMV since 1996. Wizeman! Reala! NiGHTS flying his ass off in a more energetic cheeky way. It was perfect. And it had the remake of the original orchestral score. What's not to love. I also still think the hand in the water part was a nod to the hoax video a fan made a year prior. It was just so lovely. They made Bellbridge look glorious too. They really caught the ambience of a European city. And the bits with the shadow Maren forms made me insanely happy because they were proper smokey shadow.
DiGi thinks its emo but i love the FMV of the kids waking up and crying. It just hits home in a few ways.

crap WAIT! only 5?! XD damn i like more than that!

HONORABLE MENTION- NiGHTS' BUM. Good god, whoever felt all those fanservice shots were nesecary- i love you XD

BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
....i'm kinda surprised that i failed to mention NiGHTS' rear, actually. How is it possible that i could over look such a key plus point? I feel ashamed #:)#

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

....i'm kinda surprised that i failed to mention NiGHTS' rear, actually. How is it possible that i could over look such a key plus point? I feel ashamed #-_-#

All of us are surprised, really. XD

5. Family atmosphere Up until my family refused to play it ("Nooooo, I'm NOT playing NiGHTS with you again! I'm gonna get my butt kicked!"), it was great because people of any age could enjoy NiGHTS.
4. Helen's Levels Sorry Will, yours just aren't as cool. Crystal Castle and Memory Forest were beautiful, but I also liked Pure Valley as well.
3. The music is gorgeous. I could listen to it all day without stopping, it's one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.
2. The FMV. OHMIGOSH SO PRETTY. O.O I wanted more, and more, and more and more. Gorgeous.
1. The concept of the game in general. A flying purple jester who takes you through your dreams and sparkles? Two words, EPIC WIN.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol! You're not allowed to use 'the Music' as a stand alone answer XD;;
It's certain that the music will always be an answer because it's amazing. I wanted to see what else in JoD is good in everybodies books and really dig deep to find stuff they like rather than just say 'the music'. However, the music can be part of an answer but not a stand alone answer. Let's make it interesting -_-

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
1. Owl Oh yes, you know it. Many people are irritated by him, but personally, I thought he was a great addition to the cast of characters. JoD is a much bigger game, and if it had just been the 2 kids, NiGHTS, Reala and Wizeman, things might have gotten a bit stale. Owl is like the friendly wise old man of Nightopia, almost like the opposite of Wizeman in a way. Why is he an owl ? No one even knows, but in deciding to make him one, they sort of gave the game an almost Japanese anime style in a way, don't you think ? It's like if Studio Ghibi ever made a NiGHTS movie, Owl would be an excellent choice to be in it.

2. The Dreamgate
I really love the hub-world of JoD. The huge fountain in the middle, the doors to other dreamscapes, the ambient music. The fact it was just floating above the endless sea of black-nightmarey goo. It had an excellent atmosphere. I loved the way the levels were marked out by stained glass icons, that shone onto the floor.

3. Queen Bella (and all the other Nightmaren What a design! In fact, the whole design aspect of JoD was fantastic, and just let down by the execution under a strict time frame. They really went to town with these character designs, and if they had come before NiD, I'm sure many people would like them a whole lot more than the older maren. I especially love the minion Nightmaren. They fit in with the established minions from NiD so well.

4. Nightopians Like or love them, you can't argue they look a whole lot nicer now than those fat little midgets from NiD. Although I do miss the chirping the older ones gave, these ones have a whole lot of personality, and had the MyDream area been worked on just a little longer, I'd probably be in there every day making sure my Pians were happy.

5. The Storyline
NiD had a very basic story, that worked really well back in the day. But if they were to follow the same paths these days, alot of people would be immesadiatly turned off, it's just changing times. So JoD had to work in some sort of overall plot, and I thought it worked extremely well, without contradicting the previous games set lore at all. The character interaction between NiGHTS, Owl and Reala was brilliant, and even though the kids were a little 2 Dimensional, everything wrapped up really nicely and the extra ending was a joy to watch.

KENOSiS

KENOSiS

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
1.) Reala's new get-up
I really loved his new outfit, especially the bat tights! not just because I have a scene obsession with them though xD
idk, I really thought that it suited him and his sexay voice nicely. lmfao.

2.)British accents.
Me and my friend love British accents, so it was cool that NiGHTS had the accent. :3

3.)My Dream.
The my dream level is ah!-mazing. I love messing around with my Nightopians and Mepians, and breeding them.

4.)Dream Drops
I loved that you could go around levels and find all 60 dream drops to become either Elliot or Claris.

5.)Case Cover
haha, Idk if that counts, but I thought it was very attractive -_-

D:
That was harder than I thought.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'll try to come up with things that I like that haven't already been said.

1- New graphic elements- The new scoring graphic looks hella nice, with the calligraphic lettering. Gots more style than NiD's fonts. I really like JoD's levels too, it's just that all the gameplay tweaks kinda ruin the experience of playing them.

2- New missions- It's a shame the kids' missions don't amount to much in the end, but a lot of NiGHTS's are pretty inventive, and something lacking from NiD was the ability to just fight a boss. In JoD it's a hard version, which is a slightly different method, plus bosses aren't random anymore, but it's still a nice option.

3- Rewards for A ranks - Who doesn't love presents? More extras please!

4- NiGHTS's new forms- The Personas ended up being kinda gimmicky and not as useful as they could have been, but NiGHTS's Dragon form, Rocket form still are pretty darn cool. Sonic Team threw some new ones into the mix, like the rollercoaster and river raft.

5- Online play - this too should be refined, but it's nice that there is some sort of expanded multiplayer this time around. Again, it's a shame they ditched the 2P battle style from NiD.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
In no particular order:

1. Bellbridge. While Twin Seeds is great, I love you you can actually explore the city itself in JoD, rather than just fly above it. There's also a great build up, since first you just see flotaing buildings and gradually it gets more and more elaborate until you reach the buildings of the city and it's tower. The archetecture is great, the lighting is gorgeous, and I just love the elevated train. It's as if some mad billionaire was able to build London from the ground up without any thoughts of reality.

2. The Dream Gate. Again, it's gorgeous. Having a hub is nice, because it gives more of a felling of a world (see Hyrule Field), but JoD made it so interesting to explore with ponds, sculptures, a mone shaft, forests, and hills. The fountain in the middle looks so pretty and calm, and the benches are a nice touch. It really lends itself to fanfiction backstories. :)

3. Crystal Castle. I promise this is the last level; I just adore JoD. The autumn leaves and ice are a great backdrop, but the castle itself with it's balconies, mirrors, statuary, and cathedral-esque arches really steals the show. Yes, the maze looks like a weirdly empty, but the graphics are so nice to look at, especially how the wallpaper changes as you go up each floor. The music is beautiful, and the remixes are done wonderfully. It all feels like a calm, baroque Soft Museum.

4. NiGHTS's design. NiGHTS looked nice in NiD, but the costume came off as a bit cartoony and plain. JoD really captured NiGHTS flamboyant personality with all of the frills and glitter. The persona masks were also a great touch, blending well with the costume. Plus, it ads to my love of classic Venitian masquerade. :D

5. Nightmare. Sega did an excellent job of making Nightmare seem really demented in areas like Bella's domain and Bomamba's castle, but also sinister and frightening in Wizeman's throne room and Cerberus's cage. Like real nightmares, it's both unsettling and genuinely scary. Thr dynamic amoungst maren is also explored very well, and I like that even Reala seems afraid of Cerberus.

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Hmm well:

1) The colorful environment graphics - Yeah the character models might not have been great but the environments were very nice to look at, especially in Pure Valley, Crystal Castle, and Memory Forest
2) Nice variety in stages - While yes not all of them were great at least there was a nice variety to pick from
3) The overall length - This is one of those games I think is just the right amount of length, any longer and I think it may have overstayed it welcome and gotten a little stale and repetitive.
4) Updated Character Design - While I did like the original design I though the updated ones were well done and still kept that familiar feel to them
5) Great Soundtrack - The music in this game was just phenomenal and easily one of the best in gaming history. Yes Super Mario Galaxy gets all the praise as having the best soundtrack from a 2007 game but IMO Journey of Dreams beats it.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Oh man... Let's see...

1. Bellbridge
Really reminiscent of Twin Seeds, but with a remixed theme. Plus, the remix of Dreams Dreams in the second half is wonderful. Overall, the whole dream makes me feel good inside. I feel like I'm having fun and that the kids are actually being badass for once.

2. Pure Valley
I love the BGM for this one. Its got a really light hearted, yet full of life feel to it. Plus, the whole dreamscape itself is beautiful. Especially the cave. I just thought that that was so gorgeous the first time I saw that.

3. My Dream
I love the concept, just not the way it was executed. The music is pretty relaxing and nice. I love it when the nightopians gather around me and sing. It makes me feel good. I love the crazy things that come and go throughout the game, like trains, chandeliers, etc. I think if a few things could have been fixed, it would have been a lot better.

4. Colors
Everything about this game was very bright and colorful. Almost every part of JoD was very eye stimulating. There was never anything not to look at. It was a very pretty game, I'll give it that.

5. Online Play
Granted, there were some things about it that could have used improving, but overall it was pretty neat. I loved being able to test my skills against someone else from across the planet. I've played people from South America, England, Japan, etc...

vincentdante

vincentdante

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
1. Crystal Castle, This is my favorite level period, second is Soft museum from the original. I always go back to this level when I play.

2. Wizeman, He's pretty badass in this game.

3. Multiple missions, ok I know they sucked but the idea was good. If I made the game I would have just made each mission a new flying course, albeit on a different stage but in the same "world." Also it would have been great if you could freely explore each level as well without hitting an invisble wall. I want to go into that crystal castle damnit and not on helens foot mission.

4. Dreamdrops, simply put i'm a massive collectorholic and I like looking for these things.

5. Online leaderboards. It was fun trying to push myself to beat that guy above me... (I hate that guy :lol:)

bonus number - Octopaw, I liked chasing that guy when I fancied slowing my pace down and enjoying the game relaxed.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
These are just some of the things I love about this game. I tried to list things that people haven't already said, though I don't think I was completely successful.
1. The ability to voluntarily change NiGHTS's forms. In NiD, NiGHTS would change automatically in the water to a mermaid and on the snow slopes to a sled, but that was it. JoD has much more forms: boat, roller-coaster, rolly ball, dolphin, dragon, and rocket (That was all, right?). And three of them you can change to whenever you want. Not that you'd want to change to them much besides rocket, but still. I'm slightly irked that the story says NiGHTS needs the persona masks to change into the dolphin, dragon, and rocket forms, which doesn't make sense because he can change into so many other things without them, but if the freedom to switch between forms could be there without any items, I think that would be cool.
2. The ability to fly around the boss stage as long as you want after beating the boss. I've had fun flying all the way down to the brim of Bomamba's cauldron/pit and up through that hole in the ceiling to the night sky, circling around Queen Bella's pit of doom to see all the eyes on the houses, and seeing how close it'll let me get to that giant sharp-toothed face that popped Donbalon. It always disappoints me in NiD how I can't stick around and check out the interesting stuff like Jackle's room and Puffy's hall.
3. Varied storylines between the boy and girl playable characters. In most other games where there's both a male and female character to play, the stories are the same, or at least very nearly the same. Before seeing JoD, the most I could hope for was slightly changed dialogue. But Helen and Will's stories are notably different from each other, which pleased me, and then they intertwine as it goes along. You didn't know how Will got to the Crystal Castle until playing Lost Park's first mission on Will's story. Likewise, Will randomly finds Helen in Delight City, and in Helen's story you see when Reala send her there and she opens her eyes to see everything blurry at first. I liked the end stage the best when it came to this. I really liked how the game clearly showed that it was Will who was following behind Helen, instead of them just separately flying through the stage without any indication where the other character was the entire time. It was a nice touch that set this game apart.
4. Immersion. Even though the voice acting isn't always the best, the cutscenes admittedly drew me into NiGHTS's world a lot more than it would have otherwise. With that and the wide scenery and little touches such as the chilling "NiiiiGHTSSSS...." in Donbalon's first fight and waterfalls that push you down in Pure Valley, Nightopia and Nightmare become more tangible.
5. Modern video game orchestrated music. The techno blips of older video games can be fun to listen to, but this orchestrated music where I can hear the individual, real instruments playing is something else. These aren't just tunes, they're musical pieces and carry deep moods like stuff you hear on the radio. It sucks me in, and I want to listen to the music even when I'm not playing the game. JoD's was designed, it seems, with the intent of breaking away from video games' habit of a repetitive melody in favor of something more similar to concert music. Compared to other games I've played, it takes a long while before these pieces have to repeat. Pokemon music stuck in my head drives me insane, Metroid Prime music makes me stressed, and MMBN makes me want to bang my head against something. But I have no problem listening to JoD music on my iPod in study hall, even though I have issues with even most modern games' music.

Rachael

Rachael

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
1.Soundtrack- I Love the music to the game. It was so pretty or awesome. Most of the music had alot of emotion in it which I like. The music certainly helps me with my art.

2. Bellbridge-It is a very lovely level. It so bright and beautiful. Need I explain more?

3.Wizeman-Sure he was awesome in the first game but I felt like they made even even more epicly awesome. The voice suits him and his outfit is mega epic. Although the flaw was he was to easy.

4.NiGHTS outfit. I personally think NiGHTS outfits were both great the same way NiD just lovely and simple and JoD shiny and elegant.

5.My dream. Because the place is pretty.

that 5th one failed hard. I could of put it better.

Helen

Helen

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
The script - I love the script in this game.It´s very artistic,and remembering me the old Disney´s scripts.
Nights - You get in love with him,just seeing he fly.His happiness it´s contagious.
The scenaries - They´re just so awesome than other scenaries I´ve ever seen.It´s all magic around.
Will- I personally identifie so much with Will.
The cutscenes - Very fantastic animation,and lovely character design.

Mykonos

Mykonos

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
1. My Dream.
I loved the Chao Gardens in the Sonic Adventure games. I spent more time in them than the games themselves. (And I spent a lot of time playing the main game). I just loved those little guys, and the Nightopians have been the closest thing to a Chao Garden in years.

2. Soundtrack.
There were some great songs here. It's been a while since I've taken a listen, but the Spider-Boss (Bella?) had one of the greatest boss tunes I've ever heard.

3. Cutscenes.
There were some beautiful cutscenes in this game, you know, the really detailed ones, not the ones that used in-game character models. JoD was my first real NiGHTS game, and these cutscenes really helped me get a feel of what NiGHTS is like; at least, the closest feel I'll get until I play NiGHTS Into Dreams.

4. The Game Itself.
As stated in 3., I haven't played NiD, so I couldn't compare this game to the original; therefore, I enjoyed it quite a bit more than what others may have. The gameplay was unlike anything I had played before. Though admittedly I would have preferred an absence of the on-foot levels.

And I can't quite think of a 5 just yet. My ex still has this game, one year later. She lives rather far away, and I mailed it to her so she could play it. She got stuck at Memory Forest, and supposedly has terrible memory. I miss this game.

Lost in Dream

Lost in Dream

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:The Panzer Dragoon Series, Legend of Zelda, NiGHTS, running around as a pirate on the beach
1. The prize at the end of the Dream Drops. Nothing was better than the feeling I got when I unlocked the Skins for Claris and Elliot. It was fun able to run around with them in the game.

2. The opening FMV. It really showed the carefree nature of NiGHTS.

3. The size of the chase levels. As much as I wish you could skip the capture and keep flying around like NiD, the levels were expansive and beautiful to make up for it.

4. The general devious nature of Reala. I like how they showed him tricking the kids and sending them into different dreams. It showed the kinda lengths that Reala would go to build mistrust in NiGHTS and twart the rebellion.

5. The boss battles. I love to push myself and get better scores and then laugh as on random chance when I am just goofing around I do better than normal. But the music also helps keep the boss battle climate also and I like that.

.....Running a close 6 is watching newly paralooped marens, mepians, and pians plummet to the square of ground in My Dream. Always cracks me up. :lol:

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
1. Level designs in general. Fantastic. Utterly fantastic

2. Sky concert. This works so well its almost sublime

3. NiGHTS' new design

4. rocket NiGHTS

5. the boss fights were MUCH better Imo

Guest_MidnightStar_*

Guest_MidnightStar_*
  • Guests
1.Sky concert-Because the level and music is pretty.
2.Reala-Because of his sexy laugh and new design.
3.The opening-I liked to see the carefree NiGHTS
4.The new bosses-
5.My Dream-It remined me of the Chao Garden from the Sonic Adventure games, which I loved.

dallie15

dallie15

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Infernape, Pokemon, uh.... isn't NiGHTS a given? I also love
    drawing.
Man, I love cutscenes. The cutscenes in JoD were one of my favorite things :D

I quite enjoyed most of the boss battles (except for Bomamba, can you say RAEG?!?)

Dat Octopaw must be another favorite of mine

Dragon NiGHTS ftw

And finally, NiGHTS' accent. British chicks (or Nightmarens, in this case) are the bomb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users