Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS stuff on ebay

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
*sigh* you all do realise that now that yous have bid, i shall be forced to snipe it all in the last 5 seconds...if i had that kind of money...but i shall be snipin' just to warn :P

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Wow... Everything already has quite a few bids and it's not even close to being over yet... there go my hopes and dreams. (Not that I had an extra $90 to spend on a NiGHTS plush, anyway. That's just crazy!)

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
$93 on the NiGHTS plush...jesus!

Time for me to get bidding on some of these and worry about payment later...

KENOSiS

KENOSiS

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
NiGHTS usually goes for around $275. Even though I love NiGHTS, he's just not worth that kind of money. Especially the flying pose, I don't like it. He looks more like he's dancing than flying.
I bet Reala will go for $150-$200
Elliot and Claris will get to around $100
and Nightopian will only get 1 bid, if that.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Well apparently he was worth $1500 to me, though I don't have a plushie to show for my valiant efforts...>_>

I'm going to get working on some analytics (graphs, etc) that track their prices over the course of the 7-day auction. I'll release them as PDFs once the auctions are complete and I've had a chance to format everything all pretty like. To prevent graph clutter I'll probably group them by type of item (poster/promo material, game, CD, plush, other merch)

Also, if people know the MSRPs of any of these (save for UFO catcher plushies, posters, etc) shout them out so I can add those to the reports.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
There is no MSRP for the UFO plushies or posters since they are promo items and were never intended for retail sale.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Yeeees, the plushies were all from UFO machines. It's hard to gauge what RRP is because I've never actually seen any of them 'sold' firsthand anywhere. Well apart from some of the newer t-shirts on SEGA before their store closed. Pre 07 its very hard to say D:

edit- oh and you can bet that Reala will go for more than NiGHTS. He always does. Because he rolls like that yo.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
all common sense and logic dictates not to go near those plushies as they're not worth the money...so what compells me to get them so...

why does NiGHTS merch have to be so goddamn rare and expensive ;) although those prices are still fairly cheap!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I want to see those graphs, TRAViS. It will be great proof about how obsessive NiGHTS fans really are. ;)

Dreams

Dreams

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Это тебя не касается. Убирайся.
I thought it might not be too late to get to know some of you before all my NiGHTS merch (hopefully) ends up living with you? If anyone wants things made easier, I have detailed scans/pics/etc of all the stuff there, and the few things I saved - if it's not up on my site, it's on this computer somewhere. (Content raid ASAP - I like to share, and my website will be gone eventually.)

And Travis, I have MSRPs for the bulk of everything (sans the promo items), if you want me to make a list.

And since I'm a merchandise junkie, have any of you shopped at Yahoo Japan Auctions? If you guys love NiGHTS, and rare merchandise, this is really the only destination you need. Even by using a deputy service, you'll literally save hundreds of dollars, and find stuff that doesn't even pop up on eBay.

For instance, another copy of the sheet music book has been floating around for a while. Even though that's about $170, it's there, for sale, and believe me... there's virtually no competition on YJA. I got my piano book for $40, and no one else bid on it. Same thing happened when I won an auction for the UFO dolls of Reala, Elliot, and the Pian for $50. When I was broke, I cried in outrage as a hands-down NiGHTS UFO doll went for roughly $20. Strangely enough, the only things that really get heated are the DREAMS DREAMS singles and the Satakore version of the original NiGHTS game.

Anyway, time for me to get some sleep... x_x

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Less than a day to go on everything...

Looking through my eBay bid history...I'm going to fork out a pretty penny once this is over if I'm not outbid at the last second on anything!
ALSO: Bidding on (and currently winning) all the soundtrack CDs except for the mini-CD sampler. I'm absolutely ripping them to a lossless format if I win, so we got something more for the site. I know there's a lot up already, but I'm a quality snob :P

EDIT: Welcome Dreams! It's sad that you have to part with your NiGHTS merch, but rest assured they're all going into good hands with members from the forums here. The Yahoo Japan auctions thing is interesting; I'll have to take a look into that for some other things I've had my eye on. If only I could read japanese...

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
AH! I thought that was you Dreams! *TACKLEHUG* :3

Welcome welcome! We're gonna smother you with fan-love, if we haven't already, so be prepared! X3 Do hope you're having a lovely time here!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I think i bought my CD single for about $10 because nobody realised how rare it was XD; It's so cute and tiny!

*GLUES DREAMS TO KORI AND ANYONE ELSE WITHIN 3 TOPICS AWAY*

Like hell am I letting you run off, lol XD

THERES TOO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT. ARGH!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
daww pian's not gettin any love bids D: if no-one else is biddin on him, i shall buy him and love him, because i'm clearly unaware that they're inanimate objects that dont need love. it's good that there's a good few minutes spacing between the items, it means that people bidding on multiple things can quickly jump to the next item :)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

I thought it might not be too late to get to know some of you before all my NiGHTS merch (hopefully) ends up living with you? If anyone wants things made easier, I have detailed scans/pics/etc of all the stuff there, and the few things I saved - if it's not up on my site, it's on this computer somewhere. (Content raid ASAP - I like to share, and my website will be gone eventually.)

And Travis, I have MSRPs for the bulk of everything (sans the promo items), if you want me to make a list.

And since I'm a merchandise junkie, have any of you shopped at Yahoo Japan Auctions? If you guys love NiGHTS, and rare merchandise, this is really the only destination you need. Even by using a deputy service, you'll literally save hundreds of dollars, and find stuff that doesn't even pop up on eBay.

For instance, another copy of the sheet music book has been floating around for a while. Even though that's about $170, it's there, for sale, and believe me... there's virtually no competition on YJA. I got my piano book for $40, and no one else bid on it. Same thing happened when I won an auction for the UFO dolls of Reala, Elliot, and the Pian for $50. When I was broke, I cried in outrage as a hands-down NiGHTS UFO doll went for roughly $20. Strangely enough, the only things that really get heated are the DREAMS DREAMS singles and the Satakore version of the original NiGHTS game.

Anyway, time for me to get some sleep... x_x

First, thank you for giving us the chance to bid on the things we love, even if you have to let them go. Glad to see you here and hope you stick around for a while!

Second, I don't think we would have gotten the scans for the sheet music book from Malan if you hadn't put it up for auction, so just by doing that, you've already done many of us a great service. It's funny how things don't come to light until the right circumstances.

Third: $170?!? Oh man, that's a good chunk of the old moola...

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Wah, Dreams! I's good to have you here! I will do my best to spend as much money on you as possible! And thank you for telling us about yahoo... teach me how to use it properly sometime! I already found another copy of the perfect album (Which ends in 30 mins T_T) but my grasp of japanese is still elementary, so... ^^;

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Go figure the night before me and TRiPPY have to wake up early to travel to a wedding is the same night these bids end.

Riiiiiiiiiight then! Let's get started, shall we! XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
We'll be staying up till 4am o_O oh man my eyes burn already, so tired T^T

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
no longer permitted to bid by the parents, so yeah, good luck to everyone on bidding, get dreams the money she needs! :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
THE STUFF YOU DO WHEN YOURE SITTING UP LATE AND BORED AND TIRED=

Posted Image

TEETH
webcam filters are fun

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

We'll be staying up till 4am o_O oh man my eyes burn already, so tired T^T

Wowza!! Don't pass out!!

Less than 1 hour to go before the first item ends!!

And welcome Dreams! Thank you so much for allowing us to bid on your merch and I hope you get what you need financially. I'm glad you could join us and I hope you enjoy it here :lol:

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Please nobody snipe the CD's or the case from me...going to rip them and send any that aren't already on the site in...

Here we go people!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
i'm entertaining myself until it's all finished by watching family guy & american dad, and playing harvest moon on the ps1 :( i'm not even bidding anymore, yet i'm staying up to see how it all goes, how sad am i :lol:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
*Sits atop a roof, looking down into the auction house across the street. His watch beeps. 2 minutes and counting. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a sniper rifle. He takes his aim*

Ready when you are, ladies.

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Bank Accounts!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
one down! who won the posters?

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

one down! who won the posters?

I have some new stuff to decorate my walls with!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
you lucky bugger travis! :lol:

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Bought the dream pack, homies! Aaaooowww!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*snicker* this is fun! I'm so used to buy it now auctions i forgot what bidding was like XD

I'm not bidding on any of the soundtracks because i have them all.

Good luck guys :lol:

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
well done DiGi! up next be the CD!

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Bought the dream pack, homies! Aaaooowww!!

Welcome to the owner's club! Next up, the OST CD, and I hope it's mine!

YOINK!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
and travis wins again!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
$41 for the OST man thats a steal. I bought mine for $120 D: Did you get it Travis?

-and the REMiX cd has gone for $9.99 which is really suprising as its a good CD

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Alongside the Remix CD for just 9.99!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
travis man, you are owning these auctions so far! :lol:

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Vocal Album and Club Saturn? WON!

One more to go...the best of the best...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Perfect Album up next. This one should sell a bit better.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Ooooh the Perfect Album looks so beautiful...I'll leave it for you TRAViS!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
You won the vocal album? awesome :lol: never heard that before but i have Club Saturn. Be sure to recorddd it!

Next up the perfect album. Worth every penny. Bid guys. It's an amazing bit of merch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users