Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IMPORTANT: Major website rehaul planned

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
And now it's grey. ....WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! ARE YOU CRAZY??? [/knuckles]

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
lol!

Okay, I've got the basics set up. So now I'm going to finish the skin, upload it, then get to work on remaking all the website pages and figuring out the weirdness of Wordpress' menu @~@

Wordpress is awesome yet the admin panel verges on stupidly overdone sometimes. I DONT CARE ABOUT PINGBACKS OR RSS. Nor do i want to see what people are saying about my site elsewhere *lmao* oh god, way to give someone a complex.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Omg! It's beginning to take form! I so happi T_T

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I'm so glad I got up early for this. XD

Go Trippy go!

*cheers*

Edit: Saw what you got. LOVING the BG image. >3< You should take screencaps as you work!

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
-eagerbouncing- Yay! It's STARTING! Or beginning... or something... -shuts up and puts herself away in her Loufren Box-

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Still tinkering away at the skin before i start messing with pages and links. This is awesomely trying my patience :P
Now to fix the graphics on the top bar...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.

This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.

....wtf are you doing, TRiP? XD

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
Go TRiPPY go! :3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oh lol I'm just making space because if you dont have enough text (which ALL the pages will) the bottom looks funny and i know you'll phone me to tell me it looks broken. Consider it Work in progress filler junk.

Right now I'm setting up our Twitter feed, poll and maybe even music station (but i don't know if anyone has a site music widget for playing our mp3's we've made)

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
Apparently I started coming here more often on the cusp of a NiGHTs' site rennaissance! *cheers TRiPPY on!*

Also, this thread is exactly what I love about the smaller-ish, more focused forums: it's like a family. People aren't fighting for posts and whatnot, just silly fun and awesomeness. You have my stamp of approval.

Now, let's see if all of us can keep up this posting now through when the new site is all up...and BEYOND!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
haha yeah the forums used to be a lot like this back in the day before JoD gave everyone something new to play. We were all really close and had a lot of fun and madtimes. Going try to get it back to how closeknit it was with all you new guys giving new life to the community. I definately have a lot to do for you lot and I'm happy I'm in the kinda position where i can.

Currently tackling $args = wp_parse_args( $args, $defaults );$args = wp_parse_args( $args, $defaults );$args = wp_parse_args( $args, $defaults );$args = wp_parse_args( $args, $defaults );$args = wp_parse_args( $args, $defaults );$args = wp_parse_args( $args, $defaults ); crap like that, and trying to make the top menu display what i want it to without just listing every single page i make. Trying to put it into order involves hacking away at insane bits of code ;_; ARGS! It's massively hurting my brain but I'll keep at it.

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Woot! Go TRiPPY!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Trying to figure out how to stop the top menu page links being in stupid alphabetical order

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
HOLY FRIG!!!

*eyes explode*
my old book mark still links to the old page, Is it okay if I keep it for old times sake or will the old site dissapear altogether?

P.S.: off topic, I know, but I got the paint samples! My parents want me to be more 'normal', so my excuse was I'm making a collage XD

*whooshes to secret room*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
WOW. It's so big and pretty and diffrerent! While the old site made me think of a comfy little low-ceilinged riim, the new version bis like the site is a fancy NiGHTS manison. So what if my mind associates websites with buildings! :P

I love the logo. How ever did you do it?

Sooo a crumpet is an English muffin? -wince- I'm not particularly fond of those... but the scones sound tasty. ;)

Scones are delish, especially with Devon cream and strawberry jam. *yum*

Can my fellow devoties of Brittish pastries be of any more help? I feel like I'm missing an important part of my description. :)

Wordpress is awesome yet the admin panel verges on stupidly overdone sometimes. I DONT CARE ABOUT PINGBACKS OR RSS. Nor do i want to see what people are saying about my site elsewhere *lmao* oh god, way to give someone a complex.

Whee, paranoia is fun! ;)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i was about to comment with "wtf where are you all seeing this!" as i click on the top bit to get to the site from here. upon actually typing NiD.com myself i saw it, that looks really good! great work so far!

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
-oohs and ahhs at the prettiness- It are... ... too awesome to describe... -faints-

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
*Marries the new website design.*

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I just took a look at the new website. Best. Background. Image. Ever. It works oh so beautifully with the page and looks awesome on a 1920x1200 display. Plus the color theme is damn near perfect.

I wish I could help you with some of the website code, but alas I long ago switched from computer science to accounting in school so I haven't kept up with any sort of coding. Maybe as a side project, who knows. Though I'd definitely love to help out with the wiki once that comes.

You're off to a fantastic start TRiP! I can't wait to see the site develop!

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Oh my gosh! So beautiful! This is great, TRiPPY! And I noticed the editing on NiGHTS's face. Now that's what I call a smile! :lol:

I pray for your success and your sleep. Well, you won't need the prayers for your success because you're doing awesome like always, but for sleep you might. :P I hope you get sleep. I'd feel bad if you didn't.

Cloud_Ninja

Cloud_Ninja

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The new website looks so pretty, seems more... NiGHTSy?

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I had a DREAM!!!

We were all one big family and apparently TRiPPY was our mother...Keeper? Something....And she kept yelling at me to stop clicking stuff on the new site cause she was working on it...

o_O

Weird...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
i fucked up o.o

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
*Hits DiGi with a bag of doorknobs*

>:[

---------

^v^ Annnnyway! Moving on. Going to work my arse off today and get as much done as i can. Expect lots of broken things and things that look weirder than usual.
I was going to kill DiGi yesterday. He kept phoning me up to tell me THINGS I WAS WORKING ON WERE BROKEN. Key words there being WORKING ON, lol.
Today shouldn't be as messy as yesterday.

AND PS) yes I'll be changing the site background every now and then for events/holidays/games etc much like Myspace does from time to time. But this is the default one. Gonna make a Reala one too >o>

---------

EDIT-
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *airpunch*
I just figured out how to work/link the top menu. I had to get a new plug in. Took me ages to figure out but i got there in the end. Wordpress can be stupid for no reason sometimes.

--------

Also i fixed the Oekaki and upgraded it. I'm probably going to brighten up its colors a bit too later on this week as it looks dated now. But still, have fun drawing in it. And remember people- SAFETY SAVES!

---------

Hmmm... image uploads in wordpress work differently than I imagined. Will probably only use direct image upload for news articles and keep the ftp for page uploads. Currently working on the podcast page and trying to remember how the hell rss works.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?

*Hits DiGi with a bag of doorknobs*

>:[

My first reaction to that before I read the rest was, 'TRiPPY WHY U DO THAT TO DiGi?'
Lulz forum memes.

I went and checked out the links you fixed, then clicked between them excitedly. I should use the oekaki more...

So glad to see progress being made so quickly. Thanks Trip!

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Yay for progress! -offers sparklers in celebration-

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I just installed a decent text editor because the wordpress default one is the suck. Now i should be able to fire through pages with easssse. It's like having dreamweaver IN my browser, huzzah. Staff will enjoy this feature too since its a lot easier than DW to get your head around.

Still working on the podcast page. Have to go install a podcast plugin now. So much work @~@

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
TRiPPY, DO YOU EVER SLEEP!?

That's friggin' dedication. Take yourself a break at some point and play some scribblenauts. :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oh yes i get sleep, i just kinda start working when DiGi gets up for work in the morning.

Incase anyone is wondering I'm having to repost all the old podcast shows as posts so i can link them on the actual PODCAST page. Sorry for the DreamCast spam. Though, it IS kinda fun listening to our old old shows XD

-------------------

Podcast section DONE. I'll probably do the staff page next since that's easy. Dinner tieeeeem.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
TRiPPY, it's nice to know that you still eat and sleep. I was getting worried. :D

Keep up the good work!

striker0

striker0

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well this hasn't changed much. Still into video games, anime, and cooking. Gotten into gunpla very heavily in the past couple years, as well as other things.
Well TRiPPY, if you ever need more Gorilla tape, I have a case full over here. And if worst comes to worst, I have my friends welding equipment here :lol:.

No, but in all seriousness, good luck with the overhaul. I would've posted sooner, but I couldn't get here because it wasn't allowing me to come to the page. While it's been a while since I did HTML (2002-ish) atleast you got Dreamweaver to work with, though I also know that is sometimes temperamental.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
@Striker0 it's less html thesedays (thats EASY) and more php and xml i have to fix. It's like a sanity tradeoff. It's harder to code but the end result is a million times more efficent.

Ok so I'm back to working on the site thismorning. I feel a bit sick but I'll just keep trundling on. So much to do.

Cloud_Ninja

Cloud_Ninja

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
TRiPPY. You should try chocolate dipped puff pastery. It tastes nice and is full of sugery goodness XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Mmm i could do with some of that right now...

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
You feel sick today? -worryworry- Don't make yourself sick! You shouldn't push yourself if you aren't feeling well... -concern-

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
*tries to e-mail TRiPPY some cookies and tea by shoving them into her disk drive*

LOAD DARNIT LOAD!!!

hey, and again thanks!
We could never truely repay you for all you've done for us!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I am the only one who loves that a NiGHTS website is being done with Dreamweaver? That is just too awsome for words. :P

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
LOL OMG THE IRONY. Nice catch, NW! Nice catch indeed. :D

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

LOL OMG THE IRONY. Nice catch, NW! Nice catch indeed. :lol:

Thank you, thank you! *NiGHTS bows*

TRiPPY, you can never use anything else for the site, ok? :D

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
The new look is pretty damn funky so far. I like that the DreamCast is already up so all you gotta do is click the play button instead of go to a blank white screen. At least that's how it used to be for me anyway.

Thank you, thank you! *NiGHTS bows*

TRiPPY, you can never use anything else for the site, ok? :D

Gonna have to agree with Nocturne on that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users