Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sonic 4 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Noticed this last night while browsing on my PS3, couldn't listen til I got on the computer, kinda surprised the music's still up

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Fan remixes of Splash Hill http://blogs.sega.co...of-splash-hill/

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Looks like the ending to this game is already out. Seriously, the leaks for this thing just isn't right. Now I am not so sure what to look forward too as I know most of what will be in the game.

Hopefully I can look more forward to the next one? Even though the ending already revealed a pretty important plot to it but still...

leox001

leox001

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I really love Sonic games, this one looks very promising, I used to go about the official Sonic 4 forums but... they're filled with people complaining about ridiculous things like the name of Eggman and other crap. And the thread I made about something interesting (and not stupid whining) like the possibility of a STEAM release, goes to the third page in one day.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
After weeks and weeks of nothing but unofficially leaked videos SEGA's finally going to start giving us updates on the game once again. Later today, Sonic Retro and Sonic Stadium will both be giving us the goods. I can't wait.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Here's the new trailer, showing off the first level. Revealing that it's delayed until late 2010. : /
To be honest, the graphic style doesn't do much for me. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and the proof of this game will be in the playing! It certainly looks like it will be Sonic-y enough!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm totally cool with the delay, it's good for Sega to acknowledge when they need delays. If only they did it for every game that needed it.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I don't care how long it's delayed as long as it makes improvements. I'd rather have a late but good game than a punctual but mediocre one. :P

7Force

7Force

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, anime
while it sucks that they delayed the game I'm not upset as I want them to make the best possable game they can.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
It's true. But in terms of "big news" announcements a delay is always a bit disappointing...

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
When was the last time a Sonic game was delayed anyway? I can't remember.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
All i can say is if they're really listening to fan input then that mine-cart level needs to go, lol. That doesn't look like fun at all XD;;

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
It looks a lot like Ristar to me. :P 'Tis very shiny.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

All i can say is if they're really listening to fan input then that mine-cart level needs to go, lol. That doesn't look like fun at all XD;;

If this is to be believed.. http://www.tssznews....-touch-release/

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Interview with Ken Balough, E3- http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6265241/

Kinda short, doesn't really say anything we don't already know

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
Can't wait to hear the feedback on that E3 demo.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. this 'uncurled' state as you come out of a spin in Sonic 4 could be a huge problem, and also a gap in sensible logic. http://www.youtube.c...Abo1dfjRjA#t=38

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
Yeah, the majority of folks, including myself, don't really care for the uncurling. Everything else looks fine. This is the only real issue I can see.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I've honestly wanted to be excited for this game, i grew up with the first 3 games (& Knuckles) on the Mega Drive. But as more of Sonic 4 has been shown it's showing to me how detached it looks. Sonic's movement is one thing people keep bringing up that looks off and if Sonic's movement looks off then that's a big problem. It's not like a glitchy section of a level or some gimmick that can be overlooked, this is Sonic. If he ain't moving right then it really does effect the whole turn out of the game.

As such, and in all honesty, i find myself genuinely being more excited for Sonic Colours than i do for Sonic 4.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
As much as I was hyped up for Sonic 4 I'm going to have to side with DiGi and admit that I've become more interested in Sonic Colors. I do agree that the movement is odd. I was so drunk on hype in the past and now that I've sobered up I've started noticing how lame his walking is. Quite frankly his running animation was perfect and should have never been touched.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Things can still be fixed (I hope). Colours is more exciting, though.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
I don't know what to think. I look at the unrolling thing and just think "why would they even try putting that in the game?"
It seriously doesn't make sense...

Sonic Colors looks great, it makes me wish I had a Wii to play the "real" version. But I expect the DS version to hold its own.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
It does seem like overall Sonic Colors has now taken a lot of thunder away from Sonic 4, which should prove something positive, I think; we're not so much simply wanting some nostalgia trip, rather just a pure, fun Sonic game with some innovation, which Sonic Colors is, finally. Though it also reflects these oddities with Sonic 4; we're seeing how awkward parts of the game are turning out due to Iizuka's insistence on that damned homing attack. The uncurling thing has got to change.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Sonic 4 is unveiled as one of the mystery games of ScrewAttack's SGC event

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I haven't watched this yet, but apparently there's a supposed possibility of Sega bowing to fan pressure and doing something or other with a 'classic' Sonic for the game.. though in the end it's more about how Sonic behaves than what he looks like that matters

Anyway here's the Sega forum thread with another interview with Ken Balough posted- http://forums.sega.c...919#post5954919

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
I think classic Sonic just works better with the look and feel of the game. I hope Sega does something.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/us/

Updated with Lost Labyrinth Zone

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
They lost the Labyrith already? Why, it's on the map under Robotnik's factory! ^_^

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://blogs.sega.co...te-blog-part-i/

Minor tweaks, though no word yet if uncurling will be removed. Which is annoying since it's a far more important matter than speeding up the time it takes to get blurry legs.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

http://blogs.sega.co...te-blog-part-i/

Minor tweaks, though no word yet if uncurling will be removed. Which is annoying since it's a far more important matter than speeding up the time it takes to get blurry legs.

I'm still waiting to see this as well.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
While the uncurling is certainly more important, this is Sega paying attention to tiny details. If that's not astounding, I don't know what is. :D

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

While the uncurling is certainly more important, this is Sega paying attention to tiny details. If that's not astounding, I don't know what is. :D

That is a fairly different change up from how they usually do things.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Lost Labyrinth preview/trailer http://uk.xboxlive.i.../1117226p1.html

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://blogs.sega.co...-blog-part-1-5/

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Note: It seems 95% likely uncurling is in the final version of the game.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Note: It seems 95% likely uncurling is in the final version of the game.

It amazes me that despite all of the fan uproar, Sega's made no mention of uncurling.

Purge

Purge

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:My favorite series are Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Jet Set Radio. I like to draw and play games in my free time.
When it comes to uncurling, I think its Sega's way of trolling.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

When it comes to uncurling, I think its Sega's way of trolling.

It's over, everyone. This is the single best comment on the topic of uncurling.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Apparently Ken thinks the homing attack is optional. How droll.

I asked Ruby if he could correct him; he said he'll direct him to a thread where he can see he's mistaken.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://www.joystiq.c...zone/#continued

http://www.joystiq.c...sode-1-preview/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users