Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World Tour!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.
Here, you can post pictures of where you live.

Since everyone here is scattered around the world (well, almost!), I thought it could be a little fun to do a "World Tour" or sorts. You know, look at pictures from where we all come from and live. I guess I'll start...

My city, Pittsburgh.
Posted Image

The township I live in. Close to the city.
Posted Image

I'd love to see the amazing places you guys are from! ^_^

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I live in Utah. It's dry. It's hellacious. It's... dry. And cold. Above pictures are of the Great Salt Lake and the city I live it, Sandy.

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
Here's Belpre, Ohio. (Not the exacy place that I live in though, I'm not allowed to post that kind of stuff.)

http://image1.weathe...m_1226551947524

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
Los Angeles.

Posted Image

These buildings here...You can ALWAYS see them from where I live...And when you are on the freeway or on the streets near these buildings...They look massive.

The same buildings:

Posted Image

And here is the Hollywood sign:

Posted Image

Hollywood sucks bytheway.

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Some of the many images I took of my city, Boston, I commute there alot, Twilight pics taken from my actual town, you get really great views of the city from here.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
<a href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IUSaTgWqqUA/RvhmxuNs9fI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/OszK1TKunLI/s400/buffalo.jpg">BUFFALO!</a>

Posted Image

I technically live NEXT to Buffalo in Amherst but I found this image in less than a minute of Google searching so THAT IS WHAT YOU GET!

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
*Kills everyone in blind jealousy for almost everybody else living in fancy cities except for her.*
(JK, I'm content with where I currently live.) ^^

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, video games, drawing, writing, the internet, and basically being a hermit.
-dead because LUCiD killed her-

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

but I found this image in less than a minute of Google searching so THAT IS WHAT YOU GET!

That's what I did. I'm lazy. Gotta love Google! :rolleyes:

When the fountain is on. Prettiness ensues.
Posted Image

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Currently living in stinky yet awesome London:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
Oh wow that conehead shaped building is really cool. Never saw that before XD

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I think that's the first time I've seen an image of London that wasn't back in the days of Sherlock Holmes and Peter Pan, or of just Big Ben. Wow. That's really creative architecture. Pretty.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
:rolleyes: yeah we call it the Gherkin. I think it's the stock exchange or something related to banks. We also call it something else but uh... lol.

London has this amazing contrast of architecture going on. There' some amazing futuristic skyscrapers and equaly amazing classics.

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Oooohhh... -amazeamaze- ...Does it really smell? I've never been, and my folks and I are headed there sometime... eventually... when the recession ends... TT-TT

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

my hometown of elgin! nothing compared to you city folks, but meh, it's home :)

you can almost see my house in the bottom one! :P

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

my hometown of elgin! nothing compared to you city folks, but meh, it's home :)

you can almost see my house in the bottom one! :P

Nothing compared? Kisuke, Elgin looks awesome! Very "old timey"-ish. Very cool.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Sorry Kisuke, but I have to stalk you now. Those pictures are gorgeous! :P

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
the whole lot of you can come and visit! :) maybe bring some life into the place, it's gettin too stingy :) ima go get pictures myself, and show you more if it appeals :)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts

Does it really smell?

LOL, yes it does unfortunately but you dont notice it after a while. I come from the windy hills of Scotland so I'm not used to having black gunk in my nose after walking about the city center. So much car pollution! And the open sewage drains in some streets are gross! (why the hell are they open anyway!?) they smell so bad in Leicster Square on a hot day @~@ Other than that, wonderful city.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
*jumps on the bandwagon*

Here is my absolutely insane and messed up hometown, known as Minneapolis~ Even tho I'm going to college SOMEWHERE ELSE. *dun dun*

The view I get frequently:

Posted Image

That slightly famous sculpture with St Mary's Basilica behind it! I used to go there a lot.

Posted Image

Same view as the first at dusk! It's so pretty at certain angles...
Posted Image

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Man i love skyscrapers! And that cherry is awesome!

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

I'm not used to having black gunk in my nose after walking about the city center.

:) racism! :) i joke i joke, is having open sewers not a safety hazard? and i must say, all these cityscapes of unusual design make me feel like a country bumpkin! :)

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?

Man i love skyscrapers! And that cherry is awesome!

Lol, yeah, if you look up old pics of Minneapolis, there's like only one tall building, The Foshay Tower, and nowadays it's like, 'YOU DURN WHIPPERSNAPPERS GET OFF MAH LAWN >:{' If you don't know the Foshay Tower, and you probably don't XD, it's that little dinky one to the left with the pyramid-y top and tall antenna.

The Cherry and the Spoon (also known as the Spoonbridge and Cherry) is a rather popular landmark around town. XD I've seen weddings happen there. It also shoots water out of the stem when the weather's nice enough so the water won't freeze in the pipes. XD

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I love that cherry!

Kisuke- Are you taking us all to Elgin as part of that free holliday you promised? :P

Loufren

Loufren

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

LOL, yes it does unfortunately but you dont notice it after a while. I come from the windy hills of Scotland so I'm not used to having black gunk in my nose after walking about the city center. So much car pollution! And the open sewage drains in some streets are gross! (why the hell are they open anyway!?) they smell so bad in Leicster Square on a hot day @~@ Other than that, wonderful city.

Oh my... Some of the smells here are a bit funky too... But that's horrible! Open sewage? Ewwwwwww.... At least it only smells ucky here if it rains too long, because all the water comes from the Salt Lake, which also smells horrible and is impossible to enjoy the swim in because of the brine shrimp and the sting of salt in wounds you didn't know you had...

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

That slightly famous sculpture with St Mary's Basilica behind it! I used to go there a lot.

Posted Image

Same view as the first at dusk! It's so pretty at certain angles...
Posted Image

Aww man... I want a giant cherry. It would make me happy. :P

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
one day noctourne...one day :P plus, if the cherry was glaced (?) then it'd be super shiny and blind the photographer :P

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Move to Minneapolis and you can see the Spoonbridge and Cherry wheneeeeeeeeeeeveeeeer you like. :) :)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
i doubt i'd be allowed to by american customs, being scottish and all :)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

i doubt i'd be allowed to by american customs, being scottish and all :P

I'm sure they'd be prepared for a sudden influx of tourists going to Minneapois just to look at a giant cherry. Doesn't it happen all the time? :P

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Robot made of bridges, cause Pittsburgh has bridges. Not as cool as a giant cherry.
Posted Image

See? Bridge.
Posted Image

South Side.
Posted Image

Station Square. Cool place. :)
Posted Image

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Well, if you ever do come, I'll take you to all the seedy bars and 'adult superstores'. After all, they're RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM SCHOOL.

No joke. Went past them eeeeeeeeeeeeevery day.

But don't worry, there's a police station right next to the gay bar. It's across the street from the library.

Also no joke.

See why I call Minneapolis 'absolutely insane'? Cuz it is. AND I LOVE IT. Always something going on, or something to do. ALWAYS. I'm so glad I lived there. I get bored so easily, and the city was MADE for relieving boredom.

Not all methods are suspicious and seedy, of course. :) We have a very high number of parks (we get on the top ten cities for park space in the country) and we still have ALL those lakes...

ALWAYS something to do. :P

EDIT: I'm slightly bewildered everyone is so fascinated with the cherry. XD But then, I grew up with it, so after the first years of childhood going "OMG GIANT CHERRY" I guess the novelty wore off. Also, I think that statue is a transformer in disguise.... ;;>_>

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Well, if you ever do come, I'll take you to all the seedy bars and 'adult superstores'. After all, they're RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM SCHOOL.

No joke. Went past them eeeeeeeeeeeeevery day.

That's how my old Catholic school was. (I go to public school now!) There was a cigarette store right next to it, a few run-down car part stores and hardware stores, 3 bars, a beer distributor, and a strip club. Did I mention CATHOLIC school? :)

And if you guys can't tell, I love where I live. It's so lively and fun. Which isn't the stereotype of it... :P

EDIT: I'm slightly bewildered everyone is so fascinated with the cherry. XD But then, I grew up with it, so after the first years of childhood going "OMG GIANT CHERRY" I guess the novelty wore off. Also, I think that statue is a transformer in disguise.... ;;>_>

I think I'd still love a giant cherry, no matter how many times I'd see it. But that's just me... and yeah, I do think it looks like a Transformer, too.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Yeah, wait, you're right. XD I still stare out the window every time I go by the cherry. It's a GIANT CHERRY. ON A SPOON.

Er, that should be in past tense. Oh well.

Pittsburgh does kinda look like my kinda place...

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
@Sapphire : Bridge Robot is awesome...

Also this:

Posted Image

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA +50 PTS TO PAC MAN.

WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA

Win. ^^

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I'd post pics if Sierra didn't already. :)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
not just any old transformer, bayformers bumblebee! :) and noctourne, i was referrin to this whole boycott scotland thing america's doing because one man let a terrorist out of jail on compassionate leave due to not very long to live with cancer. now we all get persecuted it seems!

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

I'd post pics if Sierra didn't already. :P

You can still post pictures.... IN AMERICA.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Robot made of bridges, cause Pittsburgh has bridges. Not as cool as a giant cherry.
Posted Image

Transformers, robots in disgui- Pittsburgh!

WOW. :)

We love the sculpture because you can't see a giant spoon with a magical cherry fountain everywhere.

and noctourne, i was referrin to this whole boycott scotland thing america's doing because one man let a terrorist out of jail on compassionate leave due to not very long to live with cancer. now we all get persecuted it seems!

Americans are boycotting Scotland? Why do I never hear the interesting news? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users