Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IMPORTANT: Major website rehaul planned

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
i hope it all goes smoothly for you, expectin updates on twitter lol :P

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Looking forward to seeing what this looks like in the end :P Really glad we got the money together so quickly, this is one dedicated fanbase :P

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
-has been in a state of worry since the night before- The odd thing about timing... is that probably a bit before the forum came back... my internet cut out until right now.... :P

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
OK I'm off to bed! Early start in the morning :P Thanks for a fun day guysss.

PS)Also when we DO get a wiki installed the Wikidreamia name has really stuck lol.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I like the name Wikidreamia a LOT. Maybe put it in the ol' NiGHTS style, though, like WiKiDREAMiA? That looks pretty neat, even if it is hard to type, lol.

Sounds like this is gonna be a TON of work, best of luck! If I can help, I'd be happy to. ^^

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Wow...I leave for one day and:

1)People come outta the woodworks

2) The forum raises enough money to buy a new skin

3) TRiPPY suffocates us and offers tea and scones

and....and....

I forgot the password to my PayPal account cause I was gonna donate a PENNY.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Sent you some funds TRiPPY for tea and crumpets! Keep up the great work!

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Aw man... I can't freaking help. No cha-ching to spare, even if I did have an online account to do that.

...RealaOwl... Not possible. He's still stuck to - *sees that he's gone* ...well it has been a while... *silence*

Run! Run before the demented clown raids the makeup aisles! He'll want Maybelliiiiiinnee! (At least we'll never have to worry about Jackle in this regard.)
---
I'm actually looking forward to see how this'll all work out. I personally can tolerate HTML but rearranging the site...this is going to be.... well you know. T_T If I lived closer, I'd make cookies in honor of this occasion and share with as many people I could reach...or until the cookies ran out. Mmm.... (Darned it, now I'm hungry.)

Edit: Just read and...the site was down? Dang. Glad I missed that. I'd have been: "What the frick? Was this an error? ....Yep. Darned it! I wanted to annoy Reala today. Reala Day. It came early. I'm gonna write about him being a bunny." And so on and so on until I finally fall into an idea that could work when suddenly things are back online.

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
I would've donated, But I spent all my money on a Black Box that Plays Awesome games, like One about a Flying purple Jester who goes around trying to kill a metal Spikey Headed guy. Unfortunately, I don't have said game yet.

Cloud_Ninja

Cloud_Ninja

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Good lucks with the updating thingy mabob.

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
Uh... I know this is going to sound really lame... but... uh... what's a scone? I've heard of them, but I don't really know what it is. And on that subject, what's a crumpet? :P

EternalFluffy

EternalFluffy

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:writing, playing games, reading manga, weirdo dance-acting, lurking online...
Ah, gosh. I also randomly had an internet outage right at the time the site went down, and it was pretty bad for me because I had it *before*. I get my internet back, and one of the first things I see is the e-mail from TRiPPY and the link didn't work when I clicked on it. I was all like "O.O !!!! I miss the internet for two days and the site goes and gets itself blown up!" But yeah...somewhat relieved now.

I'm still really anxious about the re-construction, because I worry about stuff getting lost/being reduced. I have anxiety issues. But if the site rehaul will make it easier and faster to work on the site in the future, go for it! It'll be awesome! (selfish translation: my friend and I really, really, really hope to still get a little picture slot in the cosplay "hall of fame". It's, like, our life's ambition. XD So we REALLY hope the cosplay page isn't completely changed so that there are no more picture-things or something.) I would've thrown in a few bucks, but I don't have my own paypal account. But at least it's not a dire need anymore. I shall now crawl back into my little lurker cave until it's finished, and stop being a bother. :P

Chao Freak 1

Chao Freak 1

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Space Channel 5, NiGHTS, VOCALOID, the Dream Dimention, Art
Uwaaaa.... Yay new theme~
I loved when this place had updates like... every week when JoD came out. I'm glad this will make updates easier even if they're not as frequent. Plus, the iMAGNi site is amazing, so I'm excited to see the new skin~

And I think I'll have some tea now.... Maybe a mint tea. That sounds nice.

Andre Nesman

Andre Nesman

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I'm late, but not forgotten.

Congratulations TRiPPY! Good luck with the job. :P

Brazil Nights!!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Morninnnnnng~ Right! Up and at em TRiPSTAR. Lol i drew NiGHTS lastnight XD I should scan it.

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Morninnnnnng~ Right! Up and at em TRiPSTAR. Lol i drew NiGHTS lastnight XD I should scan it.

Morning as well! ^^ Although where you are, it's like noon now, lol.

YES SCAN. O.O

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Yes, up and at 'em. (Although, I'm about to fall asleep...)

And yes, please scan.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
ok back home again, i scanned him but i can't show it until Monday XD;; you'll find out why soon. lawl

edit-
PROGRESS REPORT.

well Myst is getting all his stuff set up in his new house so until i get databse details off him I'm working on offline skin customizing ^^ It's coming out real nice :)

Thanks so MUCH to the people sending me munchie donations XD I'm gonna end up 50stone and get stuck in my chair lollll.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
mmmmmmm now I want tea!

One question, your gonna keep the sites bacic navigation the same? (EX. the sidebar?)
'cause I like that a lot.

EJB

EJB

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Music, psychology, Katamari, HTML coding,
Always great to see the community coming together.
Even if it is technically mostly TRiPPY.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Just seen what TRiP's been working on. Ooooo, tis pretty :D Our website shall look Pop Lock Funk indeed!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Looks like things are pacing along nicely, I got an apartment recently, I understand how bills can be, BUT I have been doing uberly awesome saving up for a new comp, but I have some extra munnies to spare, so you got 15 bucks!

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.

Just seen what TRiP's been working on. Ooooo, tis pretty :D Our website shall look Pop Lock Funk indeed!

Oh you tease. I can't wait to be dazzled.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

One question, your gonna keep the sites bacic navigation the same?

Its going to be easier to understand and easier to get to the most useful/popular bits like the forums/podcasts/oekaki and so on. Not the same kind of menu however. I'm so done with javascript lol.

Also madhugs to DiENE ^^! Thank you :D

When all this is done and we update the site a lot more you gaaaaiisss better bloody use it XD I wanna see subs and projects a plenty!

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I'm already on my way to the generic craft store and Home Depot to make that 2-D NiGHTS bust purely made out of paint samples! (seriously) thanks. :D

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Uh... I know this is going to sound really lame... but... uh... what's a scone? I've heard of them, but I don't really know what it is. And on that subject, what's a crumpet? :D

A scone is a yummy little baked good that goes with tea. They're kind of like little shortcakes.

A crumpet is the real name for an English Muffin. :)

I'm already on my way to the generic craft store and Home Depot to make that 2-D NiGHTS bust purely made out of paint samples! (seriously) thanks. :P

That is too awsome. Will it have a background?

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
I have one or two ideas I wanna use... I never come to a forum without having something to bring to the table. It's a policy of mine. :D

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Nearly finished prettying up the site skin. Then bed. I've been at this all day @~@

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
You deserve the rest, TRiPPY, You've done and are still doing so much for us.

Now I need to come up with a non-suspictious way to covince the 'rents to take me to the hardware store.......

*starts trying to think of possible backgrounds to use*

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
G'night, Trip. Sweet dreams. ^^

@ andersam: School project? Friend project? Peer pressure? They don't wanna know?

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
hmmmmmmm
luckey for me, I don't have any homework tonight, so I'll go after dinner maybe

"but c'mooonnn mom! EVERYONE who's ANYONE hangs out at Ace hardware!!"

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
A cool background could be dark purple and black paint chips with glitter. :P

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
Reading this topic is seriously the highlight of my day. School with 2 AP classes and marching band eats away all personal life. :P

I saw Owl. :P Cute. (I think he should have a spot on the main page.) I'm so looking forward to seeing the new look. :D Updates are exciting!

Good luck, TRiPPY!

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music

hmmmmmmm
luckey for me, I don't have any homework tonight, so I'll go after dinner maybe

"but c'mooonnn mom! EVERYONE who's ANYONE hangs out at Ace hardware!!"

Yes, come hang out at the one I work at, we can NiGHTS it up. XD

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Sooo a crumpet is an English muffin? -wince- I'm not particularly fond of those... but the scones sound tasty. :)

Also, TRiPPY, you is very awesome for doin' this.

Cloud_Ninja

Cloud_Ninja

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm trying to convince my parents to let me donate, but their still angry that they had to buy me a new saturn and NiGHTS disk.
I hope I can convince them ^.^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I'm up, I'm awake, aaaaaand I'm backtowork because lastnight I thought I'd finished the site background only to realise i had only done 3 quarters of it since the template i was working with lied to me and my screen is smaller than the template. So I'm doing this so it will look (hopefully) decent on larger screens too. Shouldn't take too long. I hope.

Until i get my database set up (so i can actualy be working ON the site itself) I'll just plot out my plan of action, how I'm going to reorginize the folders (getting rid of the colortree which is a throwback of the old OLD NiGHTS/Imagni stuff)(You'll notice on the old site there was always a color in the URL). My site ran on virtual rainbows lol.

Want to make lots of short URLS, tidy basic folders, obvious links and other such stuff.

I have a kitkat chunky mmmm.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
BUMPITBABY!

Ok update, the downtime wasn't to do with the server. It was to do with how the nameservers work (our name). Pointing them to new ones so if the site goes down for a few minutes or whatever don't worry, the domain name will kick in soon.

Also MYST OF WONDER hath returned and given me database power so now i can get to working on the site :)
Here we go!~ onwards

EDIT 2-
OK GUYS STAND BY FOR MAJOR DISRUPTION! <3 The front page will probably go down and be replaced by my instal. The forums will still be here so bookmark NOW.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
the front page is blue .....you're in the wrong fanbase :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
LOL yeah suprise! when i said i was in a Sonic mood i wasn't kidding. I'm closing down this NiGHTS site and making a Sonic one :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users