Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pet Peeves

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

I'm also annoyed when people leave the toilet seat up. :P

I had to smile on that one...

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
I hate when people say a game is bad because of the graphics, too. I know people who'd take good graphics over good gameplay/good story/good characters any day. Disgusts me. Those people aren't gamers, they're "Bro Gamers" (see VGCats.com)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.

Oh lol yeah, overnight fad Bisexuals *lmao* i hate those too. I'm open with my sexuality if someone asks, but people who feel the need to wear it above their head like some kinda hottopic beanie hat, it's sad. I mean do straight people go around parading that they are straight? e_e; bleh

There's a guy doing that over at OCR these days and it is starting to get on my nerves, because it seems like he uses it as an excuse/reasoning for everything. Boo for web drama.

Also, I'll admit I'm guilty of leaving the seat up sometimes but I do my best not to out of curtesy. Nobody's perfect! :)

Finally, What? you aint a bro? be a bro, bro, cmon bro! BRO! Okay, sorry, couldn't resist. :P

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I also hate when I don't understand a joke, but that isn't anyones fault but mine...

Oh, and I hate when people bash games with anime people saying that they're just stupid "Jap Games." This is just willful ignorance. If you actually read the credits you'll see alot of gaems are produced by the Japanese, not just ones with anime graphics.

AMEN EZEKiAL!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I hate when food goes bad. Strawberries are especially susceptible. Always getting overripe in the fridge from sitting too long. Dangit.

I really hate misplacing objects. Often enough I put something somewhere and then cannot remember where. I look all over and still can't find it.

I hate it when people generalize 'cartoons' as something for kids.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Outside of communication, what if someone adds extra letters to a song's lyrics just to know how to stress the words properly? I'm...guilty of doing that to random songs that come to mind (most recently, "Magical Dreamers" from Chrono Cross getting some self-made lyrics...which I consider pretty bad XP).

I do that too. To stress something, extra letters are fine; I can understand the use. With random typing, though, it makes it hard to read.

TORiAS- Not getting a joke is just as annoying when you're the person telling the joke. It took three days before a firend of mine gave up trying to figure out a joke. What was it?

"Two men walk into a bar. The third one ducks."

Viper- People who generalise "cartoon" are very annoying. I would never show the "Valse Triste" segment from "Allegro Non Troppo" (A cartoon!) to many kids, it's about a dead cat's ghost wandering it's old house. Very, very sad. :)

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.

"Two men walk into a bar. The third one ducks."

-starts cracking up-

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

-starts cracking up-

I forgot the best part of the story. After three days of the four of us trying to explain the joke to my friend, she said simply:

"It's not funny if you have to explain it."

<_<

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
-in hysterics now-

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I despise with a firey passion- toes and fingers that go crinkly in the bath like a big SPONGE. You get out and it's like aaaiiieeee return to normal please!

Also hate motivating myself to dry my hair. It takes too much effort.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
teenage drama. i'm only 18 and i'm already sick of it! :lol:

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
1. When my brother plays guitar in the morning while I'm still trying to sleep
2. When my girlfriend won't tell me what's bothering her
3. When mom goes insane over me finishing a bag of chips that was almost gone to begin with

So much more though... XD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Also hate motivating myself to dry my hair. It takes too much effort.

I hate drying my hair, too. What stinks is that if I don't dry it, I end up having a giant triangle around my head. Stupid poofy hair. :lol:

Edit: I remebered another pet peeve of mine: song lyrics that I can't understand. I love Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal, but what on Earth is he saying? Here's what I heard:

As I came into the Cujo
I heard the sound of
like, a shing doe

He came into her apartment
he left a blush face on the carpet
She was running in the day bowl
he could see she was enabled
So she ran up to the bedroom
she was struck down
it was some boom

She came into the soup bay, it was a Sunday, oh what a bleak day

Are you the subject of the extract

Here's the actual lyrics:

As He Came Into The Window
It Was The Sound Of A Crescendo
He Came Into Her Apartment
He Left The Bloodstains On The Carpet
She Ran Underneath The Table
He Could See She Was Unable
So She Ran Into The Bedroom
She Was Struck Down, It Was Her Doom

Annie Are You OK?

So They Came Into The Outway
It Was Sunday - What A Black Day
Mouth To Mouth Resus - Citation

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Here are a few things that tends to get under my skin...

1. When people walk around outside with their pants almost literally hanging off of them and almost showing their butts and/or underwear. I still can't see how that even can be considered a "style" these days.
2. Spoiled kids/teenagers/adults who demand that they get their way all of the time.
3. Rebels/whiners without a cause.
4. Rapid fanboys and fangirls
5. People on the Internet who'd rather insult and fight (with spelling and grammar horrible enough to make their English teacher cry no less) than have a civilized debate.
6. People just spitting everywhere... but that's only because I find it to be pretty gross.
7. When people make a mess... and then leave it there.

Oddly enough, I'm forced to put up with numbers 2, 3, and 7 on a daily basis...

Edit: I forgot to add a couple...
8. People who seem to think that it's funny or wrong that I like anime, manga video games, and the Harry Potter series.
9. People who don't pull their fair share of work (whether it's at school, at work, or at home).
10. Excessive and unnecessary bossiness

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
*having to put the game down right when I'm about to beat a stage or I'm just getting to the good part T T
*when people don't think for themselves but have to have everything handed to them
*people gossiping about their friends behind their backs. I find that just despicable. That's not even real friendship.
*last-minute plans
*my little brother calling me n00b
*people trying to talk to me while I'm trying to focus on something else (homework, reading, writing, drawing, video games, etc)

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Another pet peeve of mine is when people act really immature and are actually trying to get on my nerves. Also, I hate not having any dry shirts to put on when I get out of the shower.

Watersage

Watersage

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Yaoi, Sweets, Peaceful nights, Stars, The color purple, My family, Friends, and Cake. Too bad its a lie...
1. Mary sues. They're really annoying by being perfect. They're good at everything and they're so pretty that even bad guys fall in love with her. Plus, they have really long names that NO one can pronounce. Also, they ALWAYS have dark or tragic pasts. That, and they kill the "Nobody is perfect" phrase.

2. Bullies and jerks. THEY ARE SO ANNOYING! They think that it's fun to bully people and make their life a living hell everyday. Plus, They think the whole freakin world revolves around them. I can't believe they think that being rude means popularity. It makes them look like Jerks instead.

3. Flamers, haters, and internet trolls. IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING! Seriously, It's okay to voice your opinion, But EVERYONE does not have to agree with you.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

1. Mary sues. They're really annoying by being perfect. They're good at everything and they're so pretty that even bad guys fall in love with her. Plus, they have really long names that NO one can pronounce. Also, they ALWAYS have dark or tragic pasts. That, and they kill the "Nobody is perfect" phrase.

Funny thing. I never knew what a Mary-Sue was when first started writing fanfiction. Found out too late and poor Ms. Destine is suffering from some symptoms (like learning something quick...but I did try to make her realistic). :/ Frickin' Sly Cooper thing. Though now, I'm compensating with the only scapegoats I have (like her costume and a certain plot twist around Rajan's palace) and so far, I think I'm saving the OC from drowning into Mary-Sue Lake.

Though seriously, I hate Mary-Sues. The Twilight...thing irks the writer and book lover in me (which is a good majority of who I am). I've skimmed the beginning...and I found it to be one of the most awful books ever made. /stops rant before going crazy

In short, I agree with you. Mary-Sues (or even Gary-Stus) are the utter abominations of perfections that ruin stories. Seriously, make the OC realistic... *blink* Huh... Actually, I think it might've been some Mary-Sue fanfics that made me want to make my own fanfics different in the first place... Guess that's one good thing, eh? Mary-Sues can spur people into making their own OCs that aren't perfect abominations. :3

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
I rarely get mad about anything but I have a pet peeve about plenty of things... lets see...
People judging a game by it's graphics, people who are excessively (filtration prevents me from using the technical term... so... gay) around me when I ask them not to be, immature behavior (sex jokes, perversion, etc.), political conversations, people who hold guns sideways (gangster I think they call it), people say "gangster" in place of terms meaning "cool", people who stick a weapon of any kind down the front of their pants, movie actors that don't know how to use a sword/knife

Posted Image
What the blazes is she trying to do!? Eat the damn blade!?
People who say guns are better than martial arts, people who call new players NOOBS (The correct term is newb! noobs are morons, newbs are newbies), and last but not least...
People who have Sephiroth or Master Chief in their username...

Just off the top of my head...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

A agree that excessively perfect characters can be annyoing, but a balance needs to exsist. Why should a fancharacter be totally divorced from the real characters' world? As long as a rational connection is made without too much baring on the main polt (Like saying that someone's fanmaren killed Reala or something), then I'm ok with it.

movie actors that don't know how to use a sword/knife

Posted Image
What the blazes is she trying to do!? Eat the damn blade!?

Yes. Taratino coated it in chocolate before filming. :)

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
It irritates me so much that--at least here in America--even once you're a legal adult, most educational and government organizations still treat you like a minor for six years or so. :D

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
-When you're in your nice warm socks and you step in something wet. :D
-Squishy fruit.
-Pennies.
-Aggreeing with Dark Magician, people spitting. You're not cool for spiting on the ground, and it's freaking disgusting. Especially INDOORS! (Yes, I see people spit in school and in malls all the time.)
-Cold showers
-Warm soft drinks.
-How little kids' hands always seem to be sticky. Makes me not wanna be near them.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I hate how no one seems to share my bizarre tastes, especially in music. There's no one to talk to. :D

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
well some of my pet peeves are well one one is my thing about well whiny kids do they ever shut up

HelenBaby

HelenBaby

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Video games, drawing, acting
Loads of things! Here's what comes immediately to mind :

~ glitches in Sonic games
~ SILVER (the Hedgehog)!
~ Sharon Osborne
~ job-hunting
~ how Livejournal is runs reeeally slow from my laptop (that pisses me off no end)
~ 'too-cool-for-school' trendwhore nobs like Peaches Geldof
~ Deviantart's new interface
~ Leona Lewis
~ Santander and their stupid overdrawn charges. And just in general.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
This is borderline pathetic, but I hate when people make spelling or grammar mistakes, then yell at me for being a "snob" when I point it out. When it changes the entire message of your paper, it needs to be fixed! I don't think that I'm rude about it, but it happens nonetheless.

It also annoys me when people instantly label my tastes as stupid just because they're obscure. Yes, Ed Wood is an accuired taste. At least let me explain what I like and why I like it...

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
*twitch* Just hit this head-on. Didn't think much of it, but it really debilitates the writer in me. Simply put: Bad sentence structure and grammar. Now, when writing I try to avoid that, but when it's suddenly in a story that started out nicely... well that conflicts the writer and book-lover in me...and something breaks. Inspirational is hard to come by after that.

Yes, it's very exciting to get a chapter out, just please go over it before posting.

Also...

- Blinding lights first thing when waking up. ...Ow.
- Hard-to-find game discs that suddenly decide to start skipping. :D (No, it wasn't Space Channel 5...although it's been a good month since I last faced Pudding.)
- Not having a neighbor to talk to about plot bunnies or fanfic ideas. They build up and they're either scrapped, canceled, or keep popping back up. Plus talking to someone is great for bouncing around ideas and getting past Writer's Block.*hammers sign saying "Plot bunnies to good home" into ground*
- Insomnia. Minor compared to other peeves, but insomnia bites. Usually happens when incredibly anxious about something or late ideas pop up.

Now to listen to retro 90's music. Good ol' fashioned brain washing. :o

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I hate titles. Everything time I think of something, I find that it's already been done. D:

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
An annoying thing is that last week my Saturn started not playing the start of Wizeman's boss fight right. During the part where Claris & Elliot are floating in blackness, it only plays every two notes it seems, up until the part where they turn into NiGHTSx2. Or the music between the foreground notes is silent, or something. All I know is that there's a gap. Maybe it has to do with me resetting my Saturn twice that week.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

I hate titles. Everything time I think of something, I find that it's already been done. D:

Ah. That can be a bit irritating. I can help a bit though. One thing I've found out is that the title can say a lot about a story.

Examples:

Harry Potter series. It all revolved around the boy and ended when his adventures did.

Dragonball series. Ended when the Dragonballs had no more use.

Tales of the Abyss PS2 game. Like the other "Tales of" games, you can guess that "Abyss" relates to the story somehow. (And boy does it.) Likewise, "Symphonia" related to a "symphony" or a "harmony" with something.

Cinderella. Disney kept making movies since Cinderella could keep. Coming. Back. Simple story, but because "happily ever after" doesn't cut it anymore, it can keep going and going and going and going...

So whatever the title is it should reflect what the entire story is about. If the story is related to an artifact, the story can no longer proceed when that object has no more use. The more thoroughly the object is rendered useless, the less of a chance for a sequel. If the story revolves around a character, it can go the way of Cinderella or Harry Potter...or it can end when the character is dead. It just depends on the story and it's elements. The title could even allude to something in the story and that would do as well. (Personally, I love the one I made in high school. I've never seen a book with it's title, mostly because a lot of people would look at it as a "spiritual book"...not! Now if only I could finish it. T_T)

Tails Doll

Tails Doll

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Oh... A little of this; a little of that.<br /><br />I really love racing and NiGHTS, though. :D
People who leave the front door open, who put the recyclables in the trash, and trying to come up with a third thing to fulfill the rule of three. :D

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
When people leave the lights on in rooms that no one's using.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
When I'm in bed about to fall asleep, and someone comes in, then they leave and LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN!

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
People who use their cell phones while driving (it's stupid)
People who send text messages while driving (it's BEYOND FREAKING IDIOCY!)

Seriously, if any of you text while driving, stop. If any of you are friends with someone who texts while driving, give them a boot to the head.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I get annoyed when there are character limits when you're typing in a text field that can obviously take more characters. Last night I was making an alarm clock on my phone and luckily I completed the title because I had maxed out the amount of letters I could use even though the bar makes you believe you can type a bit more.

The same went for White Knight Chronicles. I was making a combo on a reasonably long text bar when I discovered that I couldn't put more than two words. The thing that got me though was the fact that there were predetermined names that were longer than I could make.

EDIT: I just thought of two more. I hate seeing advertisements before videos, especially when the product being sold has nothing to do with what I'm trying to watch in the first place. For example, I'm watching Code Geass on YouTube earlier and I keep seeing ads about Twitter on Fios and Taylor Swift with a Sony camera.

Another pet peeve I have is seeing Naruto, Inuyasha, Bleach, or One Piece characters at the top of anime websites. I know it's very immature of me but I'd much rather see a least popular anime like Claymore, Jin-Roh, or Battle Angel Agita at the top for once. Maybe some people will be like, "Hey what's that show?" and then they'll go looking for the answer.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

Another pet peeve I have is seeing Naruto, Inuyasha, Bleach, or One Piece characters at the top of anime websites. I know it's very immature of me but I'd much rather see a least popular anime like Claymore, Jin-Roh, or Battle Angel Agita at the top for once. Maybe some people will be like, "Hey what's that show?" and then they'll go looking for the answer.

In it's defense, One Piece is absolutely brilliant and deserves more praise than it's other peers, but I know what you mean. Hell, I'm an ardent fan of Fist of the North Star and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, so I know the feeling.

Okay, some pet peeves I feel like rambling off. Some loud and explicit ranting to myself later in private help me let off the steam.

-People who try to debate with straw men and other fallacies.
-People who are rude to the waiters at restaurants.
-People who talk on their cell phone while driving.
-People who stay on their cell phone while ordering something at a food place.
-Holy rollers.
-Visibly shitty parents.
-Old, shitty drivers
-Young, shitty drivers
-Kids. (mostly)
-Commercials
-People who take forever at the drive through. (I only walk in places now)
-People who pronounce Italian soda Eye-talian soda. (from the country of Eyetaly I guess)
-When that one person at the bank has to always ask you if you feel like doing sh!t with your accounts and it gets to the point where you make yourself look like the asshole by cutting them off at the pass.

I could go on but I'll save this stuff for later installments. XD

Auto-Fox

Auto-Fox

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Alright, some of my pet-peeves are:

1 - Politicians who make issues where there were none before, and also who make decisions regarding things they know nothing about. For example, a few years ago in Germany, they tried to ban paintball. During the hearings, however, it became clear that a good number of the opposition though paintball was some kind of video game, and knew nothing about what it was in reality.

2 - Organizations/individuals which/who you're expected not to criticize. For example, the church, charities, Werner von Braun, great Victorian authors, etc. I'll say what I damn well want about them! Most of them deserve whatever comments AND criticism they get.

3 - People who worship sports, and criticize you if you're not involved in one. American Football, for example. Seriously, has anyone ever SEEN a more pointless sport? I'm not INVOLVED in sports, nor do I follow them, because the vast majority are huge d*ck-waving competitions which make childish jocks out of thinking adults.
On the other hand, if you admit to liking motor-racing, like Rally or Gran Prix (NOT the inanity that is NASCAR), people look at you like a martian.

4 - People who maintain that videogames are not a relevant medium, and that they are not art. I'm sorry, it's a medium which has CHANGED the way people interact with technology FOREVER. It has also turned visual entertainment from a completely passive experience to an engrossing, highly interactive one. Also, there is an undeniable creative process that goes into it.

5 - Children who think fighting is a form of play. Seriously, when we visited a summer camp where my mom used to go for an event, someone had taken their ten-year-old along. The kid tackled and beat up my brother for no reason, then looked confused when I yelled at him to stop. Apparently he thought it was all a game.

6 - Parents who yell at their young children simply for being curious. Also, parents who glare at you if you step within ten feet of them and their child.

7 - College slackers, or as my Study Strategies professor aptly referred to them, "the Boil on the Ass of Humanity". These are the people who bring NO material to class, sit behind you with a cell phone obviously under the desk, and then turn around and ask the person behind them to explain everything the professor just finished explaining.
You paid $500 for this class! LEARN sh!t!

8 - Networks. Especially Fox. These are the huge, faceless corporations which, when they HAVE a good, intelligent show (*cough*Firefly*cough*), mishandle it and cancel it after the first season. Meanwhile, utter dribble gets shown during prime-time and goes for ten whole seasons.

9 - People who criticize all videogames as being ultra-violent and solely aimed at kids under 18, a statistic which has long been proven incorrect, and that they should be completely banned. I'm sorry, but under freedom of expression, that can't be done. These people seem to be willfully ignorant of the fact that there IS a fairly competent rating system for videogames which is DESIGNED to keep inappropriate games OUT of the hands of minors. However, obviously, parents just disregard it and buy whatever game their kids ask for, rather than actually doing some RESEARCH, which is EASIER THAN EVER THESE DAYS.

10 - "Wiggers". I don't think I have to explain why.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

3 - People who worship sports, and criticize you if you're not involved in one. American Football, for example. Seriously, has anyone ever SEEN a more pointless sport? I'm not INVOLVED in sports, nor do I follow them, because the vast majority are huge d*ck-waving competitions which make childish jocks out of thinking adults.
On the other hand, if you admit to liking motor-racing, like Rally or Gran Prix (NOT the inanity that is NASCAR), people look at you like a martian.

I agree, people get WAY too worked up about sports. It's OK to like them, play a sport for fun, or watch it on TV sometimes. But when people go yelling at the TV screen and explaining every little detail about the game, it's ridiculous. My grandpa gets so worked up about it, it's sickening.

The TV post-game things are even worse than the sports themselves. If the team loses, they'll say something like "We've gotta score more and not let as many goals/touchdowns/runs get past". NO SH!T!

And yes, Football is just so dumb. I can't bare to watch the sport.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Little brothers who spend their money on random stuff like 6+ packs of Pokemon cards all at once just because they had an impulse and then later complain that they have no money. <<

9 - People who criticize all videogames as being ultra-violent and solely aimed at kids under 18, a statistic which has long been proven incorrect, and that they should be completely banned. I'm sorry, but under freedom of expression, that can't be done. These people seem to be willfully ignorant of the fact that there IS a fairly competent rating system for videogames which is DESIGNED to keep inappropriate games OUT of the hands of minors. However, obviously, parents just disregard it and buy whatever game their kids ask for, rather than actually doing some RESEARCH, which is EASIER THAN EVER THESE DAYS.

In the same vein: those parents that I see buy their kids whatever random game that the kid picks up in GameStop. The parents don't know anything about it, the kids don't know anything about it, and they're just hoping that it'll be a fun and appropriate game. The parents seem to think that these are like the action figures, toy planes, dolls, etc., but they're not. You can't just look at them and tell if they're "right." You have to at least watch it in action before you know for sure. YouTube, anyone? Also, I do have to wonder at the adults who will try to figure out what games to get kids without asking someone more knowledgeable for help. "Let's see...She likes those Professor games...Yes, those games, Professor Layton..." "She has them already, dear." "Oh, darn...Oh, look there's a Nintendogs game. Maybe she'll like that." I wasn't sure whether to laugh or to mention that Nintendogs was not nearly as intellectually stimulating as Professor Layton. In the end, I kept silent because, well, most people shopping for a gift probably wouldn't like a stranger who's not an employee coming up and telling them what to buy.

Another pet peeve: people who aren't open to advice/negotiation from anyone (not just me). Sometimes, someone has a better idea. Or, sometimes, you're just plain wrong and need to let someone tell you that without getting angry.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Some more:

- People who touch/move my stuff. I know it looks like I've thrown rocks around randomly, but do you have any idea how long it took to make it look that way? D:
- People who go into something knowing that there will be commentary, then complain about all the talking.
- When people freak out over things without knowing the whole story. Just because it may look like something is real does not mean that it isn't just a really elaborate effect.
- Waiting. I want to give the presentation I've been working on for three weeks now, thank you very much.
- Alternate titles. Italian (Eye-talian?) movies are particularly guilty of this- every one seems to have a few real titles, a few fake sequel names, and some irrelevant stuff.
- People who think that, because they like a particular genre of music, they must change everything about themselves. It's werid and fake.

-People who pronounce Italian soda Eye-talian soda. (from the country of Eyetaly I guess)

Italian soda is grounds for mockery. There's a particular apertif called Beverly, and I think it might be pure sour and bitter in liquid form. Deport the junk to Eyetaly. D:

5. - Children who think fighting is a form of play. Seriously, when we visited a summer camp where my mom used to go for an event, someone had taken their ten-year-old along. The kid tackled and beat up my brother for no reason, then looked confused when I yelled at him to stop. Apparently he thought it was all a game.

Maybe it's because parents have no idea what they are doing. I have heard of young kids at the recent Nightmare on Elm Street remake. What's next, a 3-year old field trip to "I Spit on Your Grave"? :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users